Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Turbine Enforcer info needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbine Enforcer info needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 10:16 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Fin Picture

Fin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	90172_646.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	48336  
Old 06-29-2003, 10:17 PM
joeflyer

Default Linkage

You can make out the rudder linkage if you look closely.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	90173_646.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	48337  
Old 06-30-2003, 03:39 PM
sparkplug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbine Enforcer info needed

Joeflyer,

So how do you like your enforcer now that you have had it for a while now ?

I just finished retrofitting my enforcer with a TGA pipe instead of the weston pipe. So far I have done 12 flights and the pipe has not broken off and the nipple is still their

So far so good. It looks a little stranger but it works.

Mrmike,joeflyer,

The rudders being outboard further is a good idea especially with a turbine. I was a little concerned with them being that close to the turbine.

enjoy!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:42 AM
joeflyer

Default Love It !

Sparkplug wrote:
"So how do you like your enforcer now that you have had it for a while now ?"
-------------------------------
I've only got three flights on it so far. The first flight was just before going on a 2 week vacation. So far it flys great. I did have a little trouble with the pipe pressure nipple on the Weston pipe. It dead sticked 5 minutes into flight #3. No damage and the loose nipple is an easy fix.

I think that the Weston doesn't put out as much pipe pressure as a full size pipe. I have to open up the needle quite a bit to get it rich enough (even when the nipple wasn't loose), then I don't have much range of authority for the in-flight adjustment. I'm planning on upsizing to larger lines just to be sure.

That's just a minor tweek. I really like this plane, very stable, easy to fly, and fast.

Joe
Old 07-01-2003, 01:11 AM
sparkplug

Joeflyer,

You got to love the enforcer on dead stick. It floats right in even with a head wind.

I was also surprised at the speed of the enforcer it scoots around very nicelly. I tried to get more speed by restricting the exit POD diamater and their is definetly a critical size to it. I had reduced it to 3 3/4" and it was flying like a slug in the sky with very little authority in a steep climb. I then started to cut the cone which I had made out of fiber glass to slowly increase the size every flight until I was happy with it's flight characteristics and guess what 4" which is what I had before is the critical size. Any smaller and it flies awfull but magically at 4" it wakes up flies great. Mind you It might fly better if I made it bigger but since I cannot cut anymore without some major mods I am very happy like it is.

Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Mokulele
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turbine Enforcer

My RAM 500 produces only 11 lbs of thrust so with the Enforcer at 12.25 lbs weight it does meet AMA requirements. But even at 11 lbs thrust on paved runways I takeoff at 3/4 throttle, cruise at 1/4 throttle and do loops and verticals at 3/4 throttle. You just cannot yank it around without due consideration for the airframe structural integrity. My FD 3/64, the first engine on my Enforcer, produces 6.5 lbs of thrust and I took off at full throttle but used only half throttle cruising. I preferred using the FD 3/64 over the RAM because the minimum thrust for the FD is 1/2 lb and the RAM is 3/4 lbs. With the RAM I have to cut the throttle considerably earlier than the FD. Any 12 lb engine is a little too much for the Enforcer but that's why you have a throttle stick and you can always cut down on the max RPM thereby reducing the thrust. I feel that the MW 44 or similar sized engine would be best for the Enforcer. I have heard of one Enforcer lost when using a 12 lb engine but that was due to the ailerons coming of. The Enforcer's wing, if built correctly, is very strong. Of course you could probably rip off any aircraft's wing given the right conditions or right amount of abuse. I did change the two 1/4" balsa pieces for the main spar to a C type. I just connected the two 1/4" pieces with 3/32" balsa between the ribs. I still use the original 3/16" balsa vertical stabs with rudders and have had no flutter at all. Of course I do not use rudders during normal flights except on landings and takeoffs. They are quite small but very effective. My Enforcer is 100% covered with Monokote. Happy Flying.
Larry
Old 07-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Bill Yonescu
My Feedback: (44)

Default Byro Blaster mod plans

All these planes look fantastic!

Are there plans (or mod kit) availabvle for the ducted fan vervion modification?

Bil
Old 07-21-2003, 09:46 PM
joeflyer

Default Byro Blaster Websites

Bill,
The information you're looking for is on Mike Weidner's website at http://www.pcisys.net/~rmjs/enfrcr.htm

Also check out Joe Lupton's at http://members.cox.net/jluptonjets/r...techniques.htm

I had my Enforcer at Michigan Jets this past weekend. Many of the pilots had never seen one before and were amazed that anything with a Byron fan could go that fast. It was keeping up with the turbine powered Kangaroos and Hotspots.

Joe
Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Bill Yonescu
My Feedback: (44)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info. I already have the Enforcer on order and I'm not sure what regular engine or maybe a ducted fan unit. I do want retracts and the plans will help that effort.

Thanks again,

Bill