Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ram 500R Parameters

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ram 500R Parameters

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:36 PM
hjnbffc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already sent you the Link to Tony's tips, was this not any help??

Last edited by hjnbffc; 04-21-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:38 AM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Measure from either egt pin to the stainless steel tubing with an ohm meter. It must be an open circuit. Bob
Old 04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
sr71hjason

Bob, are you saying it s hould be an open circuit, or the problem sounds like an open circuit sorry for my incompetence? Jason
Old 04-22-2015, 03:39 PM
rjpmodel

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The thermocouple wires should be isolated from the tube(infinite resistance)
Bob
Old 04-23-2015, 09:35 AM
sr71hjason

My mulitmeter reads ol for open loop when i tested it where you told me too, however if i loosen the plug a little the ohms start reading all over the placeas i loosen or tighten the plug!!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

sr71,
On the "plug", are you specifying the EGT probe plug into the ECU or the glowplug for starting the turbine? If the glowplug, ensure that the connector under the rubber boot is making good contact with the tip of the glowplug not the body of the plug. Also check the continuity of the glowplug itself, as it may be shorted. Finally, when you stated that the turbine fired up, did it complete ramping-allowing you full control of the RPM via the transmitter or data terminal? Let us know to further diagnose your problem.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 04-24-2015, 09:27 AM
sr71hjason

Art, so i was checking with the glow plug not where it connects to the data terminal when i loosened the glow plug about a 16th of a turn the egt probe sysrted reading temp, so i tried to start the engine but i noticed the fuel solenoid would not deliver fuel so i stopped the start up, i primed the fuel pump same thing fuel solenoid wouldn't deliver fuel i know it works so i ran the fuel pump directly to the engine pressed run from data terminal, gas ignited then ramping fuel ignited then running from data terminal egt was 300, rpm was 50k then it spooled to 90k without me pushing the inc button so i stopped the run!!
Old 04-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

sr71hjason,
This is really weird and I'm at a loss for any suggestions-maybe Bob P. can chime in here. The tightness of the glowplug should have nothing to do with the EGT probe. What was the EGT on the data terminal with the glowplug loosened? It should read the ambient air temp in degrees C, or somewhere about 30-35C. With ignition from gas, it should climb to about 300-500 C depending on the depth of the probe into the tailcone. The RPM normally spools up to the set idle or about 55K. On some versions of the ECU the RPM may climb to the max, 155K, in teaching the ECU the specific engine parameters. This is all part of the ramping phase-upon completion the data terminal should indicate a "Running" condition when the RPM is controlled by the INC/DEC buttons or the transmitter if under RC. It is OK to remove the fuel solenoid if you suspect that it is faulty. However the ECU may not command a shutdown upon loss of RC signal as required by AMA turbine regs. I'd contact Bob P for his advice on all this. I have many years of experience with RAM turbines and this is all new to me. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Rgds,
Art
Old 05-24-2015, 11:51 AM
tuliosb

Originally Posted by rjpmodel
C03 is old software. R03B is the latest and was a complete re-design of the software as well as hardware upgrades including a new more powerful microprocessor back in August of 2008. R03B also has enhanced tests that can be run from the main menu. I can send the software manual by email if anyone is interested in more details. All the older RAM or Modelbau ECU's can be upgraded to the latest hardware and R03B software.
Hi Bob!,
I have a Modelbau 500 with an ECU with original SW B01M. How can I get my ECU upgraded to a newer version? My e-mail: [email protected].
Thanks,
tuliosb
Old 05-24-2015, 11:59 AM
tuliosb

Originally Posted by hjnbffc
Hjnbffc,

Can you please send me Tony's tips Link for RAM turbines. ([email protected])
Thanks,
Old 05-24-2015, 12:08 PM
tuliosb

Originally Posted by hjnbffc
Hjnbffc,

Can you please send me Tony's tips Link for RAM turbines. ([email protected])
Thanks,
Old 05-24-2015, 02:57 PM
sidgates

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See Post #15 for Bob Price contact info for ECU upgrade.