Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What Happened to "Successful Shuttle Launch in FL "??

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What Happened to "Successful Shuttle Launch in FL "??

Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What Happened to "Successful Shuttle Launch in FL "??

What happened to the thread entitled "Successful Shuttle Launch in FL" that Todd started?

Why was it va-poo-rised???
Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What Happened to "Successful Shuttle Launch in FL "??

they nuked my thread on Lightning tires too.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Why, WHY, WHY!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:29 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

This is really beginning to get very aggravating
Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
seanreit

It appears to me that the staff does not care what is aggravating to the users. I wrote what i considered to be a very polite email to a mod and Pres of RCU asking about it, no response.

It is possible that amongst us, is some sort of guy or guys that are going around and reporting threads possibly thinking they are making it better place.

these types are always too weenie to say who they are. but in general, they don't make friends with the "cool" crowd [X(]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:56 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woketman

What happened to the thread entitled "Successful Shuttle Launch in FL" that Todd started?

Why was it va-poo-rised???
This thread was removed because it was Off Topic for the Jets Forum. I am sorry but I can not tell who removed the thread. Normally when a thread is removed a notification is sent to the person who started the thread, although sometimes some do slip through the crack and don't get notified for several different reasons. I understand that it's frustrating for the rest of the members who wondered what happened to the thread, but realistically it's impossible to notify everybody who was participating in a thread that it was removed. So occasionally situations like this will arise.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: seanreit

It appears to me that the staff does not care what is aggravating to the users. I wrote what i considered to be a very polite email to a mod and Pres of RCU asking about it, no response.

It is possible that amongst us, is some sort of guy or guys that are going around and reporting threads possibly thinking they are making it better place.

these types are always too weenie to say who they are. but in general, they don't make friends with the "cool" crowd [X(]
Sean,
The Owner, Administration, and Moderators do care about "aggravating" the users. I don't know why you weren't notified about your thread being removed, and I won't even try to make any excuses. However, I will say that it probably shouldn't have happened like that. Myself, I will sent a message to the thread originator when I remove that thread and try to explain why the thread was removed. However, there are times that they won't get notified for several reasons. I realize that it's not right, and I'm not making excuses, but trying to explain that it does happen. RCU is a HUGE place and each Moderator usually has a LOT of territory to watch over. The Jets forum is even worse because it is one of the largest and busiest forums here on RCU. Which means that Jet Moderators are almost always behind in trying to monitor what's going on.

The Moderators here in the Jet forum are stretched a bit thin right now for several different reasons. Marc and Nathan are aware of this situation and are working on rectifying this issue. Hopefully they will have this resolved shortly so problems like this don't continue. In the meantime the Community Moderators, myself included, have been asked to pitch in here in the Jets forum to help keep things running smoothly. This is one of the main funtions of the Community Moderators job here on RCU, to help the Moderators perform their duties and to help out when issues arise. I'll be here watching over the forum until Nathan has the issues worked out and we get the forum back on track.

On behalf of RCU I would like to apologize to everybody in the Jets forum for any problems that have come up, and assure you that we are working to get them straightened out. RCU cares for all of it's members and doesn't want anybody here to think that we don't care.

Ken
Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
seanreit

nvrmind.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:49 PM
invertmast

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Sean,
The Owner, Administration, and Moderators do care about "aggravating" the users.

RCU cares for all of it's members and doesn't want anybody here to think that we don't care.

Ken
Ken,
this being said with all respect to you as a fellow rc modeller, but Actions speak louder than words and with all the topics being removed lately. I dont see the RCU staff caring about "not" aggravating its users.

Honestly, if the jet forum is the busiest part of RCU, how about giving us jet forum users our own dedicated "off topic" sub forum. If the rest of the jet community is like me, i very rarely go outside of the jet forum. So our own subforum for off-topic theads would be alot less "aggravating" than removing the topic all together and having threads like this pop up every few days or week.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:52 PM
seanreit

Excellent suggestion! Too bad, and shame on them if they don't do it. Incredibly, every jet guy would be subscribed to that forum as well, so what difference would it make if it was not in the main forum?? []
Old 11-17-2008, 07:55 PM
invertmast

Excellent suggestion! Too bad, and shame on them if they don't do it. Incredibly, every jet guy would be subscribed to that forum as well, so what difference would it make if it was not in the main forum?? []
only time will tell.. but i have a feeling their response will be "that just makes more work for us". But yet, if it wasn't for the users of this forum, it wouldn't be what it is today. but hopefully they will not have that attitude and will take the suggestion in stride and make use of it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not see how Seans post was off topic for jets, his solution for fixing a problem we all deal with was very informative, who has not had a tire problem at one time or another.

He was not soliciting them in my opinion.

Kevin
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's move on.
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

This thread was removed because it was Off Topic for the Jets Forum. I am sorry but I can not tell who removed the thread. Normally when a thread is removed a notification is sent to the person who started the thread, although sometimes some do slip through the crack and don't get notified for several different reasons. I understand that it's frustrating for the rest of the members who wondered what happened to the thread, but realistically it's impossible to notify everybody who was participating in a thread that it was removed. So occasionally situations like this will arise.
So some guy, who has no idea who the people who frequent this forum are and what their relationship with Todd (the originator of the thread on the "shuttle") is, goes and nukes a thread because its "off topic," and and yet the ET Jets thread, which went DEEP into the weeds three pages ago, is untouched. Amazing. I would suggest that maybe the moderators who aren't familiar with this forum might be better suited to doing their "job" in the forums that they actually frequent...

Bob