Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Crow & Camber Mix

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Crow & Camber Mix

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
B777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crow & Camber Mix

I am experimenting with Ailerons/Flaps mix (Crow). I am quite new to this flight control configuration but initial test shows quite good result for better control of approach path and speed. I still cannot determine the exact elevator mixes relative to the amount of ailerons deflection at various flaps configurations. I am testing this on the Reaction ARF but would like to apply this technique to other model as well. How much deflection is normally used on ailerons?

Anyone with experience with Crowing please chime in. Thanks

Kraivuth S.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Default RE: Crow & Camber Mix

Just copy my settings
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Gee, That tells the rest of us a lot!

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:30 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As much flap as you can get and about 10mm up aileron, this will still allow you to get some control of the roll axis, put the reflex on a side slider if you have one then you can increase or decrease the amount of spoiler (which the ailerons become when reflexed up) to adjust the rate of decent. Elevator compensation depends on the airframe, the more the flaps and reflexed aileron are opposed the less compensation you will need as one cancel's out the other, but you will get some interaction between the disturbed airflow over the wing blanking the tailgroup, just suck it and see, worth the effort IMO.

Hope this helps.
Mike
Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

I am still experimenting with how much crow to add on a RARF, Reaction ARF. I have about 1/2" UP on each side. I also reduced my flaps from almost 90 degrees to around 55 degrees. Down elev trim was needed to keep it level at landing power settings. The Reaction now really feels locked in on the final pattern with a bunch of throttle to keep the turbine spooled up. I also have Elev to FLP mix to avoid any stall tendencies...more testing will be done, but so far I like landing my heavy Reaction better this way, your experiance will vary
Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
B777

that's about what I have on the aileron deflection, 10mm, at full flaps. I have now mixed in elevator trim so I can adjust this with different crow setting. These setting will then become camber-elevator mixes. More testing tomorrow...

Ehap has sophisticated crow setting...my radio will not take the complexity !!

Thanks,
Kraivuth S.