Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEW VIDEO OF DAVID SHULMAN'S VISIT TO KUWAIT.VIDEO PART 2 RELEASED

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEW VIDEO OF DAVID SHULMAN'S VISIT TO KUWAIT.VIDEO PART 2 RELEASED

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Q8_HAWK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW VIDEO OF DAVID SHULMAN'S VISIT TO KUWAIT.VIDEO PART 2 RELEASED

more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95470.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1088860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70868.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1088861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze84961.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1088862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80167.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1088863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60803.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1088864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54315.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1088865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51732.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1088866  
Old 12-13-2008, 08:12 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: NEW VIDEO OF DAVID SHULMAN'S VISIT TO KUWAIT.

David nice flying. As expected another great performance. Lots of cool models too.

Ronald R Long
Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Two great R/C pilot David SHULMAN'S & Robbie lynch AKA goldfinger.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Thats some of the best aircraft "driving" I have ever seen !

Its also the most deliberately dangerous operation of ANY model aircraft I have ever seen in my 50 years in the hobby, some of this is just plain dumb, ignoring the most basic of rules, particularly the Skygate Hawk early in the video, (see one of the several bystanders step back as the Hawk approaches almost straight at them at head height), the Cougar being flown at very low level, head height, DIRECTLY towards the camera and the sport jet being flown similarly being pulled up into a loop from low level STRAIGHT at the camera and spectators standing behind.

What you guys do in the privacy of your own airfield is your own business but to tout this sort of grossly irresponsible flying, by the rest of the world's standard, on the internet, as excellence is priceless.

Some of us have raised our heads above the parapet to do what we can to promote safety of operations in the best interest of this sport, (its a thankless thing to do, as I well know) to secure its future, pass on what we've learned operating military jets in a highly professional environment, but when I see this sort of thing on RCU I can see its a hell of an uphill struggle.

Confirmation? I note that it says on the tape that this sort of flying is totally legal in Kuwait, I guess that implies, admits, you realize that for obvious reasons it is illegal and would never be tolerated elesewhere .

I would suggest that the best jet pilot in the world is one who matches his superior skill with superior judgement and displays the highest standard of airmanship whenever and wherever he flies, just as the world's best display pilots, eg Red Arrows, do when they go about their business.

I guess no one else will bother to offer this opinion even though they know its valid, for fear of being named an alarmist or party pooper, but it needs to be said and I might, just might, have done some individuals and the hobby a favour and made them think deeply about just what they are doing and promoting.

Of course we could all just turn a blind eye, wait for the numerous easily impressionable wannabees (some of whom will no doubt have a go at me for saying this) to copy this style and wait for the inevitable.

Regards, David Gladwin.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:01 AM
blackcat

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here here David G, i agree completely. I seem to recall that not to long ago one of David Shulmans' models crashed in a fireball runway centre, hardly "dumb thumbs" but highly demonstrative of the need to resist the temptation to "let your hair down" and toss S.O.P. out the window.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Q8_HAWK

we follow our safety regulations and we take it seriously.
and we also like to have fun . in the end its a sport.
mistakes and crashes can happen any time anywhere.you can lose control of your model 1000 feet high in the sky and it can crash on anybodys head 5 feet away from you and kill him .thats in god hands.
if we have to think like this, thin we should stop flying model airplanes for good
accidents happen anywhere anytime.
enjoy the sport
Old 12-14-2008, 11:35 AM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Accidents do happen, but giving the middle digit to fate just seems like a bad idea all the way round.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
jetjunky

Yes mate, looking forward to it. I may come over next week for a scout.

rgs

Leon
Old 12-14-2008, 07:00 PM
jetjunky

quote:eon
get me the footage plz to make a new video
regards
hasan

I will get you lots of footage!

Leon
Old 12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Q8_HAWK

leon. i've sent you the logo .

regards
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Q8_HAWK

mistakes and crashes can happen any time anywhere.you can lose control of your model 1000 feet high in the sky and it can crash on anybodys head 5 feet away from you and kill him .thats in god hands.
if we have to think like this, thin we should stop flying model airplanes for good
enjoy the sport
Any jet related accidents affect the hobby around the world.
If somebody gets killed by a model jet in kuwait, does it stop model jets in Kuwait?
I am sure it wont... however other counties might be effected because of the danger involved.
But this is not just the danger involved, its provoking danger...
Inshallah...right... , godwilling anything can happen.. so stop wearing seatbelts because if god wants you to go a seatbelt isnt gonne help.
Play russian roulette if your sure its not your time, just keep it pionted at yourself.
David G knows how much work has gone into in making it a safe hobby for all and we can all enjoy for years, so can we keep it this way please?
Anything can happen just isnt good enough..

Old 12-16-2008, 02:03 PM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nobody has any comments here? Hmmm,why not....
Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: powerjets

Nobody has any comments here? Hmmm,why not....
I think everyone knows/realizes the video of the jet flying towards the "pits" was not to smart after all.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
ash 26

ORIGINAL: powerjets

ORIGINAL: Q8_HAWK

enjoy the sport
Any jet related accidents affect the hobby around the world.
If somebody gets killed by a model jet in kuwait, does it stop model jets in Kuwait?
I am sure it wont... however other counties might be effected because of the danger involved.
But this is not just the danger involved, its provoking danger...
Inshallah...right... , godwilling anything can happen.. so stop wearing seatbelts because if god wants you to go a seatbelt isnt gonne help.
Play russian roulette if your sure its not your time, just keep it pionted at yourself.
David G knows how much work has gone into in making it a safe hobby for all and we can all enjoy for years, so can we keep it this way please?
Anything can happen just isnt good enough..

Hi ALL
I agree It is a dissgrase to see a world-class Pilot act so careless[:@]

have a nice day

Andreas
Old 12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
SinCityJets

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

Thats some of the best aircraft "driving" I have ever seen !

Its also the most deliberately dangerous operation of ANY model aircraft I have ever seen in my 50 years in the hobby, some of this is just plain dumb, ignoring the most basic of rules, particularly the Skygate Hawk early in the video, (see one of the several bystanders step back as the Hawk approaches almost straight at them at head height), the Cougar being flown at very low level, head height, DIRECTLY towards the camera and the sport jet being flown similarly being pulled up into a loop from low level STRAIGHT at the camera and spectators standing behind.

What you guys do in the privacy of your own airfield is your own business but to tout this sort of grossly irresponsible flying, by the rest of the world's standard, on the internet, as excellence is priceless.

Some of us have raised our heads above the parapet to do what we can to promote safety of operations in the best interest of this sport, (its a thankless thing to do, as I well know) to secure its future, pass on what we've learned operating military jets in a highly professional environment, but when I see this sort of thing on RCU I can see its a hell of an uphill struggle.

Confirmation? I note that it says on the tape that this sort of flying is totally legal in Kuwait, I guess that implies, admits, you realize that for obvious reasons it is illegal and would never be tolerated elesewhere .

I would suggest that the best jet pilot in the world is one who matches his superior skill with superior judgement and displays the highest standard of airmanship whenever and wherever he flies, just as the world's best display pilots, eg Red Arrows, do when they go about their business.

I guess no one else will bother to offer this opinion even though they know its valid, for fear of being named an alarmist or party pooper, but it needs to be said and I might, just might, have done some individuals and the hobby a favour and made them think deeply about just what they are doing and promoting.

Of course we could all just turn a blind eye, wait for the numerous easily impressionable wannabees (some of whom will no doubt have a go at me for saying this) to copy this style and wait for the inevitable.

Regards, David Gladwin.
Personally, I find this post extremely offensive! How dare you David Gladwin!?

Everyone knows that the Blue Angels are the world's best display pilots............geeesh
Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
jimbo1846

where have the video's gone ? the links no-longer work.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:40 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimbo1846

where have the video's gone ? the links no-longer work.
They are probably editing out the parts that probably shouldn't have been made public in the first place.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Q8_HAWK

here is the video's

part one video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRPLcjAS48k

__________________________________________________ _

part two video's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWbGsL9rQH8

enjoy it
regards
hasan
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

people get "shoed"for less

lighten up everybody its XMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
P38J
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video and Great flying!!!
Those who can Do, Those who can't fly in circles and ***** about those who can.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:26 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Gotta love the Jeffersons theme song.... I have seen that smiley face thing before... Looks good!!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dougee,
You should have learned how to create a little "®" as the final piece of the maneuver
Old 12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

If that is your approach to jet model operations, then it seems to me that you have a far bigger problem than you realize.

I have just returned from 2 weeks of teaching RAAF cadets to operate gliders in a competent , efficient and safe manner, some of these youngsters are our future RAAF pilots and I hope that I and my fellow instructors (including some VERY senior RAAF officers with Sabre, Canberra, Mirage, Hornet, F4 and F1-11 experience, all of whom absolutely share my approach to safety) have laid solid foundations for their aviation future and that safety in aviation in absolutely essential and goes hand in hand with operational efficiency.

They all went home thrilled with their flying and looking forward to the next step and even more enthusiastic at the prospect of perhaps flying an F18 or C17.

They also went home convinced of the importance of safety as two young pilots were killed on Thursday, in a mid air collision, in a Cessna 150 near Sydney on Thursday, a sad reinforcement of what we had been teaching them in the matter of safety and the vital neccessity of LOOKOUT. I can't see that safety awareness needs to be taken any more lightly when we are flying hugely powerful gas turbine powerd models, which, if operated, inappropriately, can be lethal.

If you guys in Kuwait think its all in god's hands and, therefore, anything goes then aviation history will reveal that you are very badly mistaken.

May I also just add that when you are as hugely skilled and talented as Shui you dont NEED to do this sort of thing to impress.

My thanks to the guys who have made supportive comments and those who have sent me PMs and emails who don't wish to be identified for obvious reasons.

Regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Kobra

Hey guys,

oh my gosh!

Awsome dudes! Nice flying side you have there[8D]

Awesome flying from David, outstanding.[X(]

Very nice video clips, i must added to my playlist

Greets from Germany

René
Old 12-21-2008, 11:19 AM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK OK It's time for me to fess up......................I sometimes RUN WITH SCISSORS!

Happy Holidays to all,

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.