Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help on retract suppliers

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help on retract suppliers

Old 12-24-2008, 05:20 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help on retract suppliers

Looking for a retract company who might make a set of retract units for a 20-25kg model that work so the air cylinder is 180 degrees to the gear leg when in the retracted phase and 90 degrees to the cylinder when extended.

Any know of units which fit this bill, something in the Behotec C50 or C60 type range as a guide.

Cheers

marcs
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Default RE: Help on retract suppliers

Dreamworks retracts. Just turn around the trunion and you'll have out facing cylinders. I know from experience.

Dave
Old 12-24-2008, 05:40 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could contact Darrell at Sierra Precision. He specializes in custom scale work, great quality.

[link]http://sierraprecision.com/[/link]
Old 12-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

Sure do Go to:
[link]http://www.eurokitlucca.it/Old_Site/PDF/2007_Landing_Gears.pdf[/link]
Open the search window and type in #15809 for the nose and #15810 for the mains.
They are in stock ready for shipment at $35.00 per retract.
Also have one Oil Distribution System left #15946 and several Air Distribution Systems #15948.
All NIB....Please advise? Roger
Old 12-24-2008, 06:48 PM
marc s

Cheers guys, have a great Christmas.

marcs
Old 12-24-2008, 07:04 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: ianober

You could contact Darrell at Sierra Precision. He specializes in custom scale work, great quality.

I've been trying to get ahold of Sierra for a couple months now, how do you actually get a response!!??? They won't return phone calls or emails!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the Robert 630/635 series you can turn the trunion around for your intended purpose.

They may make something that can carry the load you require.

www.robart.com
Old 12-25-2008, 03:15 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: marc s

Looking for a retract company who might make a set of retract units for a 20-25kg model that work so the air cylinder is 180 degrees to the gear leg when in the retracted phase and 90 degrees to the cylinder when extended.

Any know of units which fit this bill, something in the Behotec C50 or C60 type range as a guide.

Cheers

marcs

is this for the pilatus?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50120.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1096228  
Old 12-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Henk Visser

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: ianober

I've been trying to get ahold of Sierra for a couple months now, how do you actually get a response!!??? They won't return phone calls or emails!

Yes you are right Sierra precision doesen't want to sell anything Same experience over here!
I'am trying to get a Vampire gear for the Kerry Sterner 1/5 it is one of a nightmare.......

Regards, Henk

P.S. Happy Holiday's to everybody!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark,

You may also try the JMP MK-20 or better yet, the MK-30 retracts from Jet Model Products. Like Tom's kit's, his retracts are of the finest quality you will find anywhere...very robust also!

http://www.jetmodelproducts.com/landing.htm
Old 12-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Ron Stahl

Good luck getting Sierra precision to either answer the phone or email. We tried for weeks to get a second stock item ordered from them with no responce; Robart made us a custom nose gear to fit their mounts since they don't make stock fixed nose gears that big.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:44 AM
BigRetracts
My Feedback: (1)

We are sorry that we could not get to all of our previous or potential new customers.
Sierra Giant Scale experienced a 50% growth over last year with some major manufacturers
and distributors using and selling our products. It is hard to manage company growth and still
maintain Quality, Delivery, and Price. No Current Retract Manufacturer can attempt to keep up with the ever
changing needs of the hobby industry and still make a profit. We sometimes experience peak order times
and have to work though them before we can take on any more. With the current slow down in sales
of Smaller ARF's, the focus has been put on some of the manufacturers of Larger Planes, putting aside some of the
Custom Orders, or for Retracts for Discontinued ARF's that they bought 3 years ago.

We look towards the new year with the same goal of producing the Finest Quality, Most Scale Products
that we can for a fair price.

If their is something that you need that we produce or would like a quote on a custom item, please e-mail
or call us and we will get back to you.

Regards,
Darrell Tenny
Sierra Giant Scale
Old 12-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Henk Visser

ORIGINAL: BigRetracts

If their is something that you need that we produce or would like a quote on a custom item, please e-mail
or call us and we will get back to you.

Don't make me laugh! Please e-mail LOL [:@]

Do you know how to e-mail? You are ignoring customers! [:@]
Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Ron Stahl

Darrell, just a note publicly from one of those people you didn't or couldn't get to this past year. An single unanswerd phone call for an order or a missed email can happen; but when I have a person calling and emailling you everyday for two weeks just to see if we can buy something is called ignoring your customers current and future and I know that I am not the only person this happened to. One of your competitors from just a phone conversation designed and built me three custom nose gear struts to fit the pivot for a fixed nose gear I had bought from you previouslly and I had one of my guys fabricate us two additional mounts for those nose gears in two weeks since we couldn't even get you or anyone else on the phone or to returm an email in three weeks prior to let us know if you could supplly us with hardware. From my experience with your company you have lost any and all future possible sales to me and my company.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:41 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Henk, Ron, have you guys tried Dreamworks offerings? If there is something maybe I can help you guys out with, let me know.

What I can tell you having been doing some odd jobs for a few guys on here over the past few months, this machining stuff is HARD HARD WORK. I have been a jet customer for 7 years, so I know what our expectations are when we buy something. In order to meet those expectations, I have been working 18 hour days for $5.00 an hour or less trying to get better at this new hobby of mine. I can only imagine what someone goes through trying to make a living running machines. Thankfully, my day job allows me the time to jump into this endeavor. At the end of my days, I have nothing but the utmost respect for guys like Daryl, and my mentor Tim Baker.

For what it's worth from a guy who's been there and has orders from two months ago that still aren't done to my satisfaction. There is no sense in sending something out that is not as perfect as it can possibly be. At least least in my opinion.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Ron Stahl

Sean, I appreciate your hard work and have seen what you and other can do. Darrell is just making excuses to try and save face; As a over 40 year modeler have seen and heard all of the excuses; most of them pure BS. You are either in business or not and I aggree that growth is tough; However I ran a hobby shop for over 13 years; and the number one thing we had as a rule " Answer the phone". If you are making stuff part time after your real job then say so and don't make yourself out as a full service shop. It could be that Darrel is just one of many people that run a business part time in the evening or he has taken on more than he can chew, I belive it is the evening business thing because a real business would have someone to at least answer the phone and emails.