Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Air World???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Air World???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
motstud74
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air World???

Need to get in touch with airworld. I have called them and emailed them. Left a message and the email address that they provide bounces back as not valid. Does anyone know whats going on with them? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Air World???

They are only there part-time nowadays, so it may be hit or miss if you catch them. I have not tried e-mail, but I think Fridays may be the day to catch them in the office if they are not at a jet event. I think Speedworld is this weekend, so I doubt anyone will be in.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

The whole team is at Speedworld this weekend and will be back in the office on Monday. Try calling Jason Somes at 818-994-4074 on Monday and if he is not in ask for Jeff.

Sung
Old 02-07-2009, 01:56 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

I didn't have any luck with either AW or AW-USA.
I tried getting info on ordering a Lightning. AW-USA wasn't interested, said I should contact AW direct. Tried 3-4 times, finally gave up.
I even tried a shop in England, figuring they might help, but they didn't want to get involved, shipping a box that big to the US wasn't worth it.
Oh well, I hope there's going to be a build thread just to see what it's like to build.
I bought a MIBO A-10 instead, so maybe after I finish it I'll try again for the Lightning.
BRG,
Jon
Old 02-07-2009, 03:48 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yep...airworld customer service stinks..... [:@]
Old 02-07-2009, 07:23 PM
motstud74
My Feedback: (14)

Does anyone have a direct number for Jason or an email address for him??
Old 02-08-2009, 03:29 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sung, I tried several times to call and even spoke with Jeff on a couple of occasions, but because I was calling for an AW product, he deferred to Jason who wasn't there. I still need a spinner for the Turbo Raven; so if you can help or set one aside, I'd appreciate it.

I'm in Iraq right now, but still would like to get it shipped to the house if I can. Let me know.

George
Old 02-08-2009, 05:20 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got mine There are still some bits to come but what I have so far is very good. Planning to put two Merlins in mine, should be about adequate. Which shop in England did you try?
Regards,

John
Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Hi John,
I think it was Motors and Rotors, but I'm not sure. I checked Ali's site but he wasn't an AW distributor.
I didn't think it would be an issue dealing with AW. They made really nice models, and being top of the line, I figured their customer service wouldn't be an issue. Obviously I was wrong.
I e-mailed AW-USA numerous times about the Lightning and never recieved a reply. I called several times and finally got through to Jeff, who said I would have to talk to Jason. After several calls I finally talked to Jason who said he wasn't interested. At least I have to give Jason credit for being honest and telling me he wasn't interested instead of stringing me along for months.
I know if I called BV to order one of his planes none of the above would have happened.
When I ordered the A-10, I e-mailed Roger (Jet Adic) and the e-mails were immediately returned. When I finally ordered it there were no problems, the whole process went without a hitch. I'm sure MIBO sells a lot fewer kits than AW, and why AW can't get their act together is beyond me.
These are all top of the line models and I expect some kind of customer service. If BVM and MIBO can do it, what's AW's problem.
Glad you got your Lightning and like the kit. Maybe I'll try again next year and see what happens.
BRG,
Jon
Old 02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that you have had problems with AW. There has certainly been a delay in this model appearing, particularly with the U/C system. As I mentioned, not all the parts have arrived yet.
So yes, if you leave it a while perhaps these issues will be sorted out.
Regards,

John
Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
jonathang

hi all i am also sorry to hear you are having problems with air world i am just finishing off one of there f9f cougars there was bits missing the kit came from dave at motors and rotors but every problem he sorted within a week and the bits were sent to me if i was to buy another aw kit it would be from him why dont you sent him a email he might be able to sort it for you i just wish i had not sold this one but you cannot have them all hope this helps regards jonathan