Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WACO WEEKEND-CANCELLED

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

WACO WEEKEND-CANCELLED

Old 02-28-2009, 03:50 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WACO WEEKEND-CANCELLED

There is a Waco weekend planned for the weekend of March 14th. Come as early as you like. Some of the Houston fliers got this going and plan on being there Thursday evening. This is in lieu of going to Florida Jets. It is not limited to jets, bring anything you have to fly, even paper planes if you so desire. Also, "FOAMIES ARE WELCOME". I'll be there Friday morning and plan to stay at the Travelodge on 84. I know a couple of guys already have reservations. Talked of Larry (club prez) and nothing is going on that weekend.
One other note, this is the weekend AFTER the time change so we can come early and fly late.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
bcovish

Default RE: WACO WEEKEND

If anyone has any questions about this happening, please call me 512-680-2509. Will watch the weather as time gets closer and will post if anythings changes.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome, just in time to test fly my L-39
Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

I am sure I will be there. [8D]
Old 03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ron, glad to hear you will be there. i was going to pm you to see if you could make it. my friend is going to bring his a10 and we were hoping you could sign it off. thx, barry
Old 03-01-2009, 02:45 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Shok

Wish I had my 1/5.5 L-39. I paid for it Dec 1st and they said it takes 6-7 weeks delivery. Then I emailed them the end of January and they said they will be closed from Feb 2-18 for the Chinese New Year and after they get back they would start on my model! 2 months AFTER I paid for it. Told them I would really like to have it by March and they said that should be no problem. I'm reallly starting to get irritated.

I'll be there with my Baby boomerang.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:00 PM
DCM
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: ama234

Wish I had my 1/5.5 L-39. I paid for it Dec 1st and they said it takes 6-7 weeks delivery. Then I emailed them the end of January and they said they will be closed from Feb 2-18 for the Chinese New Year and after they get back they would start on my model! 2 months AFTER I paid for it. Told them I would really like to have it by March and they said that should be no problem. I'm reallly starting to get irritated.

Best answer...........I'll be there with my Baby boomerang.

The other is...........

David

Old 03-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Ron S

Thanks for the heads up, Barry. [8D]
Old 03-02-2009, 01:45 AM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: DCM

The other is...........

David

Fine.

How's this?
I'll be there with my Baby boomerang and all its mightyness of supreme and awesome might. For the entire day of Saturday, the Baby Boomerang will be soaring through the Waco skies back and forth, up and down the flightline just as the nobel Boomerang's name implies. You send it in one direction and it comes back to its master. But not so much as a master/slave relationship; it is more of a mutual loving relaitonship between ice skaters. It will be performing jaw-dropping loops and rolls of such elegant grace and beauty. Low fly-bys for beautiful photo opportunities of which I will gladly autograph after each flight. The Baby Boomerang's name alone commands respect umong the most elitest of the elite and those who are without one are simply, well...without one. YOU don't pick the Boomerang, it picks YOU. You have to be one with the Boomerang and enter a state of Zen when you start the take off roll. Only those who possess this level of intimacy with their Boomerang will know what I am talking about. To be able to dance in the skies with it like a graceful swan and then tear up the skies like a tiger on the prowl is a byproduct of the aircraft/owner relationship that few possess or could ever hope to achieve.

p.s. my L-39 will show up some day too.

Les

Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 AM
bcovish

Damn Les, care to share whatcha been smokin'[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM
viper48

Bob-O I plan on coming down on Friday around noon, staying the whole weekend.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 AM
DCM
My Feedback: (15)

ORIGINAL: DCM

The other is...........

David

Fine.

How's this?
I'll be there with my Baby boomerang and all its mightyness of supreme and awesome might. For the entire day of Saturday, the Baby Boomerang will be soaring through the Waco skies back and forth, up and down the flightline just as the nobel Boomerang's name implies. You send it in one direction and it comes back to its master. But not so much as a master/slave relationship; it is more of a mutual loving relaitonship between ice skaters. It will be performing jaw-dropping loops and rolls of such elegant grace and beauty. Low fly-bys for beautiful photo opportunities of which I will gladly autograph after each flight. The Baby Boomerang's name alone commands respect umong the most elitest of the elite and those who are without one are simply, well...without one. YOU don't pick the Boomerang, it picks YOU. You have to be one with the Boomerang and enter a state of Zen when you start the take off roll. Only those who possess this level of intimacy with their Boomerang will know what I am talking about. To be able to dance in the skies with it like a graceful swan and then tear up the skies like a tiger on the prowl is a byproduct of the aircraft/owner relationship that few possess or could ever hope to achieve.

p.s. my L-39 will show up some day too.

Les

Better like this.........

Fine. How's dis? I'll be dere wid mah' Baby boomerang and all its mightyness uh supreme and happenin' might. Man! Fo' de entire day uh Saturday, de Baby Boomerang gots'ta be so'in' drough de Waco skies back and fo'd, down and waaay down de flightline plum as de nobel Boomerang's dojigger implies. You's drow it in one direcshun and it comes back t'its master. Ah be baaad... But not so's much as some master/slave relashunship; it be mo'e uh a mutual lovin' relaitonship between ice skaters. It gots'ta be puh'fo'min' jaw-droppin' loops and rolls uh such elegant grace and beauty. Slap mah fro! Low fly-bys fo' fine photo oppo'tunities uh which ah' gots'ta gladly autograph afta' each flight. Man! De Baby Boomerang's dojigger alone commands respect umong de most elitest uh de elite and dose who is widout one is simply, well...widout one. YOU duzn't pick de Boomerang, it picks YOU. You's gots'ta be one wid de Boomerang and enta' a state uh Zen when ya' start da damn snatch off roll. Only dose who possess dis level uh intimacy wid deir Boomerang gots'ta know whut ah' am rappin' about. Man! To be able t'boogie in de skies wid it likes some graceful swan and den tear down de skies likes some tiga' on de prowl be a byproduct uh de aircraft/owna' relashunship dat few possess o' could eva' hope t'achieve.

p. Jes hang loose, brud.s. mah' L-39 gots'ta show down some day too. 'S coo', bro.

David Hudson

Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Ron S

Another reason to go - Saturday (March 14) is Pi Day.
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Shok

mmmmmm Pi
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Shok

Oh yeah, got this new little thing we are bringing along to get more flights on.

JetMach Sport - E

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95094.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1148529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82734.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1148530  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Ron S

Hey, thats a neat looking little airplane. [8D] Does it use retracts? Or, can it?? [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
That might make me consider building an electric model.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Shok

Yep it takes retracts, although since this was just the flying prototype, it doesn't have them, but the next will.

Very lite!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM
viper48

Bob did you here from Gus or Vernon about coming over?????
Old 03-02-2009, 01:46 PM
bcovish

John
Talked to Gus, he is coming. Buck is going to give him lessons on how to land a A4 without ripping out the gear. Gus is getting tired of replacing or repairing them.
Going to call Vernon this evening.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: Ron S

Another reason to go - Saturday (March 14) is Pi Day.
I'll bring some apple pies.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:11 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

ORIGINAL: bcovish

LOL
Old 03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Les where you going through my toolbox again yesterday?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 PM
viper48

The question is, WHO is going to show Buck how to, the last time I saw him fly th A4 he spent most of the time working on the gear himself at the Greater Southwest.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Bandito
My Feedback: (5)

[8D] Bob, don't foget the chopper. Jay will set it up for you...Also, you might want to get your hands on a STRICKER. There will be several of us flying them @ night.Later.. Ray
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
gushudson

Bob,

I'm bringing a couple of extra sets of gear for the A-4. Let's see, three flights and three sets of gear. That ought to work. See ya there.

gus

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.