Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: rcjetsdirect A10

Woodmaster, the planes are available through RC Jet's direct. We are working on a dealer package, but don't have anything yet. We are trying to get all the retail orders filled first. I will give you a call and see what we can do to get you on the list.

Thanks,

Lowell

Lowell Wexler
    RC Jets Direct, Global Jet Club, Kingtec turbines, Jet Cat

Dont mind me, i am just tying this picture thing again.

chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zw69372.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	1211657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xu62545.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	1211658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74158.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	1211659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om33139.jpg 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	1211660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47858.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	1211661  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd90597.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	1211662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61433.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	1211663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz76971.jpg 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	1211664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gd93925.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	1211665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79065.jpg 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	1211666  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt58413.jpg 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	1211667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca82803.jpg 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	1211668  
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris, that looks brilliant; especially with all the little details you have added.

Will it come with any hardware/servo covers?

Could you tell me what servos were used in the prototypes and what size the servo openings are (particularly the depth)?

Thanks
    www.ukjetshop.com
    UK Dealer for Bavarian Demon and Emcotec. Reseller of Ashlock connectors,

Hey Sic
    I am not sure yet what John and Lowell will be including as far as hardware goes. I do have servo covers. The servos on the main wing are standard size high torque and will mount to the covers. We used some cost effective hi tec servos for flaps and ailerons. The rudders were futaba mini high torque and we switched the elevators to jr metal gear. I dont have all the part #'s off hand but i will try and remember when i get back to my shop and get back with you on that. There is also a plate that the rudder servo bolts to and this servo has a special side mount that comes with it. I will try and get some more pics up soon of the rest of the parts.

chris
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lowell,
    I ordered one of the kits about a month ago. Do you have an idea what the wait time is like on the kits coming in?

Chris,
    The pictures of the kit and the quality looks awsome! I have one of the smaller EJF A-10 kits with twin 70 mm fans that I bought online. The kit's quality does not look as good as yours. 

Paul

Hello Paul
    Thanks for the compliments. I try my best to produce high quality parts. Sorry for any delays on the kits. There are close to 50 molds just for the airframe on this plane and it becomes very time consuming to produce these kits. I could have went with foam core sheeted wings and build up engine nacelles like the superior composites A10, but I know not many people like to invest the time in a build like this anymore. I could output about one of these kits in about one to two days. Not putting Superior Composites down. They may have a fine build. I just have not seen enough info and pics of their final result. The foam core wing i built for this plane had taken me 3 weeks to build with flaps. I have experience and equipment to do this. For other builders it may take longer. Knowing how impatient people are to get in the air nowadays, i decided to go with a molded wing. A little more time consuming for me, but on average, you could have a finished, flying plane, in about two weeks. Until the ARF's start coming in from China, I apologize for any delays for the people on the list who are waiting fo their kit. Thanks for the support.

thanks
    chris
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Like the sign in the office says....you can have quanity or quality, which one do you prefer???

I really like the molded compsoite wing, I am willing to wait on it.  I think in the long run these make a lighter, better looking model.  Nothing wrong with foam, but it sure is easier to work with the fully molded wing.
    Tommy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul, As Chris said, it's taking a bit longer to produce each kit. We are waiting for delivery of 3 more kits and as I contact the people to get them, some may push back or even fall out. I will be able to let you know as we start getting them out.

Sic has the first one going out to him as soon as the boxes come in. He has been patient!!! Again, as Chris said, we are sorry for the delay but they are beautiful and we are sure you will be happy with them.

Thanks again,

Lowell

Lowell Wexler

Thanks Tommy
    I vacuum bag almost all the parts on the warthog. The wings, definately. With the core materials and carbon fiber, these wings have been coming in at about 1.2 pounds on average without control surfaces. Quite a bit of weight savings over the foam wing that i had done. Under vacuum ,these parts also come out stronger than an open mold layup or the sheeted foam wings.

chris
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris,
    Thanks. I understand and I am learning a quite a bit from your build process over the past two years. I have read just about all of the post concerning your A 10. Quality products are not rushed or hap-hazardly put together and I appreciate that! I am patiently waiting and continue learning about the process along the way. I wish nothing but great success on this project!

Lowell,
    My ears are on and waiting if there is a push back from one of the valued customers in front of me in the line. Thanks for everything and by the way, I am following your F14 build as well.

Regards,
    Paul

Align Trex 250, 450, 500, 600, 700 helis; HET F-18, EJF A-10, Sapac T-45 V2, Hobby Lobby F-5
    "Good Better Best;
    Never let it rest;
    Until the Good is Better;
    And the Better is Best"

Hey Alex
    Did you ever get that reply i had sent you about the 1/7 scale A10? I had replied to a few other pm's that others had sent me, but respondedthrough my email and i guess they never recieved them. I have inquired about outsourcing some of the plugs this time around to make it faster. Dont have a clear outcome on the project yet but i will keep you posted.

chris
    ORIGINAL: avicom

ORIGINAL: siclick33

For anyone looking to build something a bit smaller
    That looks bigger thanthe RCJets Direct A-10 to me. Iwould be interested to see more info, but in its own thread.
    Siclick is right. Please play clean and make your own thread. Don't hijack this one. At least there are a lot of people waiting for a 100" span A-10 out there. Not every body can afford a Mibo beast. Including me. I saw your ad and there is no rating and no info from you. With all your respect, there is every day a new way of spam or scam whatever it's call in the web now. I hope you understand what I'm tyring to say.

Alex
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any more progress reports?

Did the single turbine version ever fly?

www.ukjetshop.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris, you got PM!

Alex
    Team Jet Central

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Beautiful looking kit. Simply stunning!

What is the weight of the kit airframe?

Thanks David
    The airframe alone is right around 11 pounds.

thanks
    chris
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

Hey Sic

Ailerons and flaps x6 - Hitec HS-5645MG digital ultra torque

Elevators x2 - JR DS3421 premium Ultra torque mini (we are using these on the D-day A10)

Rudders x2 - Hitec HS-82MG micro (these are the newer version hitec came out with to replace the older version servos that we put in the prototype. I am not sure if they still sell the ones we had in the prototype. The new onesare the same size but i dont think they come with the side mount which you will need. The old ones came with this mount. You may have to talk to john about the mount.)

Steering and air valve- I cannot remember what we used. You will need to talk to John or Lowell about these.

chris
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

It's been quite a while since I checked in on this thread. Chris, give yourself  pat on the back Bud.....you deserve it!!! Very nice Hog!!
    Dean,
    A10FLYR

Thanks Dean

All I can say is, too much work. And I think you know what i mean.

I was Just thinking about you the other day when i was checking out stig's thread on your A10. I remember a video i watched awhile back with two of your A10's and i believe you were flying one of them. What fans were you using? And what weight did the A10's come in at?

thanks much
    chris
    WWW.CGRCJets.com

He he...I know EXACTLY what you mean!

I had OS .91s and Dynamax fans in both of them. weight was close to 50 pounds wet! One even flew at 64 pounds. Look at one of Bogo's latest version. He has done a very good job of engineering the lay-up process to lighten it up and maintain strength....proper materials in proper places. One of my Buds has one and is going to put two 200's in it! Amazing, as mine could maintin altitude with ONE Dynamax!
    Dean,
    A10FLYR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My kit still hasn't been shipped despite being told it was ready over a month ago.

Apparantly the delay has been caused by not having a box big enough and having to get shipping quotes but I can't understand why this would take almost 5 weeks.[&o]

If the model didn't look so good and/or there were alternatives I would probably have given up on this by now. Unfortunately all I can do is wait and hope.
    www.ukjetshop.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sic I know how you feel. Had similar situation with others projects. We get ancious waiting for that new toy to arrive. Just try to be a bit patient, take few beers or better yet few wine cups. At the end you will get your baby 10 in your front door. My .02 cents.

Alex
    Team Jet Central

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Alex...unfortunately it does take time to get the kits done, send them over to have custom shipping and packaging boxes completed and then try to arrange shipping overseas that isn't an arm and a leg!

Sic, as I said just a week ago, we just got the boxes done and yours packed in it. The shipping is definately a problem as it is an "over sized" box. We are desperately trying to save you from paying a large amount on the shipping and it is taking more time than it should for us!! IF you don't care about the cost I can get it done from any one that will take it, but we don't work that way. We are trying to save you every way we can.
    Again, we have not asked nor recieved ANY money from you and will not until we have everything ready for you. I appologise for the delay, but we are on it for you.

Lowell
    Lowell Wexler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

incidently, while i was in San Diego for a brief visit, I was able to get a look at the kit and have to say the quality of the glass work is very impressive. additionally, i saw the assortment of boxes John was working with to get her shipped out. Equally impressive and thoughtful arrangement of kit parts to optimize space.

I think a pair of wren 44s or kolibri's would be perfect for this jet (JMO, i have not seen it perform outside of flying videos)

good luck with her amigo
    Don't be in a hurry to crash your plane son.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Buck...We really appreciate it! Look forward to seeing you out here at the shows.

Wex
    Lowell Wexler

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After 2 months of waiting for my shipping quote I finally found out today.

Shipping to the UK would cost $975 or $675 if the fuselage was cut in half[X(] As a result I have had to cancel my kit order; I don't mind paying expensive shipping costs but that is over the top.

To say I am disappointed would be an understatement as I was really looking forward to this model[&o] At least now I can start looking elsewhere for a home for my MW44s.
    www.ukjetshop.com

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast