Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

12X RTRM question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

12X RTRM question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 12X RTRM question

OK, so I can't find it in the manual, the applications guide, or here on RCU using a search, so I'll ask here.

I'm programming a 12X and I have the nose wheel steering on Aux 7. Its mixed with rudder using a Pmix. Now I want to use the right hand eyebrow trimmer to trim the nose wheel steering (Aux 7). How do I do that?

I setup a second Pmix from RTRM-> Aux7, but no matter what values I put into the mix, moving the right eyebrow switch doesn't move the nose wheel steering. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Bob
Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 12X RTRM question

Bob,

I did the same thing only used the left trimmer for one of my planes, I don't have the radio in front of me right now but I think I did a mix rudder to aux whatever, then assigned that switch to the aux whatever channel. I will be in my shop tomorrow and will look for sure at what I did.

DR
Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you tried it with rudder set to dual in wing type, then use the mix for trim?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 PM
LenAlessi
My Feedback: (1)

It's pretty easy... Go into Device Select and change the control of Aux7 from AUX7 KB to the Right Trimmer by scrolling until the Right Trimmer is displayed. Now you can move the steering with the trimmer and a progrm mix of Rudder to Aux 7 will drive the steering with the rudder.

Len
Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 AM
rhklenke

Len,

I tried that and when I move the right trimmer, the steering moves, but then when I release the right trimmer it moves back... How do I set it up so that the right trimmer actually *trims* the nose steering?

Bob
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
joeraf
My Feedback: (6)

If you have the 12x with updated software you may have the momentary function activated. In Sys, go to code 83 and make sure the window under momentary is off for the trimmer that you are using.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:36 PM
rhklenke

Joe,

I do have the updated firmware and I had done that, but in code 83, I thought that the "Aux Trim" "Moment" setting to OFF did both trim levers - and I wasn't sure that the "Flap Trim" setting was. However, when I set the "Flap Trim" "Moment" to OFF, *that* did it for the RTRM. I guess that's probably buried in the manual somewhere, but darned if I saw it... [&:]

Thanks guys! As always, the guys on here are a fantastic source of knowledge!

Bob
Old 03-14-2009, 01:20 PM
joeraf
My Feedback: (6)

You couldn't find it because the updated software is described in an addendum that is not included in the original manual. Sorry Bob. You can see it here.

http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...l_Addendum.pdf

BTW for anyone who needs them, JR has compiled manuals and parts explosions for equipment here.

http://www.jrradios.com/Support/manuals.aspx

Old 03-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Extractor

do all the 12X's have this upgrade....I have two ...one 12x being one of the first batch sent out ....how do I determine if this one is capable of the trim momentary functions or is this something that was just not included or written up in the manual to begin with..

Steve
Old 03-16-2009, 09:34 AM
rhklenke

Steve,

Look in the manual addendum that Joe posted above. If you go to screen 83 and you see a column for the trimmers labeled "moment" then you have the new firmware that allows the trimmers to be setup as momentary switches (see the picture of screen 83 in the manual addendum).

Bob