Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I have problems with my Air Power EVSD-5U-PRO-ST

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

I have problems with my Air Power EVSD-5U-PRO-ST

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
davo580

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I have problems with my Air Power EVSD-5U-PRO-ST

i had one had nothing but trouble with it from the start. everything done by the manual. lg would not lock .turn on tx and rx the lg would retract. taking off lg would retract damaging plane and would do same when landing. for $650.00 aussie moning very exspensive bin money. gone back to the old and trust worthy manual valves. i will not use them again
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
deanvos2006
My Feedback: (1)

Hello Jan,

i think there are more with problems!!!

when i program mine to mode 2 it will work! but if i put the power off then its in mode 4 or in mode 3...!!! (and its brand New)

are more people have the same problem??

also regard from The Netherlands (Holland)

Erik Vos
Old 08-08-2011, 11:39 AM
deanvos2006
My Feedback: (1)

perhaps i did something wrong!!! [sm=red_smile.gif]it works now perfect...!!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 PM
top1

To revive an old thread. I have now gone through two of these units and will be going for a third under warranty. Both previous units have failed in a similar fashion. The pressure sensors failed and just read 0. This means that the failsafe kicks in and the unit is useless thereafter. Using water traps on both inputs and supplying regulated 5v from powerbox. This is a really neat unit but its reliability is very questionable. Fortunately Todd at dreamworks had supported me 100% through this. But there is only so much frustration that I can put up with.
I suggest that, accepting that the sensors are unreliable, the unit should allow the user to completely turn off failsafe so that it is still usable even with failed pressure sensors. At the moment once the pressure sensor fails the whole thing is only good for a boat anchor.
Looking forward to receiving my third replacement unit.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:53 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

We have been well aware of the frustration involved with pressure sensor failures. There is no denying sensor failures have been a hit or miss problem since we released the valves to the market; we have been through three different manufacturers of this sensor and although reliability did improve, failures are just not acceptable! We have now sourced a high end sensor which has proven to be far more durable/reliable. We have also changed the CPU to a higher quality unit and have updated the software and added a feature which allows the failsafe to be manually turned off. I have a new samples on the way for testing, new production units will be shipping as soon as I approve the updates.
Todd
Old 10-21-2011, 05:19 PM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

omg i have the same problem with ev5 , i return 2 of them and they replace and still with the same problem leaking air , and i say myself i will be back to the old school , manual valve (robart ) and servo with mini hobby secuencer valve to operate retract and door , BINGO , VERY HAPPY NO LEAK, now i have 125 psi for 5 days straight . BINGO , BINGO
Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 AM
skaap2k

Hi All,

I have similar issues with my EVSD-5U-PRO, list of issues below. My model is powered by a Powerbox Cockpit system @ 6V, running with a FASST system.

* After powering on the unit, sometimes it can be in the wrong mode, I use it in Mode 2, and occasionally it starts up in Mode 3.
* The brake valve only works intermittently, I've adjusted the EPA on my radio to 140-140 (Futaba 12FG) with no luck.

I've always used a water trap while filling, and never filled above 110PSI.

I've had other leak issues, but found them to be in other areas, so not really worried about that as it's a issue I can fix.
So far I can not find any consistency or trend as to when the system changes mode by itself, or when the brake valve does / does not work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Power Aviation
My Feedback: (12)

Todd,

This is Leonardo from Brazil, I am having a problem with the valve trying to fill the gear/door tank, is releases almost all the air by the relief port not letting the pressure go above 45psi usually, depends on the power of the air pump. If the RX has no power it will fill fine, but one I turn it on it releases all the air. With the gear up I can fill it, once its down it goes again. The problem is intermittent, some times we turn the RX (also turning the EVU valve one consequently) and it all works fine, 10% of the time.

I am not very familiar with this valve and I guess that is the problem and not the valve itself!!!

Let me know if you have any thoughts!

Best regands and say hello to Linda for me please!

Leo