Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ALI IN CALI PHOTOS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ALI IN CALI PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: ALI IN CALI PHOTOS

Hey Nick
Great to meet you also. Two big files on the way to you now!
Vince
No problem at all. You flew great ( especially when you were watching the correct model ) Pointers are always welcome and accepted!
Jeff.
No blaming the wind for that one my friend ( I wish I could ) Poor piloting on my behalf is all that covers it really [:'(] All worked for the best in the end. Who knows what would have happened if Rons thumb accidentally slipped and put some rudder input into one of his flights

Regards Al
Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ali, great to finally meet you, sorry you did not get to wring out the reaction, hopefully it will fly again in a few weeks with some new wings. my daughter loved meeting you and Alan. see is very interested in furthering here flying skills now more than ever.

Kevin
Old 04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: Ali

Hey Nick
Great to meet you also. Two big files on the way to you now!
Vince
No problem at all. You flew great ( especially when you were watching the correct model ) Pointers are always welcome and accepted!
Jeff.
No blaming the wind for that one my friend ( I wish I could ) Poor piloting on my behalf is all that covers it really [:'(] All worked for the best in the end. Who knows what would have happened if Rons thumb accidentally slipped and put some rudder input into one of his flights

Regards Al
Rudder!!!!! who needs the darn rudder, Tack some CA on it and lets go fly. See what happens when you use that darn rudder! bad things can happen Ali was great hangin with you over the weekend. I think I am still hung over from the Saturday night festivities. Thanks for the deal on the Mig, I am sure Uncle Joe Will Post some pics of her flying here at our local field. Ali hope you make it back out this way some time soon.

Ronald R Long
Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Ali

Too funny Ron! But how true...
Yep Saturday night worked out to be pretty mad hey? Smokin Joe had the right idea by launching his shots over his shoulder.... not sure it was so wise to time it just as the 8 foot biker style doorman was walking past though [X(]
Still with a smile like his he didnt have any trouble talking his way out of that tight spot!
Great meeting you Ron. I had a great time hanging with you, and the Mig deal was the least I could do. I hope it gives you as much fun as it has me? Remember if you need any help with it just shout!
Regards Al

Nick.. Say hi to your daughter for me. She was a real character, and tell her thanks for the Gong from Al!
Old 04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Ali,
Glad you came out to the event, it was fun having you here, thanks for the help with the Viper, have a safe trip home.
Joe C!!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Ali

Pleasure was mine Joe. See you soon.
Chris Luvara took Pual Reese up in his Citabria so he could get some aerial shots of the event. This also signaled the start on the noon time demos. Arguably them most impressive of these was Alan Szabo flying his T rex 700. It was a joy to watch him demo and a pleasure to meet him afterwards.
Jr Sponsored Pilot Reza Gholamipour also put in a spirited display of 3d fixed wing flying with his QQ Pits python. It was a first for me to fly at an event with someone who was born where I was, so at Cali Jets when I was with three of them and one was one of the noon time line up it was in a way a proud moment.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94182.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1174561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21447.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1174562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45061.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1174563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz72913.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1174564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13790.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1174565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38660.jpg
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1174566  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Ali,

Thank you for your kind comments. Pleasure was all mine, trust me!
It was an honor for me to be part of the line up when pilots such as yourself and Alan and many more are there. Can you say pressure LOL

Can't wait to see you soon again
Reza
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ali,

It certainly was a pleasure to meet you, fly with you, dine and share a little vino! I was afraid to have you fly the A-7...........My rudder might be apple cockle as well!.............I mean don't you folks drive on the wrong side of the road?

Be sure to put our rally in October on your schedule.........

Fly safe,

John
Old 04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Ali

Made even better for me when Jason Safabash let me fly his Iranian camo Skymaster F4. I have been dying to put the Iranian colours on a model for ages now, and after this flight I think it will be sooner rather than later. Thanks Jason!

Name:	Om31871.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	1174578  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Ali

An improvised panoramic shot of the field on saturday morning, when Chris and I were up the crane dealing with vertigo issues...

Name:	Nl28861.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1174583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74911.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1174584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68565.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1174585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv62285.jpg
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	1174586  
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Ali, thanks for the great shots and a great time (Also the kind words about the A-10). Yours will be on the way as soon as I get them in.
It was really nice meeting you and hangin' out. Can't wait to do it again...here OR there!
Lowell
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Joe McBride
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep Saturday night worked out to be pretty mad hey? Smokin Joe had the right idea by launching his shots over his shoulder.... not sure it was so wise to time it just as the 8 foot biker style doorman was walking past though [X(]
Still with a smile like his he didnt have any trouble talking his way out of that tight spot!
I had checked my six before "disposing" of the shot that Ron was forcing on me...unfortunately by the time I "threw" it that big dude had walked into harm's way! I thought I was in deep trouble, but he looked back at me and said: "next time just tell me and I'll open my mouth!"

Great times fellas and good to hang out with the prince!

Joe
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Now that is funny! True alcohol abuse. By the way I am still hung over.[:-]

Ron
Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 AM
F4dar
My Feedback: (55)

Made even better for me when Jason Safabash let me fly his Iranian camo Skymaster F4. I have been dying to put the Iranian colours on a model for ages now, and after this flight I think it will be sooner rather than later. Thanks Jason!
Ali,
Just got back in town and saw the awsome post and the photo. It was great to meet you in person. You have been an inspiration to me. You rank among the top notch in this hobby not just great pilot but also a caring person who helps others. Just one example was when you took the lead and Fixed Rons F16 right after the mishap on landing. That was just one example of your comradry at CA Jets, there were many others. In case I can be of any help in regards to the IRIAF Camo scheme, please email or pm me.
Looking forward to seeing you in CALI again soon.
email me anytime at [email protected]

Keep in touch,

Jason
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

you get home alright bro? Have not seen any more pictures since I dropped you off at the Hotel Sunday night...for all I know you are still in town sleeping in your room and detoxing from the "Ron Long Saturday night buy everyone who's drank too much 5 more rounds of shots". Great having you out here, tell the family to start packing because y'all are moving on up like George and Weezy.
I'm not sure if you guy's get proper television over there with that metric electrical system you use, but its from a show back in the early 80's called the Jeffersons.
C'mon, I bet I can get Zavi to start calling you bro in like 2 days!
Miss you already,
DP
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 AM
thunderbolt-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Anybody know where to balance the large Phantasy in Blue F-84? How about where the neutral elevator should be?
Brian OMeara