Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

best 2nd jet to have

I have had a xl boomerang and i am after my 2nd jet i am thinking a skymasterviper jet or an L 39, i want good landing and smooth flying ,what do people out there think? , what is a good jet for me for my 2nd jet .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: best 2nd jet to have

Ian,

Welcome!

What engine do have/will be using or are you buying all new for this project?

Either of the two jets you mentioned would be great and would really come down to which you like best. If you want a Viper Jet, go with the larger model such as the Skymaster or Sky Gate. I personally had an Air World L-39 and it was an absolutely beautiful flying airplane, but I'm sure any of the 1/5 scale 39s available would be very similar flight characteristics.

Good luck with your new project.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a 120 and a 160 sx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool,

Then you have some choices. The 160 will work well in the AW L-39, but others will have to comment on the other aircraft such as SM L-39, JL L-39, FB L-39, FEJ L-39, SM Viper and SG Viper. Some may require less power, and some maybe more depending on who you ask.

R/
    George

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ian Cawthray

I have had a xl boomerang and i am after my 2nd jet i am thinking a skymasterviper jet or an L 39, i want good landing and smooth flying ,what do people out there think? , what is a good jet for me for my 2nd jet .
    Hi, Ian

the P-120 for SM L-39 and P-160SX for Viper Jet......both are best ARF PLUS PRO version for you,

welcome to contact our dealers AU or contact to my sales manager directly...

skymasterjets@263.net

Best regards

Anton
    owner - Skymaster Jet
    X-Treme Jets

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

I help, Anton mean

Could you wait a moment, please?

Take" New Sm large Hawk"!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry anton and guys i have typed that 1 st entry in abit wrong it should have read i have a skymaster jet L 39 that i have had finnished for about 6mths now whilst i have been flying a boomerang , i havent flown it because i have been holding on to get more experience on the sticks , i have sold the boomerang and i need to make a choice on what to fly , i have the L 39 ready to go but i was wondering if the viper would be a better flyer on what i have read here ? ( love the viper ) I probably need a bit of guidance as i am still new to jets and i want to make sure im not taking a plane of the shelf that is a beauty , when i may be getting into a plane that is not suitable for my 2nd plane to fly .. I think i am a reasonable flyer but still alot to learn but was just wanting everyones thoughts on the L 39 was good to keep learning on . Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

picture of my L 39 is actualy on antons skymaster site

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does it need to be scale? The Bandit ARF is a great flying piece of equipment, adn you only need like a P-60.
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

L-39 will be easy to fly. Get it airborne. Been flying a Savex L-39 for 4 years now. So smooth and predictable. You would enjoy the bigger one equally as much.
    None of these jets are difficult, its a mis-conception. Its just some people make it look terribly challenging

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the coment , you been flying jets long , where do you fly at

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Does it need to be scale? The Bandit ARF is a great flying piece of equipment, adn you only need like a P-60.

but if you don't have transportation and storage where you can keep it assembled all the time, i'd go with a Flash.
    Morgan Fuels / JetCat / KingTech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the coment , you been flying jets long , where do you fly at
    9 years now. Calvert in QLD. Flew up at Maryborough a couple of months ago for a flying day with couple of mates up there also, i see your in Bris?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

herveybay live , fly Maryborough

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a skymaster jet L 39 that i have had finnished for about 6mths now whilst i have been flying a boomerang , i havent flown it because i have been holding on to get more experience on the sticks , i have sold the boomerang and i need to make a choice on what to fly , i have the L 39 ready to go but i was wondering if the viper would be a better flyer on what i have read here ? ( love the viper ) I probably need a bit of guidance as i am still new to jets and i want to make sure im not taking a plane of the shelf that is a beauty , when i may be getting into a plane that is not suitable for my 2nd plane to fly .. I think i am a reasonable flyer but still alot to learn but was just wanting everyones thoughts on the L 39 was good to keep learning on
    Ian,

Sounds like a no-brainer to me. I don't have an L-39 but from what I've read it should be an excellent second jet. There's no reason to let yours just sit. I suggest you use the RCU search feature to see what others that own one have to say about the plane.

Good luck,
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

but if you don't have transportation and storage where you can keep it assembled all the time, i'd go with a Flash.
    You are, unfortunately, correct! [8D]
    Buying Jet Legend? Read here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372496/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

herveybay live , fly Maryborough
    I didnt meet you when i was up there?, woulda have been maybe end dec/jan. Met two blokes who had ASM Panthers. I took my Rookie 2 and Savex L-39. COming up again soon to see my racing mates so hopefully you'll be flying that lovely L-39 by then.
    CHeers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I currently own both models and have a fair amount of stick time on the viper and maybe 6 flights on L-39. I like both planes but as a second jet I would defiantly go with the Viper. In fact I would go with the Viper jet over most jets out there right now. I think its one of the if not the best product Skymaster have ever produced and flies out of this world. Its mainly because of its bigger size. A great layout and good design helps for sure. But the Viper jet is at that size where things just all work out for the best ( Wing loading, space inside to put the gear and fuel, capacity and wing to cary lots of fuel an a meaty U/c system etc etc) I am 100% sure that from a ashphalt runway the v jet would fly happily with a decent 120. Part of my demo routine with mine is to put the throttle stick at around 2/3rds with a 160 sx and then perform a complete turnaround schedule without ever touching the throttle. The model is so clean and efficient it really does not need the power. Having said that its always nice to have it.
    Whichever you go for I am sure you will be happy, but if it were me my Viper jet order would have been in with Anton as soon as possible.
    Regards Al
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ali

I currently own both models and have a fair amount of stick time on the viper and maybe 6 flights on L-39. I like both planes but as a second jet I would defiantly go with the Viper. In fact I would go with the Viper jet over most jets out there right now. I think its one of the if not the best product Skymaster have ever produced and flies out of this world. Its mainly because of its bigger size. A great layout and good design helps for sure. But the Viper jet is at that size where things just all work out for the best ( Wing loading, space inside to put the gear and fuel, capacity and wing to cary lots of fuel an a meaty U/c system etc etc) I am 100% sure that from a ashphalt runway the v jet would fly happily with a decent 120. Part of my demo routine with mine is to put the throttle stick at around 2/3rds with a 160 sx and then perform a complete turnaround schedule without ever touching the throttle. The model is so clean and efficient it really does not need the power. Having said that its always nice to have it.
    Whichever you go for I am sure you will be happy, but if it were me my Viper jet order would have been in with Anton as soon as possible.
    Regards Al
    Yes what he said I could have not said it better myself.

Ron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ali, if the Viper is one of your favorites (I have one on order) I am just curious which Skymaster jet (or other brand) is your second favorite.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

007.. where do we start.. I like all of them, and depending on the day, the field and what I am trying to do ( Demo fly, scale fly, High speed/ Slow speed etc etc) There are so many choices. I really loved my Airworld Cougar. That was about as good as it gets. Right size, look, detail, practicality, bullet proof construction and flew like a F3a plane while still looking classic jet.
    My first prototype Skymaster Hawk ( painted in the mould, very little detail and haggard in appearance ) Was also a memorable machine.
    I love my BVM Bobcats. Simple practical all field fun.
    Boomerang XL's have also given me allot of fun. The list continues..
    Regards Al
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech