Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet 1/7 F-15 - The Movie

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet 1/7 F-15 - The Movie

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly Eagle Jet 1/7 F-15 - The Movie

Well, it is finally posted. . .thanks to Scott at SKS Video, this video has been made possible. Note, at the point of filming, the landing gear was still an issue. This has since been solved with a totally re-engineered retract unit which functions well with just 70psi of pressure. Yes, they rotate when they go in the wells !

Enjoy, and remember, you can get your own copy of this as well as all of Florida Jets 09 from Scott at SKS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PT_kh3gTA

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Old 04-09-2009, 11:21 AM
MAX NITRO
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet 1/7 F-15 - The Movie

Awsome vid! I want the one with the thrust vectoring system. What Turbine was in it Eric? looked like a Rhino...
Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 AM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Well, it is finally posted. . .thanks to Scott at SKS Video, this video has been made possible. Note, at the point of filming, the landing gear was still an issue. This has since been solved with a totally re-engineered retract unit which functions well with just 70psi of pressure. Yes, they rotate when they go in the wells !

Enjoy, and remember, you can get your own copy of this as well as all of Florida Jets 09 from Scott at SKS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PT_kh3gTA

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Does this mean FEJ is going to ship new gear to those of us that have already bought the plane and received the first redesign??

I need working gear because the plane is actually going into the garage from the inside cause there is no way I can get even a partially assembled version out of the house.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Eric,
Great video and awesome plane. A very superior plane to the Fei Bao for sure. Cannot wait to get the new gear...I am sure James is happy to have this solved and he can move on to another project. Even with the gear down...this plane beats the other one hands down.

Rex
Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

According to an email received from James, 4/9/09, the new gear has been mailed via postal service and should take approximately 7 days to get to everyone. I am looking forward to getting my twin assembled and test flown.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

According to an email received from James, 4/9/09, the new gear has been mailed via postal service and should take approximately 7 days to get to everyone. I am looking forward to getting my twin assembled and test flown.
Now as long as the nitwit weatherman is wrong and we do not get snow tomorrow morning I might actually clean out one stall in garage, put some heaters and lights in there and put it together. Most of snow is gone but it has been a cold fall, winter, and spring up here.

I didn't get that email.

I have to say the Israeli Camo paint scheme looks spectacular.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:10 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually email James after reading a post from Blufox. He responded stating the gear had been mailed.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
BluFox

In response to the questions posted:

1. jf 170 Rhino was installed. Distance from nozzle to pipe entrance 1.5 inches. this really made this turbine come alive! Video shows flight passes in various stick positions.

2. The third set of main retracts received from FEJ are of a complete new design. Gone is the bellcrank assembly which I believe is/was the cause of the system not retracting fully during rotation.
To be clear, the second set of retracts had the same mechanics but larger cylinders. Also, the nose gear as designed has worked perfectly since flight 1. We now have a total of 9 flights on this jet.

3. I have been informed by James, all customers have been shipped the latest set of retracts. If you own this jet and are not the first owner, I suggest you contact the first owner to see if they have been received.

4. We moved the balance point from 190mm to 204mm. While not flown yet, this should eliminate the longer TO, allow a slower approach to landing and eliminate the use of down elevator input while inverted.

That's the latest. Winds here (90degree) X wind are keeping us grounded this weekend.

Regards,
Eric
Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

guys,

whats the recommended CG for the 1/7 FEJ F-15 ?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:32 AM
BluFox

t3dm:

The factory recommended setting of 195 is too nose heavy. This is where it was set in the video. Later flights finally placed the CG @ 235 which is about as perfect as it can be. At the 195 setting, it is easy to run out of elevator and as well, the approach speed is much higher.

All F-15's fly great. . .this is the case with this one as well. 235 is the correct CG. Now, if only we has a set of landing gear we could rely on ! Matrix is the answer.

Last, the supplied main tires and wheels are at best short lived. The tire will easily spin off the wheel. Just about everything one could think of to retain the air inflated tires was in vain. This has been the case with many FEJ F-15's. My friend Andy Kane installed a pair of BVM Rafale tires, wheels and brakes which work perfectly. . .now for retracts.

Regards,
Eric
Old 06-08-2011, 04:40 AM
i3dm

Eric,

My friend went to maiden his with a Jetcat P-160SX and at 190mm and 200mm it wouldnt take off even after 300m !

So you recommend trying 235mm then ?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 AM
i3dm

Also, whats the dry (or wet) AUW with the Rhino ? my friend's bird weighs 28.3Kg with full fuel, and 29.5Kg with smoke.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Did you have problems with the gear on that flight? looked like you couldn't get them up then you just put them back down and left them? Love that jet though. I have always loved the F-15 done in green with all the bombs on it, just looks mean.

Someone sent me a pm and said it was old gear before they updated no reply needed. I love that color scheme