Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

GP lear jet

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

GP lear jet

Old 03-25-2002, 03:25 PM
guntop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP lear jet

Can anyone tell me how this thing flies. Mine is ready to go but i am very nervous. Please give me some insight
Old 03-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Modelman
My Feedback: (7)

Default GP lear jet

Think of Patriot meets Ultra Sport. Not difficult to fly at all. Keep her on the ground a little longer than usual insuring the T-tail has reached effective working airspeed. Don't worry.

Craig
Old 03-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Default GP lear jet

Make sure you have plenty of elevator for your flair on landings. A friend of mine had one, flew great until he slowed it down for landing.

Sung
Old 03-25-2002, 07:31 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Gp Learjet

I flew one as my 4th R/C aircraft, was very fast at the time just make sure when you take off you start a gentle climb, if you dont have enought speed on take off the Learjet will roll and snap upside down. Flying it is easy and landings are not hard especially with all that surface wing area nice landings ( just keep the speed up) I had a webra .50 on mine.

Its a nice airplane wish i had another one. !!
Old 03-25-2002, 10:19 PM
RC Pilot56
My Feedback: (4)

Default GP lear jet

I agree with all said so far. Get it high and see where the stall is. Whatever you do keep up the speed on both takeoffs and landings. You do have to come home a lil on the hot side or it will tip stall.
Huey
Old 03-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Danger38

Default GP lear jet

Amen what has been said about the slow speed on landing i was showing off trying to stretch the landing a bit and i was the one that got bit it tip stall and not enough height to recover and down it went but it was not the plane fault thats was the on;y bade landing i made when i decide to show off other wise i was text book when i flew her.I want another one also i hope greatplanes still make it i will build another one.

danger38 out
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 AM
s2flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: GP lear jet

Does anyone know where I can find a Great Planes Lear Jet 40 kit? I need to build a static model as gift for someone.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

I have one NIB for sale.
Look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=Lear+Jet

Bob
ORIGINAL: s2flyer

Does anyone know where I can find a Great Planes Lear Jet 40 kit? I need to build a static model as gift for someone.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
rocketman-RCU
My Feedback: (73)

I had one with an OS 46 SF with a tuned pipe. It flew great at 7.5 lbs. But, like they say, it would tip stall on takeoff if you pulled it off too soon. I never had much trouble landing it however. It had cheap GP mech. retracts that seemed to work just fine. I glassed the fuse and vertical tail section, otherwise, it might have been even lighter. It was a real looker in the air, and fun to fly. Air retracts might save a little more weight, you would eliminate the large retract servo on the mains. I also glassed the cowl to the airframe to give it a more continuous scale look.