Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Another Skymaster Viper

I'm picking up some 12v halogen bulbs tonight and i'm just going to power them from a lipo, via a brushed speed controller. It's how Ali has his and they work a treat. Plus it's alot cheaper !!!
    Aero-creative - Vinyl Design & Application
    www.aero-creative.com

Duncan,
    pictures please when you have them

The details4scale controller is rediculous big, it's not possible to switch it on/off using a reciver channel (only the landing lights), so you will either need to have to connect/disconnect the battery or buy a seperate switch for it. And it is not so that there is no room inside the controller box, if just the electronics where designed less than 20 years ago......
    Carsten Groen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Using the powerbox to mate both ailerons, also the flaps and the elevators if need be, it leaves a channel free to use for the lights. Having them run by a speed controller, you can set it up on a switch or slider to come on when you want instead of just with the gear.

i'll take some pics of the bulbs tonight if i get them working
    www.aero-creative.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have ordered the lighting system from Optotronix.
    Almost completed the build. Just waiting for 2 x 4000ma lipos to come. Weight will be around 37lbs dry.
    Never flown anything so big. It looks quite intimidating. I hope the maiden flight goes better than the one here a few days ago.
    JET FLYING:- Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When building my Viper, I air pressure tested the fuel tanks in water & repaired a small leak. When the build was finished, I filled the tanks with fuel. After a couple of hours the bottom of the fuse was wet with fuel. I stripped the tanks back out (a real pain in the *****) & air tested them again to find more leaks at the seams. I have sanded the seams & sealed them with cyano & then thin fibreglass cloth & epoxy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cgroen

Duncan,

The details4scale controller is rediculous big, it's not possible to switch it on/off using a reciver channel (only the landing lights), so you will either need to have to connect/disconnect the battery or buy a seperate switch for it. And it is not so that there is no room inside the controller box, if just the electronics where designed less than 20 years ago......

Carston,

The Multi Watt lighting system for the Viper Jet now comes with a programmable on/off smart switch. I wouldn't say the controller is rediculously big. It was designed to handle up to 12 AMPS worth of lights! There's a lot of heat generated by that much power (hence the cooling fan). If the case were smaller, the fan would be of little use. I mean if you can't find room for it in the Viper Jet, somethings wrong...LOL...

Dan
    Dan Gill
    details4scale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well the Viper has arrived. It is very well built and the paint is lovely.

Removing all the stuff from inside the fuselage and I found the front cockpit already damaged badly, with torn plastic around one side of it, probably from being forced into the plane during packaging. It is too thin to put up with anything but the lightest touch, from what I see. Found a broken off piece of plastic for it down the back near the landing gear doors. Pity really, as the rest of the model is so nice, that it deserves a heavier plastic for the cockpits. Undercarriage and gear doors were fitted and the job was well done with everything closing nice and clean.

I ordered the EV-5U air switch, but it didn't come. On checking with SM, they advised that it will come later, as they were out of stock. Sounds fair to me. Plenty to do in the meantime anyway.

Overall, the purchase and communication with SM has been very good and the plane is well worth the money and the 5 week wait that it takes to get one.
    Murray
    Carf Ultra Flash, SM F-14, TF GS Corsair, TF GS P47, Boomerang Sprint

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For some reason... I ened up with 2 of the Air Power EVSD-5U-Pro multi function valves. If any body out there wants or needs one at a real deal, let me know. I bought one from another vendor under the impression it was different. wasn't really the case, but live and learn. The one I have for sale was only in my Viper durring the build and only saw air on the bench. If your interested, I'll ship anywhere in the U.S via FedEX at my expense.... or anywhere in the world via FedEx for cost. (I get an airline employee discount, would be reasonable price)

$300.00 U.S.

Matt

email: mattcap231@earthlink.net

ORIGINAL: Details 4 Scale

ORIGINAL: cgroen

Duncan,

Carston,

The Multi Watt lighting system for the Viper Jet now comes with a programmable on/off smart switch. I wouldn't say the controller is rediculously big. It was designed to handle up to 12 AMPS worth of lights! There's a lot of heat generated by that much power (hence the cooling fan). If the case were smaller, the fan would be of little use. I mean if you can't find room for it in the Viper Jet, somethings wrong...LOL...

Dan
    Dan,
    what I'm referring to is that the components used in the controller is not "up to date". The whole design could be squeezed a lot by using modern SMD components etc. The idea of the external switch that now comes with it, well, it should have been integrated inside the box anyway, external means more complicated install (there are other controllers "out there" with less volume)
    With regards to space, well there is enough room inside the Viper, another story was my Tammjet F16 1:8, that was not funny (and BTW I'm still waiting for the "not so dark" green lenses for the inlet lights on the 1:8 F16 from you, been many emails and months )

Anyway, enough off-topic chitchat

EDIT: got a PM from Dan, lenses on it's way, good service, just a mixup of emails
    Carsten Groen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally I have my own Viper!

This saturday and sunday I have spent a lot of time reading the two main threads (this is the most complete) regarding this spectacular airplane and watching all the sites that are mensioned and I suggest all the new owners to do the same. I have to thanks a lot of you for the informations and pictures.

My airplane arrived perfect except for the canopy that was folded in the middle (arghh [:@]). I have raised it and heating it using an hair dryer. At the end it returned almost perfect.

I have to say this is the most beautiful airplane I ever had but as you all know there are some things to fix.
    I just started to fix thread problems (sorry for my terrible english) in the aluminum "L", changing the bolts from 3 to 4 mm and I'm going to buy the reinforcement set horns in carbon fiber.

I'm using seven 8711 (just to be sure ) and I'm thinking about a futaba 3305 for the front gear...

Ciao
    Alessandro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Matt Chapman

For some reason... I ened up with 2 of the Air Power EVSD-5U-Pro multi function valves. If any body out there wants or needs one at a real deal, let me know. I bought one from another vendor under the impression it was different. wasn't really the case, but live and learn. The one I have for sale was only in my Viper durring the build and only saw air on the bench. If your interested, I'll ship anywhere in the U.S via FedEX at my expense.... or anywhere in the world via FedEx for cost. (I get an airline employee discount, would be reasonable price)

$300.00 U.S.

Matt

email: mattcap231@earthlink.net

Matt, I'll take it. I wrote to you by mail

Alessandro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share my Viper build with you. Here is where I am at the moment. The front hatch supports are now painted and i will post some more of the build as it goes on. Unless of course you are sick of Viper build pics by now!!

I decided to put a hatch at the front so I didnt need to keep removing the canopy and maybe cockpit. It is not really necessary, which is true, some might even suggest a complete waste of time. But Hey you pay your money and you take your choice. How practical it works out time will tell.

H
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr53929.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1310408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om31937.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	1310409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To45390.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	1310410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hn25454.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	1310411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ys49017.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	1310412  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xj63005.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	1310413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ka43348.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	1310414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jl95406.jpg 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1310415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge16551.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	1310416   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nm90978.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	1310417  

\"The Lust for Thrust\"
    \"I started off with nothing and still got most of it left!\" (S.S.S.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G-DAY HANGER MAN
    Love your fitout front hatch grate idear see you overcame the cylinder being where it is, I had thought about it and thats what stopped me, At the end of the day you do need the space even with the big area in the cockpit, As you said great JET IS THE BEST, have mine almost ready just waiting for the turbine any day now this thread is the best every body very helpfull whitch helps a lot ,At the moment we are grounded here with a fire ban in place hope to get some rain soon should not be long away with this time of year.
    REGARDS
    JOHN
    P47 BROTHERHOOD #95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very nice install. Joe C!!
    BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY
    www.bestinthewestjetrally.com Oct. 15th-19th, 2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheers Guys, thank you for your comments. With regard to the weather in Oz, I'd gladly swap some of your sun for our rain!

Some more build pics, from the weekend.
    Fuel tanks completed, I have used BVM fittings as recommended and supplied by Ali. Vents in the fusealage fitted. Turbine rail glued in. I have decided to use two vents hopefully this will aid in the pump being able to draw fuel easier than just using one vent, just to be on the safe side. The redundant brass tubing on the tank fitting is folded and soldered. I just spotted my error in pic six, while checking this post (can you spot it?) .....and I also added lock wire to the clunk, that wasn't the error though.

H

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81420.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	1310688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ws56860.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	1310689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ms43010.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	1310690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jd88744.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	1310691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yj64726.jpg 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	1310692  

Name:	Ne56022.jpg 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	1310693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Su34856.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	1310694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ba91397.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	1310695   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kj82273.jpg 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	1310696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zm62281.jpg 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	1310697  

Name:	Wb21904.jpg 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	1310698  
    \"The Lust for Thrust\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very nice work! Great pictures.

Craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

(can you spot it?)
    Clear fuel line instead of tygon on clunk?
    Murray
    Carf Ultra Flash, SM F-14, TF GS Corsair, TF GS P47, Boomerang Sprint

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the guess! Close though but wrong. Fuel line is correct its supplied by BVM and utra flexible, Another go?

H
    \"The Lust for Thrust\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hangarman

Cheers Guys, thank you for your comments. Â*With regard to the weather in Oz, Â*I'd gladly swap some of your sun for our rain! Â*[img][/img]

Some more build pics, from the weekend.
    Fuel tanks completed, I have used BVM fittings as recommended and supplied by Ali. Vents in the fusealage fitted. Turbine rail glued in. Â*I have decided to use two vents hopefully this will aid in the pump being able to draw fuel easier than just using one vent, just to be on the safe side. The redundant brass tubing on the tank fitting is folded and soldered. Â*I just spotted my error in pic six, while checking this post (can you spot it?) .....and I also added lock wire to the clunk, that wasn't the error though. Â*[img][/img]Â*Â*

H

Â*

Lock wire on the wrong side of the barb? (on the tygon / middle pipe connection) ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the guess! Close though but wrong. Fuel line is correct its supplied by BVM and utra flexible, Another go?

HÂ*
    You initially used green gardening string instead of fuel line??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[/quote]

Lock wire on the wrong side of the barb? (on the tygon / middle pipe connection) ?
    [/quote]

I need Nightswan checking up on my work!! Yes thats it. I need to rectify that when i get back!

Mark, i just spat my tea out!! trust you!(tea was cold!!!)

\"The Lust for Thrust\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HÂ*
    was it cutting the hatch out of the nose?

Sorry Henry i thought i'd say it before Mark did
    www.aero-creative.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Duncan

H
    was it cutting the hatch out of the nose?

Sorry Henry i thought i'd say it before Mark did
    MARK?

\"The Lust for Thrust\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep Schroeder, aka Touche Turtle
    www.aero-creative.com

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast