Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Another Skymaster Viper

ORIGINAL: Duncan

it's more likely to be the Schnapps rather than the cold
    he this is holland remember>?legal drugs are cheaper and easyer to get then apfelschnaps..
    anyway the lot of you couldnt even hold that schnaps..
    In God we trust , the rest we Track \"digitech multirotors\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it was the sambuca that gave me a problem, i've not drank since Pampa !!!
    Aero-creative - Vinyl Design & Application
    www.aero-creative.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NightSwan

Well, I'd thought I'd post some pics of my Viperjet build.
    The electronics installations are very similar to mine! I don't have the dual RX but I'm using an Emcotec DPSI RV. You have done a really good job and I haven't thought about separating nose-door and main wheel valves.
    You have much longer antenna cables than my three R6014FS [X(], and two are very new, do you have modified the lenght?

Soon I will post some picture.

Ciao
    Alessandro

ORIGINAL: Duncan

...i've not drank since Pampa !!!
    We'll have to do something about that...

I vote for silver on the legs.
    Sverrir G. - Icelandic Volcano Yeti

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Sandor,
    I will have to get you onto the corn schnapps that David Busken supplies when I go to Germany - I think its old rocket fuel............
    Can you flick me some info on your SM Viperjet upgrades you are doing, as I am starting a build - finally.
    Hopefully be over for the IJMC meeting in Germany end of this month - 23rd. Will be hard leaving sunny Australia @ 35 degreees to come over to minus ??????
    Thanks, Dave
    ITS NOT THE HAND YOUR DEALT IN LIFE, ITS THE WAY YOU PLAY THE CARDS THAT COUNTS.....................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The extra long antennas can be bought and are simply attached inside the receiver with a tiny connector.

http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=72981

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: OttoKranz

The electronics installations are very similar to mine! I don't have the dual RX but I'm using an Emcotec DPSI RV. You have done a really good job and I haven't thought about separating nose-door and main wheel valves.
    You have much longer antenna cables than my three R6014FS [X(], and two are very new, do you have modified the lenght?

Ciao
    Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

I indeed swapped the antennas for longer ones. I want two all the way in the nose, and the other two a bit further back. Got them from Emcotec (as I was already ordering the Twin), but more manufacturers stock them. They are original robbe / futaba parts, swapping them is really easy. I think I will do this on more jets.

About the nose-door, it's not scale but now I can close the main doors when the mains are out. Should keep some grass out of the plane (and I think the sequence looks cool )

Hans

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HI All and John
    I have finally finished the Viper no maiden as yet Temp here for the next week is going to be 39 to 41 C so there are fire bans in place
    have done quite a few mods some from this forum and some of my own which I have posted. It has been a big help reading what you guys have done thanks for all of the posts I will post a few pics that may be of help to others
    Cheers Bronte
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64132.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	1350479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk31255.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	1350480   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qv55132.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	290.2 KB 
ID:	1350481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nh12183.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	1350482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc39355.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	1350483  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ja40287.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	1350484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zb59221.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	1350485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ba90955.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	282.0 KB 
ID:	1350486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gf67449.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	1350487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ug44030.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	1350488  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In63551.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	1350489  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bronte,

you just gave me a good idea for the location for my air-bottles

Hans

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kimba

HI All and John
    I have finally finished the Viper no maiden as yet Temp here for the next week is going to be 39 to 41 C so there are fire bans in place
    have done quite a few mods some from this forum and some of my own which I have posted. It has been a big help reading what you guys have done thanks for all of the posts I will post a few pics that may be of help to others
    Cheers Bronte
    VERY VERY NICE
    Sorry about the fire ban as you know ours has been lifted, Talking to Chris Venter larst night and he is close to finishing his, So I shall leave my maiden untill we can do both at the same time in maryborough maybe early feb,Could be as many as 6 VIPERS at wangeratta, Talk to you soon bronte shall add some shots of my craddle .
    REGARDS
    JOHN

Name:	Ig12597.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	1350570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av69864.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1350571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lq36530.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	1350572  
    P47 BROTHERHOOD #95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ciao
    Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

I indeed swapped the antennas for longer ones. I want two all the way in the nose, and the other two a bit further back. Got them from Emcotec (as I was already ordering the Twin), but more manufacturers stock them. They are original robbe / futaba parts, swapping them is really easy. I think I will do this on more jets.

About the nose-door, it's not scale but now I can close the main doors when the mains are out. Should keep some grass out of the plane (and I think the sequence looks cool )

Hans

Many thanks Hans (and chichisport),

I didn't know about those antennas.

You are right about the doors sequence and there are less risks that the grass could snatch the main doors.
    Yes... I have a concrete runway but is short and I'm still having problem in landing velocity [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]..... I think I will do it on my Viper.

Alessandro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John,

Which pilots are those in your Viper?

Cheers

Jan
    It is always pilot error.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DENTO

HI All and John
    Cheers Bronte
    VERY VERY NICE
    Sorry about the fire ban as you know ours has been lifted, Talking to Chris Venter larst night and he is close to finishing his, So I shall leave my maiden untill we can do both at the same time in maryborough maybe early feb,Could be as many as 6 VIPERS at wangeratta, Talk to you soon bronte shall add some shots of my craddle .
    REGARDS
    JOHN
    John,

Would you be good enough to post the dimensions of your carrier and templates of the front and rear fuselage cradles? Looks great!

Thanks,

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike - Happy New Year! Did you get your Viper yet? My F86 arrived today. Looking forward to some warmer weather down south, its feeling a bit like PA here! Take care - Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: f106jax

ORIGINAL: DENTO

HI All and John
    Cheers Bronte
    VERY VERY NICE
    REGARDS
    JOHN
    John,

Would you be good enough to post the dimensions of your carrier and templates of the front and rear fuselage cradles? Looks great!

Thanks,

I second that! The carrier looks really nice. Any details to help reproduce would be awsome.

Yah.... not flying in PA this month.... Way too cold.
    It's a good time to finish up the cockpits this winter for the upcoming flying season.

Regards,

Matt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HEY GUYS
    Shall take some close ups of my craddle and give you some measurments to go on, Am not computer wise enought to send scale drawings in the forum, So give me a couple of days and I shall post.
    REGARDS
    JOHN

P47 BROTHERHOOD #95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FYI - I installed springs in my landing gear as I wait for new valves. So far so good. Using 1/2" for the mains and 7/16 for the nose.
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all,
    also in my viper there is a problem of alignement of the mounting rails of the turbine. I've used two wires across the middle of the rear hole of the fuselage and all the way through the middle of the central air intake and than out from the two front intakes on the fuselage. I know the best way should be the alignment with the wings but is too difficult and this way should be fine. I had to make to wooden wedges.... look the inclination!! Now I think I'll only have to raise the turbine vertically less than 1 cm because the aluminum wings attached on the turbine are not (as usually) in the middle of the turbine.
    It's late here in Italy [sm=confused_smile.gif] so I'll post some pictures that speak better than me.

Did you have the same problem? Any suggestions more?
    Thanks
    Ciao
    Alessandro

Name:	Xv64723.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	1354869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq51045.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	1354870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wb75714.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	1354871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pj18384.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	1354872  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is certainly a lot of correction. I know on the Cermark Viper Jet I had, I had to completely redo the engine rails. Just be careful of optical illusions. What I did was string my aircraft on center line and took all measurements from that center line....
    Dave Bottita
    evoJet Factory Pilot
    Smart-Fly

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is is strange.. but my hawk to.. and i also have more than 50 flight on it with no problem.. donΒ΄t.. worry with it....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all,
    also in my viper there is a problem of alignement of the mounting rails of the turbine. I've used two wires across the middle of the rear hole of the fuselage and all the way through the middle of the central air intake and than out from the two front intakes on the fuselage. I know the best way should be the alignment with the wings but is too difficult and this way should be fine. I had to make to wooden wedges.... look the inclination!! Now I think I'll only have to raise the turbine vertically less than 1 cm because the aluminum wings attached on the turbine are not (as usually) in the middle of the turbine.
    It's late here in Italy [sm=confused_smile.gif] so I'll post some pictures that speak better than me.

Did you have the same problem? Any suggestions more?
    Thanks
    Ciao
    Alessandro
    dont use the intake for alignement , use the pipe as reference to the turbine!
    a lot seems to have this problem
    In God we trust , the rest we Track \"digitech multirotors\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay guys... time for some explanation please.
    I was under the imprssion that the "incidence" or angle of the engine was not critical. (my first jet....) Please explain the theroy of what you're all speaking about here with the engine mounting rails.
    I didnt set a thrust line. I simply mounted the turbine, lined up the tail pipe centered on the engine and set things in place. My tail pipe extends beyond the aft bulkhead by the prescibed 10mm.
    Will an incidence + or - have an effect on the pitch of the plane based on power in flight?

I have 15 or so flight on my Vipor. All very good enjoyable flights.... except the last flame out... another story.. but all ended well with a perfect touchdown and roll out to my feet! (i'd rather be lucky than good) and lucky i was! So, all being good in my opinion, am I simply overlooking a problem that my be present through not knowing how it should be? Ignorance is not always bliss!

Thanks for any advice to help me advance.

Matt-C

I did the same Matt, I raised the engine bracket 5 mm using some plywood (the Jetcat mount is offset 5 mm from center), adjusted thrusttube with eyesight (no strings, no measurement etc), and I have also not detected any (power induced pitch change) difference in flight
    Carsten Groen

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Matt Chapman

Will an incidence + or - have an effect on the pitch of the plane based on power in flight? ...
    Hey Matt
    Yes it can have an effect!
    like in prop planes we must fine tune the up down thrust of the engine.. same think in jets.
    its like you having a vector thrust set up whrong...
    start seting a degree lazer meter to zero on the wing ...then check engines mounts and pipe..

..but if Matt Chapman enjoy fly this toy untill now..then it needs no corection

forgive my poor english
    Best Regards George
    www.rcjet.gr \"props are for boats\"

I don't know if you can compare the two things, but on my Elan I have a P160SX, and because of the size of that, I melted the two servo covers on the elavator.
    I then raised the turbine by mounting 3 mm thick washers under the front screws of the engine mount. That gave the engine so much "down thrust" that it was easy to see that the engine was tilted (and it has saved my elevator covers since then)
    That did not change the trim at all, I could not feel any diffrence whatsoever after installing the washers.
    Carsten Groen

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast