Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

12 channel spektrum module for MX-22

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

12 channel spektrum module for MX-22

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:21 AM
jimhoud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 12 channel spektrum module for MX-22

Just bench tested the Spektrum DM12 in my Graupner MC24 with a JR 1221 and all 12 channels work,
Had to put the TX into PPM24 mode to see the last 3 channels.
As it is destined for my mc24 I'm not going to move the module's plug to test in my mx22,
but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.
regards
James D G

Old 12-16-2010, 06:11 AM
gtssound

Hi all

Just a short note to those who may be converting the Graupner MC24 to 2.4G by using the Spektrum 12 channel module kit.

Please ensure that you disconnect the main battery AND put some insulting tape over the little round battery while you are doing this conversion

You MUST connect the (black) ground wire to pin 2 (same location as the original) of the new pin board BEFORE you put your battery back in and turn on the TX. Failing to do so (DID on mine) will possibly cause a loss of ALL model memories

Now where is my hand marked up paperwork to all my MC24 models...[:@]

Gez.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:30 PM
craigdyer

Hi All,

I have been operating a n MX22 on the 12 channel module for about 8 months and I can say all 12 channels are operational. I use the JR 12 channel receiver and set the radio to ppm 24 and you will get 12 proportional channels.

You can operate the ar 9000 receivers by leaving the model memory set for ppm18 but you will have to rebind to the DM12 module.

I have been flying sport jets and helis with this system and have had zero problems.

MX22, 12 channel, 2.4gig.....perfect.

BRG, Craig.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:22 AM
iiievolution

Hi, sorry for the very late answer I have been using the MX22 with the DM12 for a year and a half and it is excellent. Use ppm12 for 12 channel Rx and ppm18 for 9 channel Rx. I asked horizon about this just to be sure. I also made the module a permanent installation in the MX22 by using the long antenna wire that is supplied with the MC24 conversion kit and routed this wire internally.

Paul
Old 12-19-2010, 03:34 AM
chrigui

i have one of this 12ch module on mx-22..... all ok
but it's fitted on new antenna-box like 9ch module
Old 12-19-2010, 05:03 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: iiievolution

Use ppm12 for 12 channel Rx and ppm18 for 9 channel Rx. I asked horizon about this just to be sure.
I assume ppm 18 would also be the setting for 7 & 6 channel Rx. ?

what is the reasoning for the use of ppm12 just for the 12ch? not very practical if one has to switch modes between two models [:-]
Old 12-19-2010, 05:33 AM
RUFTER

ORIGINAL: gtssound

Hi all

Just a short note to those who may be converting the Graupner MC24 to 2.4G by using the Spektrum 12 channel module kit.

Please ensure that you disconnect the main battery AND put some insulting tape over the little round battery while you are doing this conversion

You MUST connect the (black) ground wire to pin 2 (same location as the original) of the new pin board BEFORE you put your battery back in and turn on the TX. Failing to do so (DID on mine) will possibly cause a loss of ALL model memories

Now where is my hand marked up paperwork to all my MC24 models...[:@]

Gez.
Been there, done that...

All model memories lost.
Only I didn't have a backup. 1,5 years later and I'm still tweeking plane setups...

There is an addendum of the problem on the Horizon website.

Bart, happy MC24/Spektrum user.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:35 AM
iiievolution

ORIGINAL: vasek

ORIGINAL: iiievolution

Use ppm12 for 12 channel Rx and ppm18 for 9 channel Rx. I asked horizon about this just to be sure.
I assume ppm 18 would also be the setting for 7 & 6 channel Rx. ?

what is the reasoning for the use of ppm12 just for the 12ch? not very practical if one has to switch modes between two models [:-]
Dont know, that's what horizon/spectrum said. In the mx22 you don't have to switch between ppm18 & ppm24 when you change models because this is stored in each models memory.

Paul