Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ever Wondered what the Inside of a FlyEagleJets F-18 Wing looks like?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ever Wondered what the Inside of a FlyEagleJets F-18 Wing looks like?

Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
SinCityJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ever Wondered what the Inside of a FlyEagleJets F-18 Wing looks like?

ORIGINAL: drdoom

waving the Off Topic banner here. Was that jet a Single or a Twin?

Looks like your post was overlooked in all the excitement....it was a single.

Chad
Old 05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
sandslx
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Ever Wondered what the Inside of a FlyEagleJets F-18 Wing looks like?

Iam pretty sure Scotty knows what he is talking about. Iam glad you shared the pics..Its amazing whatyou can get away with in the construction.

Buck this pic is for you! Yeah baby YEAH!

Justin Sands

BVMrep
Team JR/Horizon

Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
autorot

Default RE: Ever Wondered what the Inside of a Fly Eagle Jets F-18 Wing looks like?

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

You forgot the hardware, valves,bypass and additional shipping expense. Another $400 on top
Scott

Now theres an addendum on the front page of FEJ about wet starts.
Yes..and james forgot the photo N°3.
It's christian herit 'FEJF18, Crash after pipe failure and no wet star before....

Good luck with FEJ plane and good flights for the other ))

Best regards,

Sébastien
Old 05-26-2009, 03:38 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Saying that a Skymaster F18 costs $6,000.00 for the kit indicates that he does not know what he is talking about. He wasmore than2K over. That is a big difference.

I bet there if I asked for all of the options taken off the FEJ other than the paint you would only be looking at $300-400 difference between the air frames. I wish I would have looked closer at this before diving in the FEJ F-18.

ORIGINAL: sandslx

Iam pretty sure Scotty knows what he is talking about. Iam glad you shared the pics..Its amazing whatyou can get away with in the construction.

Buck this pic is for you! Yeah baby YEAH!

Justin Sands

BVMrep
Team JR/Horizon

Old 05-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

Ok,

If we are to do a comparison, than here is one more to add to the list. On left is the FEJ F18F wing that Andy took a pic of and on the right is a Skymaster F18F that I purchased 10 months ago for a SM F18 that I ended up not using. The photo of the SM may not show all so here is a play by ply. The balsa skin is very thin with a very very thin sheet of FG on inside and on the outside that has been painted. Only one main spar made up of 1/4 inch soft balsa that has been FG on both sides and a layer of CF on both top and bottom. Only 1 rib made up of soft balsa. The outer rib was 2 halfs of FG joined and glued.

My conclusion, if it works it works!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48855.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1206531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69883.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1206532  
Old 05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
SinCityJets

Andy, 

You have convinced me!  FEJ does do a superior build than most other manufacturers!  Looking at the comparison picture from Kevin clearly shows you made the right decision on which plane to buy.  I guess you'll be taking them up on that 40% discount now! 

Chad
Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

Chad,

Yes indeed, I actually was amazed at the lack of internals on the SM, but as I said, if it works than it works. The flat stall I had on my 1st FEJF18F occured at 200 feet causing the jet to crash absolutly flat, and both main wings, stabs and verticals where almost perfact. Only the fuse was a pancake.

Just look at David Searls test flight #2 or #3 when it stalls and hits the ground, you can hear the thud, yet the wing was unharmed and he has 20 + flights on it. So come on, stop bashing FEJon this point, take the 40% or see if they will go 50/50, rebuild the kit, or evenget your gear fixed, use the same hardware and go 50/50 on just a new kit and any other items that need replacing and lets get you happy and flying again.

Kevin
Old 05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

i really don't see how the wing needed it's own thread .

maybe a moderator could lump all of this tantrum in with the other threads that were designed to pressure XXX jet company into replacing the entire Gimmick .

i really believe that the simple posting of the lack of welds in the pipe and some time would have been enough , now you (Andy) are starting to make yourself look vindictave instead of rightfully angry .

it's one thing to start a single thread that strives to inform others of a possible defect in a very large , very expensive aircraft in the hopes that a little customer pressure will help "make it right" It's another thing altogether to use up a large amount of RCU's bandwith with multiple posts on the same subject intended to flame a company .

with that said , i feel bad the jet went in , and since there are almost no welds on the pipe i think they should replace it for you .

regards

Dan

Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kmarks

Ok,

If we are to do a comparison, than here is one more to add to the list. On left is the FEJ F18F wing that Andy took a pic of and on the right is a Skymaster F18F that I purchased 10 months ago for a SM F18 that I ended up not using. The photo of the SM may not show all so here is a play by ply. The balsa skin is very thin with a very very thin sheet of FG on inside and on the outside that has been painted. Only one main spar made up of 1/4 inch soft balsa that has been FG on both sides and a layer of CF on both top and bottom. Only 1 rib made up of soft balsa. The outer rib was 2 halfs of FG joined and glued.

Wow whoever designed that SM F-18 wing should be working for Boeing or Airbus. You know how much fuel you can carry without having Wing Spars?
Helloooo 737 ETOPS!!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

ORIGINAL: Kmarks

Ok,

Wow whoever designed that SM F-18 wing should be working for Boeing or Airbus. You know how much fuel you can carry without having Wing Spars?
Helloooo 737 ETOPS!!
I just had to LMAOof this one.. great post!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:11 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Ever Wondered what the Inside of a Fly Eagle Jets F-18 Wing looks like?

These are 2 very different sizes of jets though as well, the FEJ one is quite a bit larger than the Skymaster one.
So you can't really compare the prices side by side. Ithink in terms of size the SMF4 is more closely sized to the FEJ F18 and when you add that one up it's close to 6K, Ithink that's where the 6K figure came into play was because you compared the construction of the FEJ F18 to your SM F4, so when you put those 2 jets side by side, the F4 does come close to 6K in the end.

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Nope - still doesnt add up to 6K:

F18 - 2095
gear - 695
tank - 125
speed brakes - 45
doors and cylinders - 135
Pipe - 250
Hardware Kit - 69
Cockpit - 395

total cost $3,809.00

add the Pro-addition and you get the gear doors and gear installed for an Extra $195.00

Usually you can get them to discount the kits to so it would be a little less. Still a far cry below 6K!

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

Andy
not when you add up all the parts and pieces amigo. gear, tanks, hardware, kit, cockpit, etc. it adds up to around 6k.

Dude,

Were are you buying your Skymaster kits from??? The same exact jet goes for $2,095.00 right off their own web site. $6000?? your joking right?

Why are you referencing Skymaster? You cant compare FEJ to Skymaster.Skymaster kits are the $6000 kits i was talking about.
FEJ are way cheaper!! Like half!!
I didnt think anyone was buying FEJ expecting Skymaster.
Scott
Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Do you really expect to pay soo cheap and receive such high quality?
Dont pay $3000 and expect a $6000 airplane.
Scott
Could not have said it better myself. You get what you pay for. Although, I have seen plenty of FE birds fly just fine without crashing and blowing pipes.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

All I gotta say is.........................if you buy a cheap Chinese jet.........................you better have these.........................

Name:	Nl29863.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1206676  
Old 05-26-2009, 07:51 PM
SinCityJets

Chipmunks??  
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

Andy................................you see this sheeeat right here Bro..........................you know damn good and well its a BVM cause it can withstand the heavy wing loading!

Sorry to hear about the Eighteen.

Name:	Us53477.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1206677  
Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

All I gotta say is.........................if you buy a cheap Chinese jet.........................you better have these.........................
Chewed up rice cake and Elmers glue baby!!!! Gotta love em!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Andy................................you see this sheeeat right here Bro..........................you know damn good and well its a BVM cause it can withstand the heavy wing loading!

"Hogforce 1"
Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets

Chipmunks??
Nah Chad, NOT Chipmunks! Cmon Dude........................this is a serious thread! No more Monkeying around!

Name:	Tr49027.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1206690  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 PM
AndyAndrews

Sorry, I have a Skymaster F4 it didnt' cost anywhere near 6k.

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

These are 2 very different sizes of jets though as well, the FEJ one is quite a bit larger than the Skymaster one.
So you can't really compare the prices side by side. Ithink in terms of size the SMF4 is more closely sized to the FEJ F18 and when you add that one up it's close to 6K, Ithink that's where the 6K figure came into play was because you compared the construction of the FEJ F18 to your SM F4, so when you put those 2 jets side by side, the F4 does come close to 6K in the end.

Nope - still doesnt add up to 6K:

F18 - 2095
gear - 695
tank - 125
speed brakes - 45
doors and cylinders - 135
Pipe - 250
Hardware Kit - 69
Cockpit - 395

total cost $3,809.00

add the Pro-addition and you get the gear doors and gear installed for an Extra $195.00

Usually you can get them to discount the kits to so it would be a little less. Still a far cry below 6K!

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

Andy
not when you add up all the parts and pieces amigo. gear, tanks, hardware, kit, cockpit, etc. it adds up to around 6k.

Dude,

Were are you buying your Skymaster kits from??? The same exact jet goes for $2,095.00 right off their own web site. $6000?? your joking right?

Why are you referencing Skymaster? You cant compare FEJ to Skymaster.Skymaster kits are the $6000 kits i was talking about.
FEJ are way cheaper!! Like half!!
I didnt think anyone was buying FEJ expecting Skymaster.
Scott
Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 PM
AndyAndrews

lol, you crack me up Frosty. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 05-26-2009, 08:23 PM
AndyAndrews

Its hard for me to believe that that Skymaster wing is hollow. It must use Chinese magic.

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets

Andy,

You have convinced me! FEJ does do a superior build than most other manufacturers! Looking at the comparison picture from Kevin clearly shows you made the right decision on which plane to buy. I guess you'll be taking them up on that 40% discount now!

Chad
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

Seriously................................... I will tagboth of these FatHogs before I fly a FEJ.Seriously.

Name:	Vt56581.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1206745  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Awe Geese!! You just refuse to see the point! Get off the 6K figure dude. I also saidFEJ was $3000 and the FEJ isnt $3000, its $2450. Would you understand better if I said "dont pay $2450 and expect a $4300 jet"? Theres a significant difference in cost of the two, thats the POINT!!! If you dont want to believe theres a difference then dont, but there is. You bought the knockoff brand hoping for the real deal. You bought aCHEAP jet from China from a company that hasnt been around a year and you expected to get a Skymaster aircraft without problems or defects.You boughtanun proven airframe from a brand new company, dirt cheap, and have now aided them in their R&D department. First ten customers get a discountand become the newest memberof the R&D team. "Welcome Aboard" Sorry your journey ended so abruptly, want another?
Scott
Old 05-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

The reason? Im a team Playa!

Name:	Zx72172.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1206746  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned

In all seriousness and all joking aside................................. I would really tag this Fatty in a heartbeat.

Name:	Vt56160.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1206760  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.