Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Old School DF Jet Rally next year

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Old School DF Jet Rally next year

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old School DF Jet Rally next year

I've got a couple old pipes and a  Starter wand....
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: drdoom

I've got a couple old pipes and a Starter wand....

i think i've got a hand crank fuel pump around here somewhere...........do they still make those???
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 AM
vinnyjet
My Feedback: (39)

there was a guy at the field the other day with
a byron mig 15 KB 82 for power it flew good not very fast
my first jet was a byron F86 rossi 81 for power
vinny
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: arizonasun25

Oh I can tell this will be a rather large event! (NOT). May bee we can ride our horse and buggies out to the event to relive the transportation wows we once had as well.

Ron
We could all dress in vintage clothing as well.... OOOOOOOoooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry man, could not resist!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18101.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1219304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62355.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1219305  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RAPPTOR
arizonasun25 NOT INTENTED AS AN INSULT. BUTTTTTT,, IF YO THROW A STONE IN TO A PACK OF DOGS,, THE ONE THAT BARKS IS THE ONE YOU HIT!!
Nope - if Ron threw a stone into a pack of dogs, the one he hit would be dead ; the one doing all the yapping would be the one that desperately wants someone - anyone - to pay attention to it.

Not much different than humans, sometimes.

BTW, have a look on your keyboard, for a key marked "Caps Lock". It's actually functional, not just ornamental.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone is interested, Ithink I have a dynamac and a byron fan unit with starter wands. Just send me a PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RAPPTOR,
You been asked about 100 times now to not to type in "all caps".
Are you really that thick?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:40 PM
scale dail
My Feedback: (8)

We could have the event at PRADO!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
rcjet lynch

I think I still have my old Jim Fox Hawk. Man that thing flew sweet.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: RAPPTOR
arizonasun25 NOT INTENTED AS AN INSULT. BUTTTTTT,, IF YO THROW A STONE IN TO A PACK OF DOGS,, THE ONE THAT BARKS IS THE ONE YOU HIT!! AS FAR AS THE DRIVE ,, YOUR TIME ,IS WORTH THE SAME ,AS EVERY ONE ELSE,,EXCEPT TO YOU ....LOOK UP ME UP ON LINE .. I BUILT AND SET MOST OF THE JETS AND RECORDS FOR DUCTED FANS-. ????????????AND YOU????????????

What a D**K!!!!

Name:	Jh16470.gif
Views:	15
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1219380  
Old 06-16-2009, 02:20 PM
ArcticCatRider
My Feedback: (6)

What an interesting thread this is turning out to be.

I never have owned a DF, or a turbine. I think the idea of a "vintage" DF rally is pretty cool, however. I've been in radio control for many years, but still fly my control-line planes once in a while. I still have a couple Cox .049s that I'll tinker with from time to time.

How can you condemn the idea of a function like this? This is a hobby afterall, not a political movement. It's meant to be enjoyed in all its specialties. I understand the turbines are the showcase of many of the most advanced modelers, however, they started in the same place we all did.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Some old video I had.

*** edit, link not working ***

Mickey Edmonds there at the end did I think it was a 215mph pass with that Starfire
Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not just set aside some time each day for IC DF only and combine it with a reg event. Geez i wish i still had my George Miller F-4...
V..
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: scale dail

We could have the event at PRADO!

Ole Lonnie would love that!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: ArcticCatRider

I never have owned a DF, or a turbine. I think the idea of a "vintage" DF rally is pretty cool, however. I've been in radio control for many years, but still fly my control-line planes once in a while. I still have a couple Cox .049s that I'll tinker with from time to time.

How can you condemn the idea of a function like this? This is a hobby afterall, not a political movement. It's meant to be enjoyed in all its specialties. I understand the turbines are the showcase of many of the most advanced modelers, however, they started in the same place we all did.

I agree it would be afun to get the boyz together for a good time. I think the big issue here is that most of us do not have a turn key DF bird sitting in the hanger RTF. I for one would rather not shell out $1500 or so to purchase a DF bird to be used for only two days. Sure there are beaters out there for cheap but who wants one? Mabye Joe C and Ron L can hook up and have Henry build em two 8 OS .91 powered B-52s for the noon time demo!!! OOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhh..... I remember what a pain it was to get one Rossi .81 to run worth a toss let alone 8 of them....

If the event does happen I will come with a full cooler, EZ UPs and bbq just to hang out and jaw jack..

DF
Old 06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased a BVM Maverick about a year ago, with a Vio Fan, original NIB retracts and a BVM .91R.

When I opened the box I FREAKED OUT after seeing all the parts. Then I chickened out and sold it (and even made a little profit).

I think if I could find a BVM Viper RTF for the right price in good condition I'd go for it. I'd still be faster than most turbines!  [8D]
When I had my Yellow and BVM F-16's, I could get to the field and up in the air in 10 minutes or less. The Viofan/BVM .91R and the Ramtec/OS .91/JMP Pipe where a very reliable combination. I never had a deadstick. Sorry for all the guys who did the R&D before I started!!
I guess you guys called it quits and went to turbines as it was getting better.

David

Old 06-16-2009, 03:11 PM
acarlos
My Feedback: (8)

Would be fine!And it would deserves one of those great Paul Reese videos to register the incredible WEEEEEE sound of the DF passes!
Don't forget the speed trap!!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:11 PM
ArcticCatRider
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

I agree it would be afun to get the boyz together for a good time. I think the big issue here is that most of us do not have a turn key DF bird sitting in the hanger RTF. I for one would rather not shell out $1500 or so to purchase a DF bird to be used for only two days. Sure there are beaters out there for cheap but who wants one? Mabye Joe C and Ron L can hook up and have Henry build em two 8 OS .91 powered B-52s for the noon time demo!!! OOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhh..... I remember what a pain it was to get one Rossi .81 to run worth a toss let alone 8 of them....

If the event does happen I will come with a full cooler, EZ UPs and bbq just to hang out and jaw jack..

DF
LOL!!

One of these days I'm going to try to get an old DF setup. I've got experience with RIRE, high RPM boat motors so I should be able to hack a fan motor. I've also got a field that has a 300 ft. paved runway....should I should take advantage of it.

The turbines are really incredible....I've only seen them fly a few times. I don't know if I'd ever get into it....just like I don't know if I'd ever get into choppers. I've got too many hobbies the way it is....but they sure are fun.

Sounds like it'd be a nice function in any event.....to fly or just grill out.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

DF
I am with Doug here. I will bring the big Cooler full of hurt, the gong and a bunch of jaw jack. It will be a social event for sure.

Ron

Name:	Xv65534.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1219459  
Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 PM
turboratt

sounds good to me getting my topgun mig ready as we speak
Old 06-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys spending hours trying to tune their engines. Some actually getting their engines to idle (both before & after the flight). A few others wearing out their wands trying to get them started. Everybody else wrenching all day.Couple other guys getting a few flights in all day. Some actually landing with the engine running. That way loud whining sound in the air. The rest of us wearing earmuffs trying to talk to each other. People yelling "No smoke, richen it up." That sound of silence as the engine comes to a sudden, fatal stop in the air. The oily mess to clean up inside the airplane. Broken rods, broken pipes, broken headers, broken throttle linkages, blown o-rings, blown plugs, etc. Landing gear not being the major problem with the jet. 20 hours of maintenance per flight hour. Finding castor oil to add to the fuel.

No thanks. Good riddance. Did you guys forget all that?????
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
t33jetman

I Just Don't Understand you grown men!!!!

This thread to me was a clear as it could be , if you like this kind of stuff then it's for you to comment on that you would like to participate , sounds easy to me . if you don't care about this then MOVE ON to another thread that you would like to say something positive towards and be happy.

Why must you (if it applies to) rain on someone elses idea. So you don't like them , who cares , move ongood god man.

1 If you don't have a ducted fan plane .......then don't buy one , or build one , no one is asking you to do any thing keep your money and turbine.

2 if you don't won't to spend time or money going to this kind of event......then don't come to the ducted fan rally, simple do you need help understanding this?

3 if you don't like them and you are happy with your turbine plane......then don't commment on this thread, it is not for you!!!!!!! be happy with your turbine I am still happy with my turbine plane.

4 If you feel that you cannot restrain yourself and must act like a butt..... then try to type something supportive of the hobby (build up ,not tear down ,the real world is doing plenty of that everyday , we are trying to get away from it for a few hours and just have fun and talk smack)

Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: t33jetman

I Just Don't Understand you grown men!!!!

This thread to me was a clear as it could be , if you like this kind of stuff then it's for you to comment on that you would like to participate , sounds easy to me . if you don't care about this then MOVE ON to another thread that you would like to say something positive towards and be happy.

Why must you (if it applies to) rain on someone elses idea. So you don't like them , who cares , move ongood god man.

1 If you don't have a ducted fan plane .......then don't buy one , or build one , no one is asking you to do any thing keep your money and turbine.

2 if you don't won't to spend time or money going to this kind of event......then don't come to the ducted fan rally, simple do you need help understanding this?

3 if you don't like them and you are happy with your turbine plane......then don't commment on this thread, it is not for you!!!!!!! be happy with your turbine I am still happy with my turbine plane.

4 If you feel that you cannot restrain yourself and must act like a butt..... then try to type something supportive of the hobby (build up ,not tear down ,the real world is doing plenty of that everyday , we are trying to get away from it for a few hours and just have fun and talk smack)

And yall know there is no Crying in Model Jets!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Thud_Driver

Lay off, I'm with the cooler crowd.  Have a brew and calm down.  See post 39 & 43.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Thud_Driver

Dougie,

I'll come to watch. Let others endure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.