Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

MDW SUPER DRI ALTERNATIVES???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MDW SUPER DRI ALTERNATIVES???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MDW SUPER DRI ALTERNATIVES???

ORIGINAL: mdwaviation

There are alternatives... But for sure they are NOT the same . nor is CONOSOL (any number). If you want the best and cleanest there is no substitute. If you want to make smoke and dont care and dont mind the clean up and other potential damage to your aircraft, then you can use just about anything. ( but certainly not safely)

If you want the straight poop contact me directly [email protected]

check us out

Our new website is live. You now have the capability to upload videos, comments, and place orders fully on line. Please follow us on FACEBOOK, YOU TUBE, TWITTER and YELP. www.mdwaviation.com We will be having best video contests for free product. Stay tuned

YOU TUBE http://<font color=''#1037a5''><font...</font></font>

FACEBOOK http://<font color=''#1037a5''><font...</font></font>

TWITTER http://twitter.com/MDWAviation

YELP http://www.yelp.com/user_details?use...3t64pqsRHCpQKw

Never mind my last post,,,,,,, Have you guys seen the new Tower Hobbies 5gal pale price???? $125 plus tax n shipping. Seems a bit high ... $25 a gallon??? High performance racing fuel is less than that. What gives????
Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What makes it better, they sell the gallon jug for $23.99.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:09 AM
mdwaviation

Fuel has nothing to do with the pricing. Actually there is nothing that makes sense when it comes to pricing of oil. Here is the straight scoop. when you hear the price of a barrel of oil on the news, the barrel is a 42 gallon barrel. of that 42 gallons one half of one gallon . is made into oil, which goes to things like engine oil, industrial lubricants etc. as well as our smoke oil. We are not a vegatable or plant product. We do start off from that one half of one gallon of the barrel. The refining system are mainly geared to produce as close to 41.5 gallons of fuel as they can. So price fluctuations on the barrel do not really affect the price of "oil". Add to that, that the barrel is traded on the market and when a lawmaker has a hang nail or there is bad weather some where, traders artifically raise and lower the prices, the oil companies love this, consumers get the short end of the stick.

To get to the real biz end of the horse, OIL is different than FUEL. I have been in the OIL distribution biz for 35 years and have seen OIL go down 2 times in the 35 years. Over that time there is a religious price increase on OIL an average of three price increases per year. the last 18 months there have been 6 price increases on OIL. We, MDW realize that this is a hobby for all of our customers. We hadnt had a price increase in since 2008 which meant we were a hobby as well. We strive to provide the best quality smoke oil available. We could sell you all many different things that smoke, are easier on your budget, that we would make a larger profit on, but in the long run we would be dealing with more problems than the money we make is worth.

We do feel your pain and we appreciate your buisness and following. We will not compromise quality just to sell a cheap fluid. Why are we better?........We are cleaner burning, do not harm any materials and the smoke is safe as well. We do not recommend breathing the smoke, as every human reacts differently, but most would be fine in a room filled with our smoke so thick that you cant see a thing. We can not say that for all the others that are out there.

Thank you for your interest. If I can help , please let me know what we can do.

[email protected]

Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuel has nothing to do with the pricing. Actually there is nothing that makes sense when it comes to pricing of oil. Here is the straight scoop. when you hear the price of a barrel of oil on the news, the barrel is a 42 gallon barrel. of that 42 gallons one half of one gallon . is made into oil, which goes to things like engine oil, industrial lubricants etc. as well as our smoke oil. We are not a vegatable or plant product. We do start off from that one half of one gallon of the barrel. The refining system are mainly geared to produce as close to 41.5 gallons of fuel as they can. So price fluctuations on the barrel do not really affect the price of ''oil''. Add to that, that the barrel is traded on the market and when a lawmaker has a hang nail or there is bad weather some where, traders artifically raise and lower the prices, the oil companies love this, consumers get the short end of the stick.

To get to the real biz end of the horse, OIL is different than FUEL. I have been in the OIL distribution biz for 35 years and have seen OIL go down 2 times in the 35 years. Over that time there is a religious price increase on OIL an average of three price increases per year. the last 18 months there have been 6 price increases on OIL. We, MDW realize that this is a hobby for all of our customers. We hadnt had a price increase in since 2008 which meant we were a hobby as well. We strive to provide the best quality smoke oil available. We could sell you all many different things that smoke, are easier on your budget, that we would make a larger profit on, but in the long run we would be dealing with more problems than the money we make is worth.

We do feel your pain and we appreciate your buisness and following. We will not compromise quality just to sell a cheap fluid. Why are we better?........We are cleaner burning, do not harm any materials and the smoke is safe as well. We do not recommend breathing the smoke, as every human reacts differently, but most would be fine in a room filled with our smoke so thick that you cant see a thing. We can not say that for all the others that are out there.

Thank you for your interest. If I can help , please let me know what we can do.

[email protected]

How about do a special pricing for the hobby, or mayby do a discounted price every 6 months, then we buy it in bulk, think about it. Thanks Joe C!!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

They already do have a special for bulk, it is only $14.29 per gallon in a 55 gallon drum.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We hadnt had a price increase in since 2008 which meant we were a hobby as well. We strive to provide the best quality smoke oil available. Thank you for your interest. If I can help , please let me know what we can do.

[email protected]

Why does the price keep increasing then? Mybe I'm missing sonething here.

~confused.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 AM
mdwaviation

I have a special on facebook. But that aside. It really comes down to freight unfortunately. It cost as much to ship one drum as 4 drums. Get a good size order to one destination and contact me. We are willing to listen.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
mdwaviation

it keeps rising simply because the oil companies CAN. no other reason. let us not forget that the world is oil dependant and for no other reason the oil companies can do what they want. You cant go to the latrine without oil and fuel. the plumber / contractor/ or you couldnt install a toilet without oil. Dont try to make sense out of oil prices. it will never make sense. So NO you are not confused.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 AM
AFTERBURNER1

What would the price per gallon be with a 55 gal drum shipped to California?

Probably worse than $25 per gallon after you add the shipping.

Don't get me wrong,,, your smoke juice is the best but at a buck n a quarter for five gal my friends and i will start buying Fastenal concrete form release fluid. Almost as good (a bit grey) but for half the price it makes sense....
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
mdwaviation

need a zipcode to be specific. Dude I cant blame you. Just know form oils are mostly kerosene. It loves to eat stuff as well. clean very well after use. dont be fooled over time it has a bad affect. And Im sure you have more time invested than money in your hobby. Thanks for the good conversation We encourage it.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
AFTERBURNER1

need a zipcode to be specific. Dude I cant blame you. Just know form oils are mostly kerosene. It loves to eat stuff as well. clean very well after use. dont be fooled over time it has a bad affect. And Im sure you have more time invested than money in your hobby. Thanks for the good conversation We encourage it.

Why don't you just make me the so cal MDW rep.. I'll wear a polo shirt at meets for you. And a 55 gal sample drum too!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 AM
mdwaviation

checking freight will let you know may be a day. trying to be creative.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Give me a Polo shirt also.

$125 plus shipping is WAAYYYY too much. Fastenal is $64 for 5 gallons. I've spilt it, smelled it and it is a bit yellow but so far has left no residue.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: ravill

Give me a Polo shirt also.

$125 plus shipping is WAAYYYY too much. Fastenal is $64 for 5 gallons. I've spilt it, smelled it and it is a bit yellow but so far has left no residue.
I concur with the raffola!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
mdwaviation

<colgroup><col width="100"></col><col width="100"></col><col width="100"></col></colgroup>
 Here is our best deal one drum vs 4 drum order to CA zip code 92807 

1 drum 4 drums
freight $219.00 $322.00
Smoke Oil $785.95 $2,662.00

total order $1,004.95 $2,984.00
Per gallon $18.27 $13.56

this format stinks for quoting. first column is one drum second column is 4 drums. but you get the idea. freight is the killer, plactic bottles labor etc cost money too. everything in life is based on quantity especially in the oil biz up to a point.  Let us know when to ship the 4 drums and t-shirts

We know you all can make smoke with a lot of things, Heck we perfected the fluid. We also know what the cheap stuff does to expensive hobby equipment.  We hope you keep flying with smoke and hope when you need the very best that you choose Super*Dri.  
Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This stuff is just too expensive! How about we just attach some toilet paper to our planes and pretend it's smoke?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
ravill

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your diplomatic answer. How about you sell it to us for 13.56 a gallon (In quantities that normal humans can carry) and we will continue to be loyal Super Dri customers. I might even buy my own Super Dri polo shirt.

Sincerely Yours,

Rafael
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
mdwaviation

i am at 4 drums at a time. wish we could.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM
ravill

Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...........We know you all can make smoke with a lot of things, Heck we perfected the fluid. We also know what the cheap stuff does to expensive hobby equipment.

a man can buy a whole lot of hobby equipment with the money he saved using the Fastenal form oil.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:18 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Yup!!!! I think all of the Cali boys will be pumping alternative liquids.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
mdwaviation

cool stay in touch  . When the greenie weenies start to catch up with the rc community blowing smoke come on back.  the alternatives wont satisfy them. We can.  safe flying.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:03 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool stay in touch . When the greenie weenies start to catch up with the rc community blowing smoke come on back. the alternatives wont satisfy them. We can. safe flying.
Statements like this is why I will look for alternatives. From a modeler standpoint you are price gouging. It cost us $6 a gallon for fuel, yet you want $25 for oil? My wallet will do the talking here. This is a great BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY for someone to market a competing product.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been using Carnea E22 for everyday flying and save the Super Dri for events.

$11.72 per flight (60oz) for smoke is just to much. $8 for kero and oil per flight (150oz).
Old 09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

At Jets over Kentucky this year I used 13 gallons of smoke oil between the Tucano and the Lightning. God bless Robart and their Liquid Sky or I would have not been using smoke so much. Dave and the gang kept me going the entire event...thanks!

MDW, there has to be a better way to get the stuff because $25 a gallon is just too expensive.

Beave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.