Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

tips for engine mounting to fan assembly

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

tips for engine mounting to fan assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 06:38 PM
blackbeard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips for engine mounting to fan assembly

Hi there,

I could use some tips for mounting my engine to the fan assembly. This is my first DF project. I've got an OS65 and a dynamax III. Apparently this engine doesn't quite fit right on the dynamax engine mount because the fan blades aren't able to stay clear of the shroud without shiming the front two mounting holes on the engine with 1/32 piece of brass plate. With no margin for error, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips for drilling the holes into the metal engine mount. Once drilled, do I thread the holes, or get longer mounting bolts and secure them with nuts and washers?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-27-2002, 06:41 PM
mlevings
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips for engine mounting to fan assembly

I think you are referring to a Turbax III fan?? You need to go back and check that all of the stators are properly seated all around the shroud and that the shroud is not distorted. You should not have to shim the engine up any. The holes should be drilled and tapped for the engine. Shoot me an email if you have any more questions, I have a couple of Trubax III fans.

Mark Levings