Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

747 AIR FORCE ONE

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

747 AIR FORCE ONE

Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 747 AIR FORCE ONE

Reason for edit: What's the point....
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

This thread has drifted off the subject somewhat...

For those who are worried about spending the taxpayer's money on a boondoggle, that *may* happen, but as a recipient of several NSF grants and having served on quite a number of NSF grant proposal review panels, I can say that this proposal, if it winds up getting submitted, will get a thorough peer review. Unless Mr. advstol has a *lot* of very persuasive words on novel pedagogical outcomes and broader impact that he hasn't yet shared with us, this proposal is not going too far at NSF. NSF is not an "educational" institution, but a research institution and they fund educational projects to prove new concepts in STEM education, not to keep gang kids off the street - that's the job of several other government agencies and local law enforcement...

Bob
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 PM
advstol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To everyone;
Thank you for your thoughts and ideas, they are very much appreciated, really. I just want to make things a little better for kids that want to know 'how can a 747 (or any other plane for that matter) stay in the air as big and as heavy as it is. Don't you guys want the same thing? isn't that (at least) one of the reasons you got into airplanes & the hobby in the first place, we all want a better place for the next generation, our kids, that is my whole goal, to leave an inheritance for our kids, everybody is not going to agree with you on any given topic, but who said they had to, follow GOD's laws and you will be O.K., and as far as I am concerned this topic is closed, too much energy wasted, time to move on. GOD BLESS AMERICA & good night. (the poem high flight inserted here).
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: advstol

To everyone;
Thank you for your thoughts and ideas, they are very much appreciated, really. I just want to make things a little better for kids that want to know 'how can a 747 (or any other plane for that matter) stay in the air as big and as heavy as it is. Don't you guys want the same thing? isn't that (at least) one of the reasons you got into airplanes & the hobby in the first place, we all want a better place for the next generation, our kids, that is my whole goal, to leave an inheritance for our kids, everybody is not going to agree with you on any given topic, but who said they had to, follow GOD's laws and you will be O.K., and as far as I am concerned this topic is closed, too much energy wasted, time to move on. GOD BLESS AMERICA & good night. (the poem high flight inserted here).
Not to knock your motives but why try to execute it with the most expensive, technically challenging powerplants? You can accomplsh the same goal of understanding flight with a trainer type plane, small engine, big wing, like the payload carrying type projects engineering schools demonstrate every year.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 PM
gelbschnee

I would buy you a pack of notebook paper if you want to make some planes.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

ORIGINAL: DavidR

ORIGINAL: advstol

To everyone;
Not to knock your motives but why try to execute it with the most expensive, technically challenging powerplants? You can accomplsh the same goal of understanding flight with a trainer type plane, small engine, big wing, like the payload carrying type projects engineering schools demonstrate every year.
+1
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

ORIGINAL: Billy

Does that theory apply to women too?

YES!
Shizzaun,
Don't be promoting that twisted thickness up in here. That ain't good [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 07-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Shaun Evans

Ha!

Yeah, so I like fat girls. Now what?? I can't be the only one.... I know Tracy Morgan has my back.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 AM
ctripodi

I checked out your website and I agree with the rest of the crowd. There is no legitimate information on your website. Very oddly, you are trying to build a turbine powered model of Air Force One jet at a realistic scale. I am hoping you are not someone with obscure intentions (terrorist) to pull off some stunt. This the second weird post I have read in the last month. I hope Homeland Security is monintoring these types of messages. Last month another guy was asking how far our radio transmitters could reach and if he could expand the flight capability of a model airplane beyond 10, 000 feet and with camera on board. These type of people should be reported to DHS.

Now go home to mama and cry!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha!

Yeah, so I like fat girls. Now what?? I can't be the only one.... I know Tracy Morgan has my back.
Just you and Patrick Frost (Frosty). Bam! That's it. And Tracy Morgan just says that for the shocking comedy in it!
To each their own. Just don't make me watch!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 AM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: ctripodi

I checked out your website and I agree with the rest of the crowd. There is no legitimate information on your website. Very oddly, you are trying to build a turbine powered model of Air Force One jet at a realistic scale. I am hoping you are not someone with obscure intentions (terrorist) to pull off some stunt. This the second weird post I have read in the last month. I hope Homeland Security is monintoring these types of messages. Last month another guy was asking how far our radio transmitters could reach and if he could expand the flight capability of a model airplane beyond 10, 000 feet and with camera on board. These type of people should be reported to DHS.

Now go home to mama and cry!

I agree

i believe if he really wanted to "do it for the kids" he would be happy with 10 RTF trainers and a few gallons of glow. He would make more of direct impact on an individual level, more-so than the oohs and ahhs from a giant model of an Air Fore One
Old 07-29-2009, 02:24 AM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Ha!

Just you and Patrick Frost (Frosty). Bam! That's it. And Tracy Morgan just says that for the shocking comedy in it!
To each their own. Just don't make me watch!

LOL,

Yeah, methinks thou dost protest too much....
Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 AM
imprtkid04

I saw this on the homepage and decided to take a peak, First id like to say that ive never even seen an r/c plane fly let alone build one, mine are trucks/cars. However id like to add my two cents, while building a big aircraft maybe something that you think may intrest the kids (and you may be right), its going to take time. What you have to seriously consider if your planning to help the kids, is how to keep them interested. Building something to this scale is going to take more time than you have with the kids, Realisticly 1-5 kids at max will stay for the whole project. How is a child/teen going to take it seriously knowing that chances of them completing it or having the satifaction of seeing it fly are slim? When i was in middle school we had an aircraft class (elective of course) and we all had the biggest smiles on our faces learning about it and making one from balsa, wax paper, and a rubber band. I admire the fact you want to do it period, let alone LA, however realisticly you will have to downsize it for your plan to work in todays schools. You are on the right track, just take other things into consideration so that you are actualy helping and not discouraging. (ie. kids moving, kids getting transfered, making it fit into a semester/quarter/or year, and most of all making sure they will be able to finish and see the finished product work)

Just some constructive criticism, as someone said before Keep It Simple.

To everyone else please excuse my grammer,spelling, and the fact im not even an r/c plane guy.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Dan M

ORIGINAL: ctripodi

They said they already know about it .

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish Patrick Frost would get on here and explain to them the theory behind (no pun intended) the mathematical equations related to the potential aerodynamics of a corpulent women in thongs riding Airforce One. Now that would give a few kids an education they wouldn't forget.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
ThomasP

Andy,

Corpulent, is that a lady with a fuller fugure?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: ThomasP

Andy,

Corpulent, is that a lady with a fuller fugure?
Corpulent (adjective) : comes complete with built-in cup-holder.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13072.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1245933  
Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
bahamadude

Hi All

I belive this kid needs direction. Its obvious he is a big thinker, but his energy and efforts need to be channelled properly.

Its normal for a kid to be excited and have little arrogance. We all had mentors at some point in time and needed guidance on leadership and character development.

Perhaps, if possible for someone to show him the principles of flight and if he decides to come up the ranks and taught to be humble am sure he would make a really awsome student.

He can start out with foamy planes and through his efforts can cause many school students nationwide join in on the fun/hobby/sport.

Hey dont kill his spirit.

Train him in the way he should grow and when he is old it will not depart from him.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

This would be a major undertaking. There is a guy in the UK with experience of large models called Gordon Nichols. He has built and crashed two B 52s so if you can get him on your side he can give some things to do and more important what to avoid.

[link=http://www.vicstunt.com/B52-TurbineBomber/B52.htm#C]CLICKY[/link]
Old 07-29-2009, 06:52 PM
j.duncker

I AM ALSO ABOUT TO DO A MAJOR CLEAN UP ON THIS THREAD. I WILL NOT BE INFORMING PEOPLE WHY THEIR POSTS HAVE BEEN DELETED.

YOU KNOW WHY THEY ARE GONE SO NO WHINING!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: bahamadude

Hi All

I belive this kid needs direction. Its obvious he is a big thinker, but his energy and efforts need to be channelled properly.

Its normal for a kid to be excited and have little arrogance. We all had mentors at some point in time and needed guidance on leadership and character development.

Perhaps, if possible for someone to show him the principles of flight and if he decides to come up the ranks and taught to be humble am sure he would make a really awsome student.

He can start out with foamy planes and through his efforts can cause many school students nationwide join in on the fun/hobby/sport.

Hey dont kill his spirit.

Train him in the way he should grow and when he is old it will not depart from him.

Thanks
Bahamadude ... the PO is apparenlty not a kid, even though that's an understandable conclusion to reach from some of the posts.

Gordon
Old 07-29-2009, 07:14 PM
j.duncker

Default RE: [Deleted]

Taking my mods hat off for a moment.

I remember reading about a couple of guys who thought they could build a flying machine.

Most of the rest of the world poo pooed their dreams after all how could two bicycle repairmen succeed when the experts had failed. Then came Kittyhawk 1903.

Oh yes my point
Wilbur Wright had written a letter of request to the Smithsonian Institution for information about flight experiments
I wonder if he was treated in the same way as the thread starter has been treated here.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is not that video of the Harrier in the desert the one built by the guy out west that made his own turbines and the worked for AMT USA for a while? His name escapes me right now.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Dan M

Default RE: [Deleted]

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

Taking my mods hat off for a moment.

I remember reading about a couple of guys who thought they could build a flying machine.

Most of the rest of the world poo pooed their dreams after all how could two bicycle repairmen succeed when the experts had failed. Then came Kittyhawk 1903.

Oh yes my point
Wilbur Wright had written a letter of request to the Smithsonian Institution for information about flight experiments
I wonder if he was treated in the same way as the thread starter has been treated here.
Apparently you didn't read the thread before you went on a deletion rampage , have fun riding the high horse you are on since i am fairly sure you forgot the saddle .
Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Is not that video of the Harrier in the desert the one built by the guy out west that made his own turbines and the worked for AMT USA for a while? His name escapes me right now.
I believe the name of the guy you are talking about is Ewald Schuster (or something similar). RCU id 'Pegasus'.

I'd be very surprised if this is the same guy, as Ewald always came across as very smart, articulate, and darn humble for such a smart guy.

Gordon

Edit - OK - saw on his site that "This is my friend Ewald flying HIS 1/6th scale r/c harrier, the photos on this site are of MY 1/7Th scale model Harrier, mine is still in R&D," - so the video has nothing at all to do with the OP's aircraft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.