Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How Many Fly Eagle Jets (FEJ) pipes have failed? 26 so far & counting

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How Many Fly Eagle Jets (FEJ) pipes have failed? 26 so far & counting

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How Many Fly Eagle Jets (FEJ) pipes have failed? 26 so far & counting

I'm trying to get a feel for how many people have had FEJ pipes fail. If there are enough I might look into a class action.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How Many Fly Eagle Jets (FEJ) pipes have failed? 26 so far & counting

i didn't allow mine to fail, when it started rippling and worsening with every run i replaced it and not trying to be my usual abrasive self but why keep dwelling on this pipe issue? it's over done with gone, like myself, you got what you paid for with the FEJ experience.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
AndyAndrews

Default RE: How Many Fly Eagle Jets (FEJ) pipes have failed? 26 so far & counting

ORIGINAL: KC36330

i didn't allow mine to fail, when it started rippling and worsening with every run i replaced it and not trying to be my usual abrasive self but why keep dwelling on this pipe issue? it's over done with gone, like myself, you got what you paid for with the FEJ experience.
Thats easy for you to say you didn't lose anything. My pipe wasn't rippling. It simply fell appart after the first flight.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
autorot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello Andy

some stat here in france
Model that i know and pipe failure:

5 F18 1/7, one flew.. and one pipe failure at the second flight with P180 ;: Crash
3 F16 1/8 , 3 flew, 2 Pipe failure after 9 flight on one and 15 for the other with merlin 90 (new strong version for P120, said james...)
1 F15 1/9, with merlin 160 pipe failure after 3 fligth, serious damage on the rear
1 F16 1/5,5 , pipe failure at the first run! (frank turbne raptor 19 kg)

Good and pretty plane fly eagle... on the rack.. not in the sky!

At the begining fly eagle sold many plane here ... now it's really few... too many problems due to lack of develpment, and bad material (pipe, gear, leak...)

Best regards,

Sébastien

Old 08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: autorot

hello Andy

some stat here in france
Model that i know and pipe failure:

5 F18 1/7, one flew.. and one pipe failure at the second flight with P180 ;: Crash
3 F16 1/8 , 3 flew, 2 Pipe failure after 9 flight on one and 15 for the other with merlin 90 (new strong version for P120, said james...)
1 F15 1/9, with merlin 160 pipe failure after 3 fligth, serious damage on the rear
1 F16 1/5,5 , pipe failure at the first run! (frank turbne raptor 19 kg)

Good and pretty plane fly eagle... on the rack.. not in the sky!

At the begining fly eagle sold many plane here ... now it's really few... too many problems due to lack of develpment, and bad material (pipe, gear, leak...)

Best regards,

Sébastien

Ok so far the tally is:

6 EA F-18 1/7
3 EA F-16 1/8
1 EA F-15 1/9
1 EA F-16 1/5

Any more? Lets keep this list up. People need to know this info.

Andy
Old 08-03-2009, 03:32 PM
lozza1965

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

following this with interest putting my 1/8 F16 together at the moment, must admit airframe appears ok just the hardware thats crap, was only discussing yesterday about putting in a Wren pipe to go with the SS, don't trust the pipe supplied anymore, just like their door rams bloody useless they just sent me some of the new style ones, they leak waste of time, though i stripped down their original ones put in some new seals cleaned them all out and added some silicone grease and now they work a treat, sadly unable to reweld the scabby thrust pipe

lozza
Old 08-03-2009, 04:58 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Thats easy for you to say you didn't lose anything.

sure i did, when i had all i could stand of their wonderful customer service and the 'We have to you 3 day' that i could stand i sold one NIB Advanced F-16 and another one that i spent over 1000 bucks and countless hours of my time trying to fix what they wouldn't for $1300 shipped (cost me over 200 of that to ship them) and considered myself lucky when i did as they stayed on the market for over 6 months with me dropping the price down.......down.........down until someone thought they were getting a good enough deal.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I highly doubt that any law suit with china is going to be worth your time. I really doubt that any manufacture would have given you a brand new airplane because of a pipe failure. But, good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish, I am sincerely sorry you lost your airplane but again, as I say, I can't see any manufacture replacing an entire airplane, or it would be rare to see that. I lost 2 expensive pattern planes years ago due to transmitter failures that were confirmed by Futaba as failures of the transmitter, they upgraded my radio, but didn't replace anything else.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I had 27flights on one of the original FEJM F-16`s with the sport gear. The jet was lost due to i believe a faulty aileron servo mount glue joint. The pipe survived the crash and looks like it has no wear at all. This is a single pipe and most of the complaints have been with the bifurcated type.
V..
Old 08-03-2009, 05:27 PM
KC36330

Vin

my pipe was a straight pipe and it started rippling the inner pipe after just a few runs (never a hot start and it was a P-70 so not oversized for the pipe either) and I'm sure if i had continued using it, it would have collapsed (just like the nose gear collapsed on every landing and most take off attempts). but i paid less for the entire ARF from FEJ then i would have another Sky Master airframe with no gear/pipe/tanks/etc... so it wasn't a big surprise to me that the pipe wasn't of significant quality. they made a very high quality airframe and the paint was good but the hardware/gear/cylinders/pipe were all junk and by the time i had replaced that i had as much invested as if I'd of bought the SM to start with. i wasn't thrilled at loosing that much $$$ when it was all said and done but i got over it and the only ill feelings toward FEJ is i don't plan on buying another of their jets without knowing before hand I'll likely have to replace everything but the airframe
Old 08-03-2009, 05:40 PM
dsr71
My Feedback: (171)

i had a pipe fail in my 1/9 f-15 to be fair the previous owner had a hot start so i kept a close eye on the pipe , the last flight with the old pipe the planes trim changed so i landed and when cooling the engine down i could see the pipe was touching the wood former on the bottom of the fuse and could see daylight in places inside the pipe where there should not be got lucy that there was no damage to the plane just the pipe ,contacted fej told them that i had an early model f-15 and they sold me another pipe and shipped it for $150 when it arrived in 6 days it was much heavier than the original and just felt stronger but it was still the same design so i will have to keep an eye on this one as well because the old pipe did not fail at the hot start area but at the welds at the bifrication point alot of spot welds were half on the seems and to far apart here is a pic of the pipe old pipe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33794.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1249558  
Old 08-03-2009, 05:44 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: KC36330

Vin

my pipe was a straight pipe and it started rippling the inner pipe after just a few runs (never a hot start and it was a P-70 so not oversized for the pipe either) and I'm sure if i had continued using it, it would have collapsed (just like the nose gear collapsed on every landing and most take off attempts). but i paid less for the entire ARF from FEJ then i would have another Sky Master airframe with no gear/pipe/tanks/etc... so it wasn't a big surprise to me that the pipe wasn't of significant quality. they made a very high quality airframe and the paint was good but the hardware/gear/cylinders/pipe were all junk and by the time i had replaced that i had as much invested as if I'd of bought the SM to start with. i wasn't thrilled at loosing that much $$$ when it was all said and done but i got over it and the only ill feelings toward FEJ is i don't plan on buying another of their jets without knowing before hand I'll likely have to replace everything but the airframe
jet type and scale?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

I highly doubt that any law suit with china is going to be worth your time. I really doubt that any manufacture would have given you a brand new airplane because of a pipe failure. But, good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish, I am sincerely sorry you lost your airplane but again, as I say, I can't see any manufacture replacing an entire airplane, or it would be rare to see that. I lost 2 expensive pattern planes years ago due to transmitter failures that were confirmed by Futaba as failures of the transmitter, they upgraded my radio, but didn't replace anything else.
I know of a guy who not only got a new transmitter from JR but also about a dozen 8711s. Just because you were not successful does not mean that others can't be. I may not be able to affect the company in China, but I can sure make things uncomfortable for their USA office.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:49 PM
AndyAndrews

Ok so far the tally is:

6 EA F-18 1/7
3 EA F-16 1/8
2 EA F-15 1/9
1 EA F-16 1/5

Andy
Old 08-03-2009, 05:55 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

They have a US office?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:59 PM
KC36330

jet type and scale?

1/8th F-16

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

They have a US office?
James in Maryland.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:38 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Ok so far the tally is:

6 EA F-18 1/7
3 EA F-16 1/8
2 EA F-15 1/9
1 EA F-16 1/5

Andy
Actually since 10 of those were in a foreign country, you're back to two for the USA office. Your's and one other. Not much of a class for your suit, but hey if it makes you happy!

David S
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

andy, hate to see a jet go in. but here is my worthless 2 cents. last year i sat in my pits at a scale fly in for all types models. a fellow modelor came over and had some interest in getting into jets. he was pretty set on what he wanted. it was the new big fej f18. man he told me the details for at least half an hour, including price. i new nothing of fej at the time, but i told him with that price it will not be worth it. it never is. so on the outside you have the finished out model, but it is the inside that keeps her flying. and i figured (with nothing more then common sense) that it will be a short lived jet. reasons? my old weakest link in the chain theory, and i imagined a jet at this price to have a pretty soft chain. maybe it is the tailpipe, maybe the landing gear, but if i was in vegas, my money would be on something that would shorten the life of the model. lastly, i hate to be a negative thinker, but i feel the same way about the fej swing wing jets too. dont get me wrong, i think that 14 and tornado look cool as can be, but my brain tells me the euphoria will leave my body as i watch my 3500 dollar turbine and goodies become a metoer as my wing shucks off. i am not picking on fej alone. it is this way with all things from china. quality is all over the map, from models to shoes to appliances. they are not even the same from production run to production run. skymaster seems to have the best quality from china but it is a far cry from the engineering of every detail of a bvm or jmp. i guess it is a risk vs price thing. sorry to rant, but i dont think the class action in china is going to do anything for your pocket book but be a total walletectomy for you. good luck and come on down to bomberfield in sept for the big fly in. just bring a good pipe. barry
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
AndyAndrews

Ok so far the tally is:

6 EA F-18 1/7
4 EA F-16 1/8
2 EA F-15 1/9
1 EA F-16 1/5

Andy
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

They have a US office?
Yes the infamous "James" lives in the USA and runs an office from here.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Ok so far the tally is:

6 EA F-18 1/7
3 EA F-16 1/8
2 EA F-15 1/9
1 EA F-16 1/5

Andy
Actually since 10 of those were in a foreign country, you're back to two for the USA office. Your's and one other. Not much of a class for your suit, but hey if it makes you happy!

David S
lol, Hey I'm still in the "Discovery" process.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:32 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: u2fast

andy, hate to see a jet go in. but here is my worthless 2 cents. last year i sat in my pits at a scale fly in for all types models. a fellow modelor came over and had some interest in getting into jets. he was pretty set on what he wanted. it was the new big fej f18. man he told me the details for at least half an hour, including price. i new nothing of fej at the time, but i told him with that price it will not be worth it. it never is. so on the outside you have the finished out model, but it is the inside that keeps her flying. and i figured (with nothing more then common sense) that it will be a short lived jet. reasons? my old weakest link in the chain theory, and i imagined a jet at this price to have a pretty soft chain. maybe it is the tailpipe, maybe the landing gear, but if i was in vegas, my money would be on something that would shorten the life of the model. lastly, i hate to be a negative thinker, but i feel the same way about the fej swing wing jets too. dont get me wrong, i think that 14 and tornado look cool as can be, but my brain tells me the euphoria will leave my body as i watch my 3500 dollar turbine and goodies become a metoer as my wing shucks off. i am not picking on fej alone. it is this way with all things from china. quality is all over the map, from models to shoes to appliances. they are not even the same from production run to production run. skymaster seems to have the best quality from china but it is a far cry from the engineering of every detail of a bvm or jmp. i guess it is a risk vs price thing. sorry to rant, but i dont think the class action in china is going to do anything for your pocket book but be a total walletectomy for you. good luck and come on down to bomberfield in sept for the big fly in. just bring a good pipe. barry
Thanks for the comments Barry. You put a smile on my face. I really agree with everything you are saying. I just think these guys are getting off of this issue waaay to easily. Their lame attempt at pacifying people by offering the "YOU PICK YOUR PIPE" program (after mine disintgrated in the air) and the audacity of them posting the pick of my wet start - without my permission btw, on thier commercial sight rubs me raw. FEJ is simply getting away with holy hell and it just seems like business as usual for them.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: u2fast

I'm glad someone else FINALLY spoke up about what i have been saying ever since pics of the interior of those jets what released.

Good luck in whatever endeavors your persuing. Your bad luck, has probably saved others alot.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:23 AM
KC36330

.............. it just seems like business as usual for them.

that's Chinese business at its finest.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 AM
roger8568
My Feedback: (23)

Ok we have a Talley of 12/ 13 jets that went in[X(]. Argument pipes were bad. Defense did you do a complete preflight check? yes/ Do you have proof?... No /Why didn't you check the aircraft before flight?.... Argument did you check with manufacture for defects prior to flight? YES / Why did you fly the aircraft?... NO/ Assumptions are what causes crashes. I lost an aircraft I really liked, at a show. Another pilot went through my right wing. Even though he flew in behind me, ascended in a upward motion while flying a faster aircraft. I had to eat crow on that one. It only cost me $500 for my aircraft. Although yours cost in the $1000 ba lawsuit can and will cost in the double digits. you in the long run will get a $1600 dollar plane. you will still need to get a pipe, LG, engine, and electronics[&o]. You might want to do the math and save $$$ time and heartache[sm=idea.gif].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.