Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

"HELP PLEASE" Stolen items.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

"HELP PLEASE" Stolen items.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 02:20 PM
shockwave
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "HELP PLEASE" Stolen items.

Hey Guys,

I just had my truck broken into last night and I am trying to get the word out for people to keep their eyes open; hopefully we can chatch these *****#%&*!. I filed a police report this morning and I will be updating this thread later today with pictures.

I live in Pacifica CA

Items Stolen:

New JR 10X Radio with 2.4 module. in JR case " has a black sticker on the back side that says "for jet fuel only".
2 10 channel recievers. Not sure of the model yet.
JR Data Safe II.

2nd Case a little larger than the JR Case
2 Thunderpower 1010 Chargers
2 210 Ballancers attached to the chargers
3 New Tenergy 5000 MH batteries with Deans connectors
2 Thermal Temp Checker
Tools and lots of interface addapeters.

If anyone hears of anything or see postings on Ebay Craigs list RCgroups could you please point those ads my way?

I really feel screwed and I don't have the funds to replace these items.

Thanks alot guys.

David Mosher
959 Crespi Drive
Pacifica CA. 94044
650-255-3266

Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 PM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE:

David, this totally sucks. Let me know if you want to borrow a tx / rx for Fresno Jet. I have a Futaba 12Z in mode 2 that I don't use.

Arnaud
Old 09-12-2009, 03:51 PM
shockwave

Default RE: RE:

Thanks Arnaud,

I appreciate the offer.

I am trying to figure out what I need so I can try to go to Fresno next week. Turns out that I also had 4 modules in the JR case; I just am Frustrated that this happened. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Insurance companies about this type of thing? Also has anyone done a claim to AMA before; I know that I have to go through my Home owners policy first but I am hoping that AMA might cover something?

Anyway

Thanks again.

David.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:56 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE:

First thing is the car ins. Did you have thift coverage?. Second in home owners and third is AMA. Also did you have damage to the truck? that is a requirment for the AMA. I'm too far away to be of any help. Sorry about your loss. Dennis
Old 09-12-2009, 04:01 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

I hope it shows up Dave, offer still here if you need it
Old 09-12-2009, 05:22 PM
R0bBeckett

Default RE:

Sorry for your loss. Find every reciept you can for the insurance companys and make copies in case they loose them.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE:

Dave - can't help with the 2.4 module, but I have a spare JR 10X transmitter that you are welcome to borrow for Fresno & beyond, if you can find another source for the module.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Gordon Mc

Default RE:

BTW, I also have a datasafe in case you want to transfer your model settings from wherever you've backed 'em up, to a borrowed TX.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Mace
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE:

Sounds to me like someone wanted to cash them in for drugs. I would go to the nearby pawn shops and check there first. Next time you have cases, cover them up. People see cases and instantly think money. Criminals usually always take something with a handle on it because it is easy to carry.

MACE
Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 PM
shockwave

Thanks for the offers Guys I really do appreciate it,

I have lived in Pacifica for 12 years now and I have never had any problems, This is one of those places where you have the feeling that you are able to leave your front door unlocked " not saying I do by the way"; guess not any more.

I had my truck locked and the rear windows are dark tint " can't really seen in the back". I had the cases behind my seats on the floor with a plane on top of them; I was packed up so I could leave early this morning to go film and do some flying in the afternoon.

Guess its a hard lesson learned. I just hope that Insurance will help me out; I started adding everything up that I had stuffed in these cases over the years " not to mention my camera equipment" and the number is hard to swallow.

I am tying to put together pictures and flyers that I will hand out to the local hobby / pawn shops.

Keeping my fingers crossed that something will eventually turn up.

Thanks again for the support.

David.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:29 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: shockwave

Thanks for the offers Guys I really do appreciate it,

I have lived in Pacifica for 12 years now and I have never had any problems, This is one of those places where you have the feeling that you are able to leave your front door unlocked '' not saying I do by the way''; guess not any more.

I had my truck locked and the rear windows are dark tint '' can't really seen in the back''. I had the cases behind my seats on the floor with a plane on top of them; I was packed up so I could leave early this morning to go film and do some flying in the afternoon.

Guess its a hard lesson learned. I just hope that Insurance will help me out; I started adding everything up that I had stuffed in these cases over the years '' not to mention my camera equipment'' and the number is hard to swallow.

I am tying to put together pictures and flyers that I will hand out to the local hobby / pawn shops.

Keeping my fingers crossed that something will eventually turn up.

Thanks again for the support.

David.

Someone follow you home from your field????
Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 AM
shockwave

Not that I know of, People in my area do know that I have jets though. Often people like to bring there kids by when I am working in the driveway; I think its probably just some 15-20 year old punks that have nothing better to do and they probably dont know what they have.

Maybe someone will open their mouth to the wrong person. I was thinking of offering a reward that might cause someone to drop the dime.

I don't think it was anyone from my Field since I drive a good distance to get there " 75 miles"
Old 09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE:

A faceplate was stolen from my CD player in my car several months ago. By an absolute miracle, I happened to find it on craigslist a week later when I looked on a hunch. I called the sheriff (I had done a police report). Two weeks later, they called and had recovered it as well as several other faceplates, cell phones, GPSs, bluetooths, a set of golf clubs, some tennis rackets, couple radar detectors - a whole pile of stuff. Turns out it was 3 teenage punks one of whom lives in my neighborhood. So watching craigslist, ebay and the like is for sure a good idea.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE:

Woah, sorry Dave!

I have a 72 mghz module for my 12x mv that you can borrow. I don't know if it fits the 10x, but you're welcome to try.

Bummer man.

Raf
Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

I know it's a long shot, but you could post some flyers and post them around the area, local buisnesses, pawn shops near by and go put some in peoples mail box if you are allowed to. I know it sounds crazy, but if it is kids, there parents may have no clue as to where there kids get this stuff. I know my next door neighbor house got broke into when he was at work. They took all his guns, cameras, stuff like that. Found out it was some punks 3 houses down from him. If yours is the only one that got broke into, then they either followed you home one day or they have seen you outside with your stuff and prob. locals.

Hope you find your stuff. Nothing worse then a thief.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE:

Sorry to hear about this David. Hope you get yer stuff back!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Make a claim with the AMA, I did when I was hit...they paid out some and some is better than none.

Sorry again, I know exactly how you feel, believe me if I catch them I will beat them for you and for me!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Mark Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

Dave,
Get me your minimum equipment list you need to make it to Fresno, and I will do my best to get it for you.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Mark Taylor

Dave,
Get me your minimum equipment list you need to make it to Fresno, and I will do my best to get it for you.
OUTSTANDING!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Mace
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

ORIGINAL: Mark Taylor

Dave,
OUTSTANDING!

Very much so!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

David,
PM Sent....!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
FILE IFR

You guys are AWESOME!

Dave, hope the stolen gear gets back to you.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:16 AM
shockwave

WOW Guys,

I am completely overwhelmed by the show of support; THANK YOU ALL very much for your offers to lend me equipment "so I can attend Fresno Jets" and even offers to help me to replace equipment at a reduced cost. The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me; I have seen numerous times where a guy was in a hole and 10 hands were there to help pull him out.

I have some good news to report, tonight around 7:40 I got a call from a guy"Mike" in Daily City who said he had found some of my equipment; I had thrown a couple of business cards in the back of my cases" fortunately my office number had not changed when we moved to a different building". Anyway the good Samaritan brought over what he had found and most of my charging equipment was intact along with my new Lipo batteries. I am missing some tools and my Thermal guns but what is there looks like its in good condition. The police came around 9pm to take down additional info then and took my case to see if they could get some prints. My guess is the guys looked at my charging equipment and didn't know what to make of it. Hell, Mike said he thought the contents it looked like a bomb at first; glad he didn't call the bomb squad.

The Police also said that they have another case that sounds like it has some of my Radio gear; I will know more tomorrow when I stop at the station.

I doubt that I will find my camera gear but who knows; this morning I didn't think I would see anything again.

Thanks again for the support Guys!

David.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Gordon Mc

Default RE:

Glad to hear that there may be at least a partial happy ending to this story !

If your radio gear HAS been found - may I suggest that you please redo your range checks etc before you fly with it at Fresno ? You never know how your equipment has been mishandled, dropped, thrown around etc. while it's been out of your hands.

Gordon
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
hiflyerjr

Dave,
This is Jose from Stockton, glad to hear that you got some of your stuff back. I have a 10x and 2.4 module if you need it.
I too had my whole truck stolen about 4 years ago, with wings in bags tools and stuff. It sucks. Truck was found 3 day later, totally empty. My insurance at the time would pay 80% of replacement cost only if i had original receipts.Without receipts pennies on the dollar. They also said that my premiums woud go up over the next 3 years. Put a claim with A.M.A. they said that my homeowners came first. Needless to say took it as a loss. I know the feeling of being robed. Good Luck
Jose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.