Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

• CA Jets V •

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

• CA Jets V •

Old 02-20-2010, 03:29 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: • CA Jets V •

Wow I am reconsidering going to the event since I herd from Chad/( Sin City Jets) That he will be donating a EVO JET TURBINE Free to the pilots for the most flights done at the event. Wow a prize for the pilots by a sponsor for no money, what a concept! Looking forward to my chance at that baby. Can I say HOT FUEL ANYONE?

Ron Long
Old 02-20-2010, 03:32 PM
RonLongAZ

I can see the nut cuppin is starting early this year! Can I say L-39 ride with a follow up dinner at PF Changs ?

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93307.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1383126  
Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Making plans now!
Where the closest airport?
Looking for a motorhome co. also.
Scott
Old 02-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: RonLongAZ

Wow I am reconsidering going to the event since I herd from Chad/( Sin City Jets) That he will be donating a EVO JET TURBINE Free to the pilots for the most flights done at the event. Wow a prize for the pilots by a sponsor for no money, what a concept! Looking forward to my chance at that baby. Can I say HOT FUEL ANYONE?

Ron Long
Ron Unfortunately the spot that Chad was requesting in order to give his motor away at the event has already been taken, so I am afraid that we were not able to accommodate him.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Dave Presta

.........but we do have some great donations from sponsors that the pilots will be able to win just by registering to the event. Look forward to seeing you there Ron, its going to be a great event.
Dave
Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

We were hoping to crash a little candle light RV action this year.. Or is that just reserved for you and Shu?
Old 02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
RonLongAZ

ORIGINAL: Dave Presta

Ron Long
Ron Unfortunately the spot that Chad was requesting in order to give his motor away at the event has already been taken, so I am afraid that we were not able to accommodate him.
Wow ! that is a bummer. It is too bad something could not have been worked out. When Chad told me that EVO-Jet was donating a motor for the pilots, I was very pleased and looking forward to my chance at the prize. Oh well I will have to chat with Chad and see maybe we can work something out here in AZ.

Ronald R Long
Old 02-20-2010, 04:23 PM
RonLongAZ

ORIGINAL: Ali

We were hoping to crash a little candle light RV action this year.. Or is that just reserved for you and Shu?
Ali,

If I come I will be flying out myself. I will not be bringing the rig. So I am sorry I will not be able to help with the crashing.

Ron
Old 02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Ahhhh come on Ron.. You gotta come! It wont be the same without you!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:40 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

I can see the nut cuppin is starting early this year! Can I say L-39 ride with a follow up dinner at PF Changs ?

Ron

LOL!!![&:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82068.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1383221  
Old 02-20-2010, 05:45 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

Making plans now!
Where the closest airport?
Scott

Good to hear you are coming out with Shulman Scott.. Looking forward to tearing it up with the local boys (Joe C and crew), Dave "Shizzui", yourself and Ali. H-Climbing!!! Should be good times for sure...

Now all we need is "THE RONALD" T-Quister (Gotta have the PACER), Ray Olsen, Wayne and the rest of the AZ Crew!!!

See you gents in five weeks or so..

Doug
Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM
SinCityJets

Ron Long
Ron,

I apologize that I didn't get back to you and let you know that we were not going to be able to give away the engine at California Jets.

Just to clarify for anyone who heard we were going to give away an engine, we had requested a booth or tent near the flight line (to hand out tickets after the pilots flew, and for the great advertising spot) and Dave was unable to provide us the space. We had hoped to do the same thing we did at Sin City Jets and give the pilots a ticket every time they flew, and then Saturday night, give away a brand new engine.

We will look for another large event that can accommodate a tent or booth near the flight line.

We still plan on attending and are looking forward to another great California Jets. Who knows, maybe we will be able to work something out before the event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

Chad
Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know for sure yet that I'll be at the event, but I may as well make hotel reservations just in case.

Where's everyone planing on staying this year ? Best Western screwed a number of people last year (charging higher rates than they stated on the reservation), so that's out. Rodehouse is fine for a regular weekend, but if we are expecting a lot of people it's not big enough for everyone - so maybe it makes more sense for us to centre ourselves around the multiple hotels at the next freeway exit ?? There's a Super-8 and two other large motels right by the Willow-Q if I recall correctly. Anybody know if they are any good ?

Opinions ?

Gordon
Old 02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: jetpilot
Scott - I haven't used either of these, but I've looked at 'em before. They might work for ya:

http://www.aandbrv-rentals.com/
http://rosedalerv.net/contact.html

Old 02-20-2010, 06:22 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Chad, that was a monster generous offer from you. Too bad that for whatever reason it won"t happen.
Gordon- the Rodeway is about the same size as the BW. Should not be a problem for sleepage. Scotty
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: GSR
Gordon- the Rodeway is about the same size as the BW. Should not be a problem for sleepage. Scotty
In the past, we filled up the BestWestern AND much of the Rodeway - if we're avoiding The Bestwestern, that halves the capacity...
Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

It wont happen because there have been rules in place since the beginning of Cali Jets and that's "first come first serve". Strange that something could not be worked out, like a smaller popup out by the flight line for someone to sit in. Sounds like maybe someone was being unreasonable and for the 4 years that this event has been run I have never seen the organizers be unreasonable............hmmmmmmm.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:19 PM
RonLongAZ

ORIGINAL: ianober

It wont happen because there have been rules in place since the beginning of Cali Jets and that's ''first come first serve''. Strange that something could not be worked out, like a smaller popup out by the flight line for someone to sit in. Sounds like maybe someone was being unreasonable and for the 4 years that this event has been run I have never seen the organizers be unreasonable............hmmmmmmm.
I don't know about the rules Ian Last year on my way home from the event, I tried to purchase the whole front row of tents for the next year and pay 1 year in advance. The plan was to make a big hospitality sweet for everyone at my own a few others expenses. Lights, carpet, work stations, BBQ, ect. I don't want to say that the organizers became GREEDY, but We were told that the tents were in such demand that the locations were going to be auctioned to the highest bidder. This is on the Drive home from the event! That does not sound like first come first serve. It sounds like what ever we can get is who gets what. [:-]
So this year we just decided to use our carpet, lights, BBQ, ect under our own easy ups.

Ron
Old 02-20-2010, 09:50 PM
ianober

I have never heard of them auctioning off tents Ron and I am not sure who told you that but sounds like you got some mis-information. Also, I don't know about you but I have never heard of an event reserving a space 1 year in advance, that's just a little over the top. Whats fair is they post in this thread when the tents are available and then the first people to send in their money get the first pick. That sounds pretty fair to me. The bottom line is that for the last 4 years this has been the best run event I have ever been to and that's including Florida Jets. Kenny and Dave are more than fair I think and done surprisingly well considering that more and more people come every year. It just sounds a little weird that Chad cant work something out, I mean if he was truly doing something for the pilots then I would think that just being there and having his donation present with all the other sponsors donations would be enough.

I think you did the right thing Ron, if you didn't like that they wouldn't reserve a year in advance then you decided to bring your own tent and lights and setup your own camp, that's what I would have done. Saves a little money and at the same time you get to do what you want. Just sounds to me that there's more to this than whats been presented. The bottom line is its like any other fly-in, its about hangin out, bullsh$tin and havin a good time.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:07 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What ever the outcome, it shouldn't effect the fun of the event. If I can make, I know it will be a great hang and great flying.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:31 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Is there any particular reason why we can't allow these issues to be worked out in private conversations, with a little maturity, instead of the constant childish bickering, we are starting to become known for? Come on guys, let's put some of these egos in check for the betterment of all. This public back & forth will lead to nothing good for CA Jets or for anyone hoping to participate. My 2 Cents.

David S
Old 02-21-2010, 01:04 AM
ianober

I dont think thats the case Tony, but you're right Dave, I'm out!!! Sometimes I have to remind myself, why do I even bother.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Reverend Russ

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Ron

LOL!!![&:]
Nut Cuppin' already? This thread is going to be good!

Doug,

I'm going to do everything I can to make it for Saturday. I'm stuck at work with all the cuts and it will be tough. If I don't make it, I will do everything I can to come burn some kero with you guys soon...I sure have missed it!

Russ
Old 02-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Dave Presta

For the record, Ron is correct in that he did call me on the way home and wanted to reserve the whole front row. I told him that I was unsure of what we were doing next year and that since some spots were in such high demand and every year people fight over them and are pissed if they don't get the spot that they want that we were going to look into different options. I mentioned that one person, not part of the show, suggested that we charge a few bucks extra for the premo spots and so on..that was the last it was discussed, and we decided not to do that seeing that since day one it has always been first come first serve and that's how we were going to leave it. We decided it would not be fair to charge extra to the pilots just because they wanted to be up front, and left it alone. Each year the tent reservations get announced and everyone has the same opportunity to get their money in and select a spot..plain, simple, and fair in my opinion. Ron I apologize if we did not clarify this long ago, but I totally forgot, seeing that it was not an option we were considering I never thought to call and tell you.
Dave
Old 02-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Dave Presta

Duky, that picture is funny.... Maybe we should give out a box of assorted nuts to the best "Cupper" this year? And before you start placing your bets, I got 10-1 odds that either you or Ron will have more Matza Balls cupped then I will Crumpets!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.