Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PAY PAL ACCOUNT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PAY PAL ACCOUNT

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:42 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PAY PAL ACCOUNT

I guys & gals

I just got this email about my Pay Pal account (Never Used). Should I be concerned??

Dear PayPal user,

We recently reviewed your account and suspect that your PayPal account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the PayPal network is our primary concern therefore we have temporarily limited access to sensitive PayPal account features.

To restore your account access please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Confirm your identity by completing the account verification process.

2. Click the "Confirm" button at the bottom of this page. You will be taken to the Data Security and Encryption page.

3. Login to your PayPal account and review your recent account history for any unauthorized payments sent or received and check your account profile to make sure no changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account report this to PayPal immediately.

To get started please click the "Confirm" link below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for using PayPal!
PayPal Support

Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PAY PAL ACCOUNT

Phishing email to get your account info... ignore it!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

If you're concerned check your account but only by typing in www.paypal.com into your browser and accessing it through the actual paypal site, never click on any links sent to you in an email from paypal, there are tons of scams out there. Chances are 99.999999% that this is a scam, but like I say, if you're concerned then check your paypal account but only by going to paypal's actual website first.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Send this phishing email to : [email protected] They will take care of it and respond to you with results.
Regards,
Eric
Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Pantherman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I have received several of these and every time I send them to the paypal security team they come back and say it is a phising scam. Do not click the links or reply to it. Forward per the previous post and delete it.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

Anything that is addressed to "Dear PayPal User" is fraud. If it is real they are always sent to "Dear (your name)"
Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't follow the directions on the e-mail, report it to Paypal, all Paypal e-mails will always have your name, not "dear paypal user"...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Send it to [email protected] so they can shut it down as soon as possible. It is someone that is running a scam and trying to get your personal information. Good Luck. Dave
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 PM
basimpsn

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

If you're concerned check your account but only by typing in www.paypal.com into your browser and accessing it through the actual paypal site, never click on any links sent to you in an email from paypal, there are tons of scams out there. Chances are 99.999999% that this is a scam, but like I say, if you're concerned then check your paypal account but only by going to paypal's actual website first.
I did try to login to (PAY PAL)but could not. Im going to foward this Email to Pay pal.

Thanks Guys
Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Don't answer it.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 AM
timrob

You didn't try to log in to paypal via the link in the email did you? If you did, you had better go to www.paypal.com and change your password ASAP. Notify paypal that you did this also. They can tell you if you have been compromised.

Tim
Old 09-17-2009, 04:22 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It happens to me at least once a week, do as the others say, it is a phisher!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

I received the same e-mail too, but the funny thing is, I don't have a PayPal account!I received a similar message from Bank of America regarding my account, but I have not been with BOA since 1967. I closed that account waaaay back then.
Darned Phishers!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Mike Emilio

Got that same identical email. It's a PayPal scammer for sure.
Someone trying to get as much personal ID as possible, then bleed you dry $$.

And the best part, , , I don't have a PayPal account !
Old 09-17-2009, 03:14 PM
KC36330

i always like to goto the link and fill in all sorts of bogus information, it's almost as much fun as cross sending junk mail back to the senders in each others 'No Postage Necessary' envelopes so they have to pay postage to get junk mail from another company just like they sent me, the more junk you stuff in there the higher their cost to retrieve it.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:40 PM
basimpsn

ORIGINAL: timrob

You didn't try to log in to paypal via the link in the email did you? If you did, you had better go to www.paypal.com and change your password ASAP. Notify paypal that you did this also. They can tell you if you have been compromised.

Tim
No I did not CLICK on the Email link but was so close [X(] Well I contact pay pal & got a new pswrd. But just to be safe I also delete all my banking info.

You guys are the best Thanks for your advice
Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 PM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

Another tip. Don't use your debt card as your pay source. Just use a regular credit card. I learned the hard way. A scammer bled me of $3000 directly out of my checking account before I caught it. A lot easier to recover funds from a credit card than your bank, while checks are bouncing.

And yet another tip. Keep your PayPal account name and password different than any other login. The scammer got into my account by using a key logger that my anti virus didn't pick-up. He guessed that my daily email login and password were the same as my PayPal account and he was right. The bi-ch of it was, he bought $3000 worth of virtual "Gold" or "power points" or whatever on that online "Warcraft" game. Used my real, hard earned money to by something that doesn't exist??

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Along the same lines, I just got this e-mail:

Dear customer!

Unfortunately we were not able to deliver the package you have sent on the 5th of June in time
because the recipient's address is wrong.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.

DHL Express Services.

Now, I have NEVER sent shipped anything via DHL.................The "invoice copy" is a zip file............

Tailwinds,

John
Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM
ergocentric

Check with paypal? - just a thought.

Together we can help stop fraud.

If you think you’ve received a phishing email:

1. Forward the email to [email protected]
2. Delete the email

Be on the safe side
Go to the My Account tab and click History to check your transaction history for inaccuracies.