Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR binding problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR binding problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:47 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR binding problem

When I go to turn on my 9100 using two 2700 ma NIMH packs with my 9300 2.4. It will not bind right away. Never had this problem before. After a few minutes of trying it will bind and from that point on it will bind fine for the rest of the day. I try everything, including moving away from the plane before switching on the receivers.

I could and will re-bind, but I was wondering what could cause this and if anyone else has had this problem?

It could take 5-6 tries before binding.

Thanks,
Stan
Old 09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
STKNRUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR binding problem

Stan,

I am not sure that I can help you since my experience was a 'little' different than your description.

In my case, the primary receiver would bind but the remote would not. If I turned everything off and then on and tried unplugging, etc. I could get it to bind both the primary and remote but it was a chronic problem and I can't tell you what finally made both the Rx and remote bind. I tried re-binding the Rx to the TX and that didn't change anything. I tried another remote Rx and did the binding betwen Rx/Tx and that didn't change. Then I changed the primary receiver and then did the Rx/Tx binding again and now its working....I think.

Conclusion, I think the receiver was at fault. If you have another, try exchanging Rx.

George
Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: tucson

............. I try everything, including moving away from the plane before switching on the receivers.

you should have the receiver powered up and then move the TX away before pushing in the bind button and powering it on, is that how you're doing it? i read that as you're turning on the receiver last and that's not how to do it.

if you are powering them on in the correct order, which binding technique are you using? Smartsafe or Preset?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

George,

thanks for sharing your problem. I have thought about one of my three remote receivers having a problem. It just started happening the other day. As I said once it does start working it is fine from that point on for the rest of the day.
That to me is strange.

KC

I have used smart safe. It has worked fine for several months, since I did the original bind.
I always turn my transmitter on first followed by the receiver. It hooks up at once. This is a new problem.
Just wondering if Having to re-bind from time to time if you have not changed the transmitter settings is normal. I have two other airplanes on the same receiver set up with no problems.
The 9100 is not a receiver, the three remotes plug into it.

Thanks
Stan
Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Mavrik!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: tucson

............. I try everything, including moving away from the plane before switching on the receivers.

you should have the receiver powered up and then move the TX away before pushing in the bind button and powering it on, is that how you're doing it? i read that as you're turning on the receiver last and that's not how to do it.

if you are powering them on in the correct order, which binding technique are you using? Smartsafe or Preset?
KC

Can you explain the diff again between smart safe and preset? and what the procedure is again to get the desired outcome for each?

Mav
Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 AM
KC36330

SmartSafe holds all inputs and brings throttle to a set position during a failsafe, you insert the bind plug, turn on the RX, allow it to bind (solid light) then remove the bind plug.

for preset you install the bind plug, power on the RX (blinking lights) and then while the LEDs are blinking you remove the bind plug and then turn on the TX to bind, in a failsafe condition all outputs go to the set position rather then holding.

either way the receiver should be powered on first, the TX and RX have bidirectional communication (both transmit and receive) during binding.