Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What was your Jet Power 09 Highlights?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default What was your Jet Power 09 Highlights?

Sorry to start off another Jet Power thread but as we always do on a drive back from any event. The Al's Hobbies team began to reflect back on Jet Power 2009. We all had different highlights, and opinions on what was great about the event.
For me, my own personal highlight was watching young Raul Lozano from Spain fly for Jet Central. I have seen Raul mature over the past few years ( Since he was a young teen ) But this year at Jet Power 09 he put in what I classed to be the most impressive flying of the event. What I was particularly impressed with was the way in which he presented the models which he flew. He was daring but not so close to the edge that I felt uncomfortable. He even managed to impress me while flying a Fly Eagle product ( Never thought that would happen )
Anyway. Credit where credit is due! Congrats my friend!
Regards Al
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28648.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1280621  
Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What was your Jet Power 09 Highlights?

Fair few to choose from...

[ul][*] Night flying in that park with Shaun's wing [*] TomaHawk Hawk[*] Your second A10 flight[*] Constant Marc S ribbing re weights[*] My hatred of the Futura turning into an order within 48 hours[*] Shui's 300kph pylon turn with the Ultra Bandit[*] The laughs in general
[/ul]
Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a great all round weekend. The social scene each evening was a real laugh, especially the Greek night.

Flying:- Although I hate the shape of the Futura, it flys very well & lands so slow. I was interested in watching Ali fly the Viper, as I have one on order. I only hope my flying is half as good The A10's fly very well. I would love one, although thinking about the amount invested would always be on my mind when flying it.
One thing that stood out, was the amazing quality of the models now avalable from China & Taiwan. So many toys, so little time & money.

It was a wrench, but I dug deep into my pocket & bought two Wren 160's. One is going in the Viper & the other in the Fei Bao Panther I am building.
Here's to next year. I have already started the shopping list.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:57 PM
A343
My Feedback: (4)

I've been visiting since the very beginning of this event, so this was the seventh year.
My highlight is:
The amazing delevopment in:
[ul][*] Reliability[*] Performance[*] Piloting skill
[/ul]
Just a few years back, planes went out of hands left-right-center, for different reasons.
I don't know how many flights were flown in all during these three days? A wild guess: 10/hr x 8hrs x 3days. Let's say well over 2.000 and how many engine problems were there? How many "Controlled Flight Into Terrain" (pilot error)? Radio failiures?

Great to meet people sharing their vast experience among us others!

How about Winne placing a huge basket with blank name tags at the entrance next year. We could wear one with our RCU Avtar on, we'd be able to put some faces on and make even more new friends?

Thomas
Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 PM
STKNRUD

Leave to Ali to find someone else's ability as his highlight of the event. Always encouraging others and supporting this sport.

George
Old 09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me

- weather (always good)
- constant ribbing about weight
- knowledge that the bigger these things get the less I will be ribbed
- Shui's Bandit flight
- Ali's last (and last with the A10) flight[&o]
- Whats going to be there in 2010

marcs

Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I damn near bought an Ultra bandit after watching Raul's flight. For a young lad, really superb.
The Reto Senn Hunter - love Hunters but that just has to be the best especially in Misdemeanour colours.
The father and son team (can't remember the names) flying the MB339's.
The Jet powered gliders of Paritech (that should be no surprise).
And Ali's A10 flight. At one point there must have been about -20 feet on the altimeter.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:40 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

John, Ultra Lightning?

Not the first time someone got it mixed up. Someone commentating made the same mistake in a Comp-ARF slot calling it the Ultra Bandit - not sure it well down well on the Comp-ARF stand [&:]
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 AM
ceffi

My flight at sunday on the backseat in the L 39

Christian

Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Doh! [:@]
Actually that is a Freudian slip! I had been discussing how similar they fly despite the big price difference. Yes I meant Ultra Lightning!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Rakaz

Hi Ali,

I am very proud to hear the opinion from one of the best pilots in the all world...Thank you very much!

A-10 in your hand seems like a simple boomerang...wonderfull!!

We worked very hard with the F-15 from Fly-Eagle...And finally the plane is flying very good like you could see in Germany...( despite a lot of people that thinks the opposite...)

Thank you again,

Raúl Lozano,

Jet-Central pilot
Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Ali

No problem at all Raul.
All the praise is very much deserved in my opinion. You and your father make a great team and its a pleasure to see you fly.
Regards Al
Yes I have to admit I am one of the FEJ haters, and I know how much work you must have put into making the F-15 fly as well as it did. It is just such a shame that it can not be delivered to the customers this way.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish I was there. From what I've seen in the videos the event was great. I never thought that these events can hapen in Europe and be as succesful as the ones in the US if not more.

And Ali, from what I've read you lost the Greek night! Next year we'll make an even better one so that you can also enjoy!

Tassos
Old 09-30-2009, 12:27 AM
cairoman

ORIGINAL: tassos p

I wish I was there. From what I've seen in the videos the event was great. I never thought that these events can hapen in Europe and be as succesful as the ones in the US if not more.

And Ali, from what I've read you lost the Greek night! Next year we'll make an even better one so that you can also enjoy!

Tassos
Yes Tasso,

Next year we need to coordinate this, so that more Greeks attend, thus, increase the GREEK Influence on Jetpower...it tends to become too foreign.

We'll flood the Digitech and Al's teams with Ouzo and get better deals on their stuff...Sandor was lucky this time, as he had to leave early (family matters) and he escaped the effects of too much Ouzo consumption

Chris
Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Cairoman,

Hopefully counting on adding some Lebanese flavor to the 2010 JetPower event!!!

Regards,
Dany
Old 09-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Ali

I feel a a Al's Hobbies and Digitech night of nations in 2010.
Who's up for it? If we plane ahead we can book out the entire restaurant as I know my guys from india were keen to join us this year ( Lack of planning meant that it did not work out )
I am sure we can get representatives from every continent, have a great evening and better still Jim is paying!!!

Regards Al
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Ali

I feel a a Al's Hobbies and Digitech night of nations in 2010.
Who's up for it? If we plane ahead we can book out the entire restaurant as I know my guys from india were keen to join us this year ( Lack of planning meant that it did not work out )
I am sure we can get representatives from every continent, have a great evening and better still Jim is paying!!!

Regards Al

Good idea!

yes we need to go to that greek again , never had anything so good , even the greeks and cypriots said it was good..
only Jim moaned but then no one can understands him anyway. he orders coffee with manure instead of sugar in greek... i heard it sound alsmost the same.
was expensive but worth it , and i am sure if we plan ahead we can make a deal , night off nations sounds great , we will rent the entire place..
Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 AM
tassos p

Good, we'll bring the ouzo.

In fact we'll bring so much of it you may fuel your jets with it. Then the jet will become a rocket!

I'm in.

Tassos
Old 09-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Ali

Sounds like a plan.
I may have to pass on the Ouzo.. I saw the shape Sandor was in this year, and I have to fly the next day. I tried jet power once after a 5 am finish in a local bar one year.... Not a pretty sight [:'(]
The guy who's lane I flew has only just started letting me fly his planes again after 4 years!! I didnt crash it but it was far from my best display [X(]
Anyway I am sure we can all work it out between us, just means Sandor has to drink more. I am sure he will bring his own Dutch special addictive. This is the same stuff that he bought to a UK jet meeting and had us all worried about the state of one of our local jet guys after only a few shots !!!!
Greek restaurant it is.. Lets just hope it is still there next year.
Regards Al

Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 AM
tassos p

Ali,

be carefull what you ask from the Dutch because everything is allowed over there !!!!

Tassos
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Jim Cattanach

ORIGINAL: Ali

Sounds like a plan.
I may have to pass on the Ouzo.. I saw the shape Sandor was in this year, and I have to fly the next day. I tried jet power once after a 5 am finish in a local bar one year.... Not a pretty sight [:'(]
The guy who's lane I flew has only just started letting me fly his planes again after 4 years!! I didnt crash it but it was far from my best display [X(]
Anyway I am sure we can all work it out between us, just means Sandor has to drink more. I am sure he will bring his own Dutch special addictive. This is the same stuff that he bought to a UK jet meeting and had us all worried about the state of one of our local jet guys after only a few shots !!!!
Greek restaurant it is.. Lets just hope it is still there next year.
Regards Al

Ali, our own nations night, I am up for that. With the amount of jets I crash, you can take pity on a poor Scotsman & stand him a meal.
Sandor. Re the coffee. I thought I would try my Greek & asked for Kafes scatto. It should have been sketto. Only one letter of difference changes the meaning greatly.
No complaints about the Greek night, it was great. As was the Ouzo.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
cairoman

ORIGINAL: extra 300

Cairoman,

Regards,
Dany
Dany,

This will be even better. Bring Arak with you and we'll make "all hell break loose" with both concoctions!! BTW, I looked hard for Peter (Behotec was next to Al's hobbies), but could not find him!!

Chris
Old 09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: cairoman

Cairoman,

Regards,
Dany
Dany,

This will be even better. Bring Arak with you and we'll make ''all hell break loose'' with both concoctions!! BTW, I looked hard for Peter (Behotec was next to Al's hobbies), but could not find him!!

Chris

not to many nationality,s we will run out of jokes Fast!!!.
since there are to many to insult. for me i dont give a s.... you know me..
Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
cairoman

ORIGINAL: digitech

ORIGINAL: cairoman

Cairoman,

Regards,
Dany
Dany,

This will be even better. Bring Arak with you and we'll make ''all hell break loose'' with both concoctions!! BTW, I looked hard for Peter (Behotec was next to Al's hobbies), but could not find him!!

Chris

not to many nationality,s we will run out of jokes Fast!!!.
since there are to many to insult. for me i dont give a s.... you know me..
Don't worry mate...the source is bottomless on this side

Chris
Old 09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Ali

Best not to mention Sandors Bottom Chris Look what happened at Pampa jets this year when he dropped his wallet and had to pick it up himself...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.