Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Worlds Best RC Jet Pilot

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

Ali is Hella good!!!!!!
    Meh
    eeeexcelent...
    Bob Convery

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it'd be impossible to pin point one specific pilot as being the best, becasue there are so many great pilots, I think weve all seen some amazing flying displays from Ali Machinchy, Shui, Rob Lynch, Derk Van Der Vecht, Thomas Singer, Raoul Lozano and Dave Wilshere. I think it'd be a very close call between Ali and Shui, but my personal favourite is Derk Van Der Vecht. Such a versatile competitor in both Indoor Electric through F3A and then onto Jets. His AMT powered Ultra Lightning display at Jets over Pampa 2010 in Belguim was simply incredible, the flight was one of the last of the day, unless he climbing vertically the plane never got above around 20 feet high, everything was flawless.

The video below is footage of Ali from Jets over Pampa the same year with his Graupner Epic Victory.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DALEk5yCOzc - Jets Over Pampa 2010 - (17:38 onwards is another amazing display with probably the best Slow Roll Ive ever seen)

Regards

Jame

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yves Rossy, Not R.C. I know, however he does use 'Jetcat's'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The video below is footage of Ali from Jets over Pampa the same year with his Graupner Epic Victory.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DALEk5yCOzc - Jets Over Pampa 2010 - (17:38 onwards is another amazing display with probably the best Slow Roll Ive ever seen)
    I remember when Florida jet rally use to look like (Pampa Jets)[&o] As for best pilot, Rob Lynch AKA GOLD FINGER.
    It's a hobby - keep it simple

www.332ndredtail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All great pilots listed, you need to put Seba in that mix as well. F3A top 5 at the worlds, TOC finalist, great jet pilot. And he builds!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is Shui real name (or complete name) ?
    Robin Leblond, Secretly working on something cool! ;-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Robin,

David Shulman (aka "Shui"). See www.shulmanaviation.com

Regards,

Jim
    Jeti USA Flight Team, Kingtech Turbines, bavarianDEMON / DemonAero team, MKS Servos USA, National Vice-President - Jet Pilots Organization, Jet Team USA - JWM 2015
    http://www.espritmodel.com, http://www.kingtechturbines.com, http://www.demonaero.com, http://www.mksservosusa.com, http://www.jetpilots.org, http://www.jwm2015.com/en/start.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,
    As mentioned before by some other guys - top pattern flyers would outperform us jet guys with ease if given the opportunity !
    And that is because of a simple fact - they exercise and train almost every day and therefore can handle every ship in all three axis at every moment of the flight ! ( I remember CPLR flying the whole pattern ( which is around a six minutes flight )overlayed by a very slow roll (about 10seconds /360 degrees ! )
    I am totally convinced - a guy like CPLR (Christophe Paysant Leroux , 7 times pattern champ) or Onda from Japan could fly EVERY jet to perfection and as low as you want after a very short aclimatisation !
    see you
    Hans

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hofer

Hi guys,
    As mentioned before by some other guys - top pattern flyers would outperform us jet guys with ease if given the opportunity !
    And that is because of a simple fact - they exercise and train almost every day and therefore can handle every ship in all three axis at every moment of the flight ! ( I remember CPLR flying the whole pattern ( which is around a six minutes flight )overlayed by a very slow roll (about 10seconds /360 degrees ! )
    I am totally convinced - a guy like CPLR (Christophe Paysant Leroux , 7 times pattern champ) or Onda from Japan could fly EVERY jet to perfection and as low as you want after a very short aclimatisation !
    see you
    Hans
    I am sure they are great pilots, but its differant when flying a $25,000 or more jet, I would think you think twice about how low you get, etc etc.
    BEST IN THE WEST JET RALLY
    www.bestinthewestjetrally.com Oct. 15th-19th, 2014

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Joe,
    Well, I think that the best rc-pilots in the world ( be it pattern , heli, or jets ) have a pretty relaxed relationship towards their ships ! Money and hours spent on these
    is just of secondary concern, isn`t it ?
    For them, the planes are very often just their workingtools, (for us, it is dream come true !) as is the Mercedes F1 car ( worth 2 million or more ! ) for Michael Schumacher ! A crash here or there, who cares ? Definitely not him - he is NOT spending the money or the set up time for it, but all the mechanics working long nights through to prepare the next one for him ! )
    His job is to go for the limits !
    Just recall yourself flying on the simulator - much better than in real world ! A crash here or there - who cares !!
    see you
    Hans

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think to be a really good pilot, you have to be able to put aside the value of the plane, elseway you have to handle this extra stress...
    So i think Hans does have a good point...
    Robin Leblond, Secretly working on something cool! ;-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am truly flattered to be mentioned in the same sentence as some of these awesome pilots. ( Yet alone be compared to them) For me thats an achievement in itself that when I first started flying jets I never even dreamed would happen!
    But honestly. For me. The best RC pilot in the world, is simply the one who gets the most amount of enjoyment out of what they do! Its a great hobby, that has so much to give. I love to watch others loving it for the simplicity and purity of all it has to offer, regardless of what type of toy they fly, how much it cost or how many accolades it wins them!

Regards Al
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My vote is still Kent Nogy, although I've heard he isn't flying jets much lately.
    Doug Cronkhite

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ali you are right..its about having fun...I am a decent weekend flyer and have been flying jets for about 4 years...its great to see guys like yourself who fly in another league....I hope to meet you this year at florida jets..I always meen to come and say hi but you always look very busy...don't like bugging people...anyway I will be here this year and would like to get some advice on my ultra lightning I am building now...takecare...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ricardinho

Ali is the most approachable of all the top pilots, he makes the time to talk to anyone including me, don't feel intimidated just walk up to him and say Hi, is a through and through gentleman, a lot of other so called top pilots in this sport could take some lessons from him, in person and on this web site.

Mike
    My Gast is Flabered.
    No matter what anyone say's 100% is the maximum you can get.
    If you see a deleted post, my Avatar say's it all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

ricardinho

Ali is the most approachable of all the top pilots, he makes the time to talk to anyone including me, don't feel intimidated just walk up to him and say Hi, is a through and through gentleman, a lot of other so called top pilots in this sport could take some lessons from him, in person and on this web site.

Mike

A big plus one on that, Al is a true ambassador for our sport and a nice person, look forward to seeing him on the circuit next season.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Quote " My vote is still Kent Nogy, although I've heard he isn't flying jets much lately. "Quote"

Doug He was flying at Sin City Jets recently...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maverick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

Ali you are right..its about having fun...I am a decent weekend flyer and have been flying jets for about 4 years...its great to see guys like yourself who fly in another league....I hope to meet you this year at florida jets..I always meen to come and say hi but you always look very busy...don't like bugging people...anyway I will be here this year and would like to get some advice on my ultra lightning I am building now...takecare...
    Please come and say Hi at FJ. I am never too busy. It may look like that at times, but trust me. Its not bugging me when I get to help someone with a really nice plane such as a Ultra Lightning.

Regards Al .
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ithink all of the best have been mentioned in this thread!!!!
    Watch this... another potential"best"here (even though his plane is 1:1 scale)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyxa8BASIE

Ali... you can put some of these moves in your next video!!!!
    WREN TURBINES USA...GO GREEN!
    ALSO SEE: http://www.rcaircraft-specialties.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave Flying at dark night

http://youtu.be/1tKVEFAWybs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DelGatoGrande

there is a guy over here that flies a black hotspot ..his favorite jet..

this guy each time he flies for 5 minutes ..take off.. fullspeed low flyby...fullspeed inverted low flyby and land.

whats spesial withthis guy is that he do this program for over 4 years each time he flies and how low he fly.

now days is one of my close friends too..

a.scourlis.rcuniverse.com if you are reading this you got my vote.

here is a video for you i took 5 years ago..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-dn9VlYmPA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    Maybe I'm getting old but making a lowpass at over 200 MPH a few feet from the pits is my recommendation for the most idiotic jet pilot, far from the best!!!!!!!!
    RED RIGHT RETURN!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks ali i will.. i wont be flying but will be there as spectator.. i am waiting for the new jetcat 180rx engine so i may have to wait a little... see you there...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

george what a landing on that video... wow he really rode that front wheel out...very nice!!!!!!!....pat

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast