Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 AM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul

In post today

Alan

Originally Posted by _Dutchy_
Looks promising Alan!

Good to hear that those leads weren't soldered by a doped up morphine junk.
Then they would be just as good as the WEA patch leads ain't it?

As said in the pm, thanks a lot!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM
_Dutchy_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Alan! Found something in my mailbox already today.
Great job! Thanks a lot.
These cables have confidence and reliability written all over them!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140821_182853.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	2024467  
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 AM
fireblade5437

Hey Paul

No problem glad they arrived in one piece! I have some more cables to deliver on Sunday when I will be at our BMFA Nationals which is being held over the weekend, my wife has offered to drive me there and push me round in a wheelchair.
Considering I wrecked our holiday in the states she has been brilliant in helping me.
Had another cast on today after having another X-ray and observed the 4 screws that's holding ankle together for first time, I did comment to the consultant that he had made a neat job of getting the screws parallel to each other! No real work for me though for a total of 3months but I will get up to the airfield as soon as I can!

Hope you feel a bit more confident with these soldered leads...

Alan
Old 08-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys,
I read (via google translate) that the Master/Slave configuration is now possible with the latest firmware. So you can connect two Rx in the same plane. Anyone has tried that? Any limitations or concerns (I read there is no telemetry for the slave receiver)?
Thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 PM
weatronic Support

Hello to all weatronic user, followers and anyone else

Hello Edgar,

the Master/Slave Mode is since a long time available. You can combine every Receiver (Example: Gizmo & Tiny). I sat assumes that both have the same, at best the latest firmware. The Slave Receiver have no Telemetrie. Important is also that if you not correct position your Antennas the Bachchannel from the Master Receiver can block the Slave Receiver and it goes into Failsave. So i Recommend to use the Master Receiver for all Important Functions and the Slave for second function (exaple Light etc), functions if the Slave Receiver is in Failsave you got not a Dangerous situation. Worst case: Master Receiver Left Wing, Slave Receiver right Wind. Do it not this Way.

Me by myself i have Build a P-38, there was no space for a Gizmo so i must combine a Micro 12 and a Clever 6. So i can say yes it works
Old 08-21-2014, 09:44 PM
roger.alli

Thanks for replying Jens.. I have a question on the MUX box.

Is the MUX box able to connect to the Xicoy Telemetry adapter?

Here is the product.. http://www.xicoy.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=315

Roger

Name:	Tel01.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2024600  
Old 08-21-2014, 11:09 PM
weatronic Support

Hello Roger,

the MUX-Box ia a Multiplexer to connect several Sensors. We have Programmed some Sensors, from SM Modellbau, but it also possible to connect other Sensors. The only thing is you get wrong Values or only the Voltage. Then you must know how much Volt are which Value (Example 5V = 10°C, 10V = 20°C) Sensor with Electronic inside are not so easy, because they process the Measuring Value and have a "special" Value at the output. So it is necessary to Program this in our GigaControl or you get only some Voltage Value.

The Xicoy Telemetry adapter is such a example this is not a Sensor, it is a little controller and have not a Value at the output, it have a Data Output where a Receiver which understand this Data is needed.

We do at this Time talking to some Sensor- , Turbine-, Electric Controller- and Engine Manufacturers so that we can connect there own Sensors directly to our receivers. The highest Priority is our new Transmitter BAT60 after this all other Priority follow then.

Kind regards from Berlin / Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin

Jens Ackermann
Leiter der Serviceabteilung

Last edited by weatronic Support; 08-21-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Edgar Perez

Originally Posted by weatronic Support
the Master/Slave Mode is since a long time available.
Hi Jens,
Are there any setup instructions available? Not sure how to configure it.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:33 AM
roger.alli

Ok. Thanks for your answer Jens. It is great to have direct support from Weatronics..
Old 08-22-2014, 06:19 AM
tms-ger

Hi Edgar,

there is a german manual which reads BINDING - QUICKBINDING. It is also available in english but the third chapter, which deals with the Slave-Mode, is missing there. I will translate it for you (and all others interested) here:

3. Special version SLAVE Receiver

3.1 Introduction - SLAVE

It is possible to use two receivers _simultaneously_ using the SLAVEMODE feature. Looking to ship modelling, it is i.e. possible to control the main ship and a slave ship with the same transmitter. I that case, both receivers put out the functions simultaneously. Using GigaControl, one can do the setup like matching the different channels to the receiver outputs as needed.

3.2 Configuration of two Weatronic receivers

If you want to use two Weatronic receivers simultaneously, the slave receiver has to be binded first. After having that done, you have to use GigaControl to activate the Slavemode feature. This is found in the "receiver settings" tab, see following figure:

Now you can configure the slave receiver. After that, continue with binding the main/master receiver and in turn configure it.

3.4 (3.3)

Cooperation with a "normal" receiver

After a BIND or QUICKBIND to a "normal" (main/master) receiver, the correpondig slave receiver doesn´t transmit any telemetry data. There will be no warnings nor telemetry data transmitted back to the transmitter module (DV*). At that point, there is also no chance to modify the setup of that salve receiver using GigaControl. If you need to change the setup of that slave receiver later on, you are required to do a regular BIND. Telemetry data and warning messages are only transmitted back to the transmitter module by the main/master receiver in a master/slave setup.

---
Hope that helps. Please keep in mind that I´m not a professional translator ;-)

best regards from GER

Thomas

Name:	slavemode.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	2024692  

Last edited by tms-ger; 08-22-2014 at 07:49 AM. Reason: forgot the screenshot
Old 08-22-2014, 06:30 AM
fireblade5437

Thomas

Your translation is much appreciated, thank you!

Alan
Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Edgar Perez

Thanks Thomas!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:36 PM
zl1wn

Using a master slave, do I need to make up 2 models in gigacontrol ie 1 for the master receiver and also 1 for the slave,
otherwise how do I set up the 2 receivers, which could be a Micro 12 and a smart 8 for example?
Advice please
thanks Ross
Old 09-02-2014, 09:59 PM
weatronic Support

Hello Ross,

you can use every Receiver combination of us. Yes you can use a Micro 12 and a Smart 8.

At first bind the Slave receiver, adjust all settings and set the Hook "Activate Slavemode"

!!! Attention in German you got a Info Note, in English NOT, the Text is Missing! You have to say yes to activate the Slavemode. If you say no you do it not. I will take care that there will be a Text in the next GigaControl Version.

Now disconnect the Slave Receiver and Bind the Master Receiver. Now you can adjust the Setting of the Master Receiver.

If you switch both Receiver on you will only see the Master. if you switch only the Slave on you can adjust it.

Jens Ackermann
Service Manager / Leiter der Serviceabteilung

Name:	Slave Mode.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2028404  
Old 09-02-2014, 10:07 PM
zl1wn

Thanks Jens, I saw your reply on my Blackberry, its just come through. You are a work early..
I assume then in the english version that the slave is activ, even though there the yes/no is not shown.
By the way The New Zealand modeller was very happy with the reply you sent me. Thanks..
I will try and convert him to 2.4
best wishes
Ross
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 AM
weatronic Support

Hello Ross,

moust Times i am starting at 7 - 8 o´clock (UTC+01:00) to work .

The "old Version" is this:

Now i have changed it to :

Is it ok ? or has anyone a improvement proposal ?

This changes will be available in the next GigaControl Version

Jens Ackermann

Name:	old.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	2028418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slave Mode Text.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2028419  

Last edited by weatronic Support; 09-03-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:13 AM
zl1wn

hi Jens , that looks good and gives more info, for the english version I would suggest changing the ja / nein to yes / no.
Actually all I saw in my gigacontrol 2.70 was the todo not any other words.
Regards
Ross
Old 09-03-2014, 02:19 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Jens

I suggest the following changes to the words of the warning box – I have made them in capitals simply to show the changes, suggest you keep them as lower case letters

In slave mode the receiver responds to all of the COMMANDS of the BOUND transmitter, even if the transmitter is bound to a different receiver. A slave receiver does not send telemetry data and does not respond to Quickbind requirements.
No safety relevant functions of the model may be controlled over a slave receiver.

Do you really want to ACTIVATE the Slave Mode?

As Ross has already said, change Ja/nein to Yes/No
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 AM
weatronic Support

Hello Harry,

i have change it to :

The Ja/Nein or Yes/No will be create from your system. My System Language is German so the buttons are German

Jens Ackermann

Name:	Slave Mode Text-2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2028426  
Old 09-03-2014, 03:18 AM
tms-ger

Hi Ross and others interested,

I just did some test with the Slave RX function. I do not need it, but was interested in the way it works due to some questions here and there...

I think the slave function is a little bit compareable to the function of the "listening module" (v.270 for the TX), since all RX and TX modules are transceivers to be correct. And a slave RX (setup as such) does passively snif into the radio data stream between the TX module and the master RX.

If that is true, one must have the possibility to set up more than one slave RX, since they only listen. My test setup with two smart 8 (setup as slaves, one after the other) and a Micro 10 as master proved my thinking. You can control the active sniffining of a slave RX by whatching at its green LED. It then blinks rapidly in a regular pattern, otherwise you see it double-flash as it occurs when there is no active link between a RX and a TX.

In my setup the Micro10 (master) green LED lights up constant, while the two smart 8 (salves) where both blinking rapidly as stated before.

Now I added a second master (Tiny5) to my test setup. This one is used stand alone and has no slaves. When you do a quickbind when all 4 RX are switched on, you can notice that the active master swaps every time a quickbind is initiated at the TX module, ie between the Micro10 and the Tiny5. Interesting IS, that the two smart 8 slaves seem to know, to which master RX (here the Micro 10) they belong to. So only when the Micro10 is selected through the quickbind at the TX module, the servos on the slaves are also moving. In case the Tiny5 gets the link to the TX module due to quickbinding, the smart 8 slaves stop with rapid blinking at once and in turn there is no servo output; until you quickbind back to the Micro 10...

Next I powered down all recivers (wehn the micro 10 was last active). I then powered up the two smart 8 slaves, without the Micro 10 and after short time, they started actively listening to the "their" TX module.

After a RX is put into and operated in slave mode, I was not able to reconfigure it. This is logical for me so far, since there is no bidirectional communication between TX and RX. When you put it into slave mode, you put it into "listening only" mode. All setup of required parameters has to be done to the RX prior to putting it into slave mode. The parameters as servo-curves and so on are stored onto the RX flash, since its processor needs the data to be available immediately after power on. Also the Servo-names and color attributes are stored on the RX config flash.

I managed to read and edit the config data of the slave RX as follows: Turn all RX / TX of. Power up the salve and put in bin mode with the jumper plug, power up the TX and put in bind mode. The TX binds to the slave and you can see/edit the params in GC. Notice that the salve RX is still marked as one in the RX tab (!). Do the chnages to the RX config in GC. Then power down all equipment again and then power up. Do a quickbind to the Micro 10 and you will see that the salves will operate as those and with the just altered config.

That is what I observed up to now on that topic. Please keep in mind that this is no official statement from Wea; it is more an "academical" approach to see how the slave function works in detail. If you make other observations please let me know. I did all the tests with v2.63 installed on all RX and TX and with the mentioned components.

best regards

Thomas

Last edited by tms-ger; 09-03-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:01 PM
zl1wn

Thomas, thanks for that info, that will be a lot of help. I have just received a 7m scale Nimbus 4 sailplane from Paritech, and I have a problem.
Even though it is a big plane it will be very difficult to fit an a gizmo (12-22r) receiver. (Even paritech say it would be difficult). So I thought of using 2 small receivers in a Master/Slave.. I need 12 channels which suits the gizmo, but I can split them so the vital channels go on the master, and others such as retract, motor up down, even possibly rudder on the other.
My question is. the slave will run on channels 8 through 12, so would I need another Micro 12 for the slave or could it be done with a Smart 8. A micro 12 will be the master.
What we need is a 16 channel receiver, but I understand it is a way off, After the BAT 60 and 64 unfortunately.

Ideas please regards
Ross
Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 PM
zl1wn

Jens, When you read my message above, a 16 channel receiver would be nice.
Best wishes
Ross
Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 PM
weatronic Support

Hello Ross,
it on our "To Do" List The Highest Priority have the BAT60/64. After this we will take care about other Projects. But i can tell you the "waiting number" of the Smart 16 is a short

I hope it will come soon after the Transmitters.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 PM
tms-ger

Hi Ross,

regarding your question to use a smart 8 as slave for transmitted functions on "channels" 8 to 12 ("channels" here refer to the position of the corresponding frame-parts within one data-frame generated by the TX-software): You can use GC to map those functions to its servo ports, for example:

That should work, regardless if you have a master or slave RX. Jens, please correct me if I am wrong...

best regards

Thomas

Name:	Assignment.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	2028824  

Last edited by tms-ger; 09-03-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:46 PM
weatronic Support

Hello Ross, Hello Thomas,

yes this is the right Way to use it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.