Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Old 11-20-2014, 09:10 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

For all the Weatronic users.
PLease register to the update info service:
http://31071.seu.cleverreach.com/f/31071-90176/

You will get an automated email every time a new firmware is available.

The new BAT 60 firmware is supposed to come out tomorrow. It should add a lot of features...
Old 11-20-2014, 01:47 PM
zl1wn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new software works, but a few items to check:
It is protected software, so you will need the serial number of your BAT60 and then check with Weatronic to get the unlock details
The instructions say to switch off the tx after the new software has loaded, is a normal switch off doesn't work, you may have to do a
hard reset.
The firmware should show 6.01 for all file except stick/switches 1.11 and charge 1.09
All receivers to be used with the BAT60 will need to have version 6.01 firmware.

Good luck
Ross
Old 11-20-2014, 02:05 PM
zl1wn

Oli, did a marvellous job in starting this forum, the information in it is extremely useful, now as the number of BAT60 users increases, I feel we should keep it in this forum,
rather than trying to start a new forum.
So here are my first impressions, after spending a day or so learning how to drive a BAT60. Your comments and advice gratefully accepted. My comments may be totally incorrect if sp please correct me where I am wrong.
I am not entirely happy with the small screen when trying to set up a servo, in Giga control we have a large screen which is very easy to use with a mouse, so far I haven't mastered the technique for the BAT60. If anyone has please tell me what to do. I have already written off one servo that jammed and overheated.
Thinking about setting up a new model, it would be better to set up the receiver first, then work through the model. Dont forget unlike other transmitter you cannot change the details of the model once they are input. So especially you have to make sure the number of wing surfaces is correct before you start to go further.
Has any one managed to set up a main and sub receiver, if so please tell me how as I need 2 x 12ch micros for a large model that wont fit a Gizmo.
Regards
To all
ross
Old 11-20-2014, 11:19 PM
weatronic Support

Hello to all weatronic user, followers and anyone else

Hello Ross,

you Update the Transceiver, Houskeeper, all Daemons and the WebGui to 6.01. The Sticks, Switches and the Charge Controller remain at 1.09 or 1.11

To use 2 Micro 12 you choose the Model. Bind the Main Receiver, then the Sub1.

In the Function you can set the Servos. There is it like Oli told Main Servos have not prefix. The Sub Receiver Servos have the Prefix 1-X.See at the Screenshot for Example:

Kind regards from Berlin / Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin

Jens Ackermann
Leiter der Serviceabteilung
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_20140511_234406.png
Views:	293
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	2049019  

Last edited by weatronic Support; 11-20-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:16 AM
olnico

What I can add about the firmware update is that the boot time with the USB stick plugged on the transmitter and loaded with the new firmware is 1 minute longer. Update loading took 1 min 40 seconds for me.
Shutdown after home screen appearance was about 8 seconds.
The consecutive boot was 38 seconds and firmware page showed the following:

Which is the proper version.

The previous version was showing;

Boot times are consistent and take 38 seconds.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:12 PM
zl1wn

Hi all,
yes mine updated successfully as well.
I am working my way through a 4 control surface plane on both wings, plus airbrakes and everything else 15 servos on 2 micro 12.s. The main and sub work well.
The main takes up the first 8 or so servos, the critical ones; the sub takes up surfaces which aren't so critical To get to the sub you have to scroll down till the the servo list shows s1-1 etc and then fill in the appropriate info. It took me a while to find that..
My next challenge is to work out that small curve edit screen for each servo. at this stage I dont think the presets are a lot of use, but time will tell.
The problem I have is trying to make the curves do what I need, Unlike gigacontrol where you have a large screen to deal with and it is easy with a mouse.
So if any one has sorted out how to do it easily please let me know.
Otherwise all the other items work perfectly, I have airbrake to flap working, crow on the ailerons as the flaps go down, etc. aileron rudder etc
So far it is very good.
At this stage, my only wish is that we could make that curve edit screen a lot larger.
Once I solve that I will look at connecting up a wing of the model and seeing what happens.

So Comments please.

Ross
Old 11-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Hello!One of the things I like best with the Weatronic concept is Gigacontrol and the possibility to work with my computer alongside the model in my workshop.

If I go for the BAT 64 when it becomes available I would like to continue to do all my basic set ups in Gigacontrol in the first hand and only use the transmitter screen for second hand corrections at the flying field.
Can I do that? Does the BAT series of transmitters work with Gigacontroll in the same way as the former transmitter modules or do I have to do all the set ups in the tx only?

Best regards
Jannica in Sweden
Old 11-22-2014, 12:44 AM
tms-ger

Hi Jannica,

you will "remote-control" the BATxx via WIFI. You will see exactly that, what you get to see on the TX Display, in a browser window on your PC. Keep in mind that there is also a browser running on the BATxx which shows you the Display contents and you interact with. So you will get another instance, like an additional "browser tab" to the same dynamic website; which is in turn hosted/generated on the BATxx webserver. So, there is a web server and browser running on the BATxx. On your PC in your workshop, you have the browser only to access the BATxx configuration, but with some parallel tabs - if you like.

The BATxx UI itself is strongly leaned on Gigacontrol but developed much further to make those great additional functionality of the BATxx series available. So you can say it is an evolution of Gigacontrol, which will be also kept up to date by Weatronic for the module users.

Best regards from GER

Tom
Old 11-22-2014, 03:56 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by zl1wn
My next challenge is to work out that small curve edit screen for each servo. at this stage I dont think the presets are a lot of use, but time will tell.
The problem I have is trying to make the curves do what I need, Unlike gigacontrol where you have a large screen to deal with and it is easy with a mouse.
Ross
Hello Ross.
Editing the servo curve with the BAT UI is a different method than Gigacontrol. As easy to do in fact.
I like presets a lot. Most of the time I come to realize that I just need 4 points along the curve to align multiple flight controls. The preset gives me the ability to edit 4 points on the curve really easily.
Here is the method I use.
First enter the curve edit mode.

Then select the non-global option ( to edit the curve with point, not to move the whole curve ).

Then enter the preset menu.

Select the 4 point curve preset.

Then move the current point along the curve with your stick or knob till you reach the point you want to edit. It will highlight with a thin red circle.

Then hit the "select" button. The highlighted point will turn solid red.

Now you can adjust the output value with the "+" and "-" keys. Note that you will need to keep your stick at the current position to check the effect on the point live.

A complete curve can be edited quickly with this method.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:33 AM
zl1wn

Thanks Oli,
I will try that shortly. By the way I have not seen the red dot, On my BAT60 they are a pale blue, so how did you find the red??
Regards Ross
Old 11-22-2014, 12:25 PM
zl1wn

Hi Oli, yes it works but of course it is quite slow to operate, and I feel not totally intuitive, possible we have all got used to Gigacontrol which is easy to operate.
Regarding servo setting, there is one matter I would appreciate your comments.
When setting a new plane it is always possible that one of the servos will get jammed and try to drag too much current and overheat. With gigacontrol you can rapidly check the current draw and reduce the servo travel and fix the problem, I am slightly worried that it will take too long with the BAT60 to do this.
Comments please
Regards
Ross
Old 11-22-2014, 12:52 PM
zl1wn

Here is an interesting problem, I am setting the servo travel to 100% in the servo configuration screen, but some of the servos have a dark grey background, and those can have the travel adjusted, the rest have the normal light grey background and the travel cannot be adjusted.
Ideas??
Ross
Old 11-22-2014, 12:58 PM
zl1wn

It looks like I found a way around that problem, by expanding the wing and selecting the control surface and adjusting the travel there.
Ross
Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 AM
olnico

It looks like I found a way around that problem, by expanding the wing and selecting the control surface and adjusting the travel there.
Ross
Yes. That's how it should be done.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 AM
olnico

Hi Oli, yes it works but of course it is quite slow to operate, and I feel not totally intuitive, possible we have all got used to Gigacontrol which is easy to operate.

Ross
The web based control program will be out in a few weeks from now ( expected in 5-6 weeks at this stage ). Then you will be able to edit the servo curve with a mouse.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:45 PM
zl1wn

Thanks For that info Oli, When tall the firmware is finished it will be a tremendous transmitter.

Now another question.
I am setting up my Paritech Nimbus 4, it needs 15 servos, BUT a 12-22R (Gizmo) is too big, it doesn't fit .
So I am working my way through with 2 Micro 12's it is a good learning experience and so far going ok. All the surfaces are set up and I am to the point of attaching wings etc
and making sure the directions and throws are ok.

With Gigacontrol and the Gizmo I can check current draw, which is very useful when setting up Items like retracts and flaps .
But with the Micros how can I check the current and make sure that the servo and batteries are not being overloaded??
Ideas please
Old 11-23-2014, 11:51 PM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Ross,
I have just installed a Micro 12 in my Paritech DG 303, no room for a Gizmo despite its size. I used a couple of JR matchboxes to expand servo outputs to air brakes, rudder servos , pull, pull, and as a power source for the gps and vario modules.
During set up I inserted a Hangar 9 volts/ammeter in each servo line, to check amperage, works v well. For total current draw just insert the meter into a battery cable .

Giga Control made precise set up just so easy, and even the tiniest adjustment can be seen to affect the current draw on the meter, more accurately than on the Giga readout, particularly good for setting the closed position of the air brakes.

The entire DG is fitted with JR. HV servos but running at 5.9 volts from the Powerbox sensor switch.

David.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 11-24-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 AM
zl1wn

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the comments, What size is your DG303?
I have one also but I managed to fit a 12-22R..
I will get that ammeter as the micro cannot give a current reading..
Best wishes .. Its a nice photo on the website!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 01:48 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

My DG is 5m. There would be room for the Gizmo BUT the space is occupied by batteries for the Florian Schammbeck power unit. Later this winter, I will arrange a quick change unit for a Wren Supersport, so it is self launching in two forms. I had some Matchboxes spare, cheaper than a second receiver !!

My BAT will be here as soon as the latest firmware is installed.

David.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:32 AM
olnico

With Gigacontrol and the Gizmo I can check current draw, which is very useful when setting up Items like retracts and flaps .
But with the Micros how can I check the current and make sure that the servo and batteries are not being overloaded??
Ideas please
You cannot check current consumptions with the micro series. They do not have current sensors included. Only the Gizmos have.
As David suggested, you need a Hangar 9 amp meter for synchronization or limit setting.
Note that I would highly recommend you to set the servo limits in the list view of the servo configuration menu. Once set, this limit cannot be passed by any condition or mixer.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 PM
zl1wn

Thanks for reminding me about the use of an ammeter, I remembered I made one up years ago, and I used a multimeter on the current setting.
So I have just started to set the control surfaces using the ammeter.
As limits, I wonder why the preset servo limit is 125 plus and minus, surely 100 would have been better as a starting point, as only very seldom have I had to use more than 100 on any plane.

Regards
Ross

ps next to work out how to set up the various functions such as takeoff, thermal, normal and speed etc
So any advice to start me on that track would be helpful.
pps After this plane is done, especially with the 2 micros, setting up the next one will be easy.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:31 PM
olnico

next to work out how to set up the various functions such as takeoff, thermal, normal and speed etc
These are not functions but flight mode.
The term function with the BAT 60 refers to channels.

You first need to assign your flight modes to switches from the flight mode window. Look at page 29 of the user manual for this.
Then offset your functions, change the curve for each flight mode from the function window. You can do this inside the wizard process or afterwards by selecting "model setting"->"functions".
You need to select the flight mode first from the previously assigned switch before changing the curves/ offsets.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:38 PM
zl1wn

Thanks Oli, Yes my teminology was wrong I meant flight modes.
I will continue working on them in the morning.

best wishes
Ross
Old 11-25-2014, 01:21 AM
tms-ger

To all BAT Updaters: Please be sure that there is NO mSD-Card fitted in the BAT60 at the time when you do the update via the USB stick. Otherwise it won´t do the update; but just boot as normal. After the update, you can put the mSD-card back in...

best regards

Tom
Old 11-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryC
Some background info for any of you who may doubt that the acoustic interference with the gyros exists at all, or think you will be safe from it –
I have been using a Micro 12 Gyro III in a Tamjet Rafale. I activated the gyro for ailerons and started getting the sudden corrections that are similar to the descriptions in this thread about acoustic interference. I was getting them intermittently at high speed, with 1 hit per flight. so I decided to try a foam to see if I could disrupt the acoustics in my setup. I wrapped the receiver in foam typically used as insulation for refrigeration tubes in hot climates. i have since done 10 flights and have yet to get a single hit. I know its not ideal, but Im happy this setup is allowing me to use the gyro.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Weatronic Foam.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	565.0 KB
ID:	2050111  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.