Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 04:17 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by weatronic Support
we know the deficit withe the Timer Current Value = -.-

Please try to choose at the Alarmtype not the Voice. So select Beep or / and Vibration, but not Voice or only Voice. Then restart the Transmitter. Now the deficit should be fixed.
Jens, I tried as you suggest and it works ok, provided that one shut down the radio and re-start (needed to get rid of the unspecified timer value. Only needed once). Thanks!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:29 PM
richbran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pitot problems solved.

I had a lengthy issue with my pitot system, coupled to the MuxBox. Tonight I had one Pitot on loan as mine is abroad and It gave the same reading (55-60 km/h)
Then I hooked it to a LinkVario Duo and by jove finally I got an acceptable value of 16kmh, which is already good.
But then I loaded firmware 1.1 on the MuxBox which Jens had send to me, and lo and behold, it shouted ZERO on startup!!

Took quite some time to have this corrected, but OK, next season I finally fly with IAS!!!

Currently You have a speed call every 10 sec, which would be too meager for final, I suggested to Jens to look if it would be possible to select via the Muxbox 3-pos switch different speed calls. In a reasonable steady flight like a climb every 10 sec would be OK, but on final I would like tobe able to select continuous calls, also only the speed, not the KMH part, which only takes up time.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Edgar Perez

Originally Posted by richbran
Currently You have a speed call every 10 sec, which would be too meager for final, I suggested to Jens to look if it would be possible to select via the Muxbox 3-pos switch different speed calls. In a reasonable steady flight like a climb every 10 sec would be OK, but on final I would like tobe able to select continuous calls, also only the speed, not the KMH part, which only takes up time.
Richard,
Its very likely you can program a mix that will allow you to switch a channel (on/off) at a rate you will select and use that channel to control the voice in the mux box. Then you can configure the mux box to say the speed everytime the channel switch. I did it with my futaba some time ago, before they were using shorter voice phrases. You can see a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhazCtQ5lQQ&list=UUS_RcK0McyNFfmLUrilqsUQ I did it recently with the latest voice firmware and i get one minute of continuous speed call outs just from flicking one switch.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:12 PM
richbran

Edgar, You smart*****!

That is one hell of a trick!

Anyhow, I am not the only one who is looking for continuous speed call outs....See what Jens will answer to my request,
Then I would need to figure out a mixer combined let's say with full flaps to get continuous calls...
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by weatronic Support
Hello to all weatronic user, followers and anyone else

Hello Edgar,

we know the deficit withe the Timer Current Value = -.-

Please try to choose at the Alarmtype not the Voice. So select Beep or / and Vibration, but not Voice or only Voice. Then restart the Transmitter. Now the deficit should be fixed.

If not please inform me.

The Battery capacity wil be calculated. After 5 - 6 Charging cycles it will be correct calculated. or you switch you transmitter on and
leave it so long until it switches off. Then load the Transmitter until the LED Ring is green, not yellow. Then switch the Transmitter on and the Capacity will be right.

Kind regards from Berlin / Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin

Jens Ackermann
Leiter der Serviceabteilung
Thanks Jens.
We expect this problem to be sorted out with the next firmware release coming in a few days from now.
This one should enable number of features bridging the gap required to bring the system to a release to the US market.

We have finished our campaign of continuous use for 1500 hours on 3 different transmitters with 12-22, Micro and Smart receivers.
All combinations have proven perfect reliability of the RF stage of the transmitter architecture.
Note that 1000 hours have been logged on our devices being tested in the Middle-East in very busy RF environment, including around high voltage power transmission line for pole inspection with multi-copters. This returned very good results, very similar to the DV4 system.

Once the next firmware is tested in-house, we will announce a release to the US market with full in-house support of the product.
I have already updated the Gizmo, 12-22 and Micro receiver manuals accordingly.
These are extremely comprehensive professional manuals written in proper English.

http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/model...%20rev%204.pdf

http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/model...%20rev%204.pdf

A BAT series manual will follow once the product is released.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:01 AM
richbran

Oli
Thanks, those manuals are gold. They tell me all the things that I was looking for. I have just bought my 3rd 12-22 and am ordering two patch antennas. for a larger jet. However the stub antenna's do work also good on another big jet.(good means: never had a warning, I did not really test it)
I will try to get through the antenna testing as You did.

My trust in the company was waning till a few months ago, but I feel we are uphill again.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:14 PM
richbran

Sorry guys

A while ago there were cables mentioned to connect f.i. the patch antenna to a Micro receiver. I cannot find the link anymore where to get those as they are not sold by WEA.

Tks,
Old 12-21-2014, 11:09 PM
fireblade5437

Richard

I think you may be referring to what I did a while back:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ncement-5.html

If you look at post #105 and #124 onwards

Alan
Old 01-02-2015, 02:45 AM
richbran

Just a tip,

I might have overlooked it, but I cannot find in the manuals nor on the placard how to connect a Duo LinkVario to the SCU of a 12-22, with the supplied blue/transparent cable.
(EDIT) after consult with Jens he stated that they overlooked this item when the placards for the 12-22 were made, has been corrected for the Gizmo receiver.
Here is the correct way, with the brown wire to the right. I now marked it with a black stripe, right next to it.
It doesn't work the other way around.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3465.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	2059758  

Last edited by richbran; 01-10-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: new info
Old 01-02-2015, 03:59 AM
Stemme10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bat 60 question

Just got my new Bat 60 the other day. I have set up a electric plane with flaps etc. I have all controls working apart from the rudder. When the rudder stick gets to -100% ( full left rudder) of its travel the rudder flicks the opposite direction (+100%).it does this in the software also. I made a new model and it does the same thing. I have calibrated the radio several times but it is still the same. Any ideas?

Last edited by Stemme10; 01-03-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:22 PM
zl1wn

BAT 60 question,
I need help as to how to set up the flight modes correctly. Every time I try I end up with at least 2 switches actuated at some point, surely there should be only one switch actuated for each mode.
All I need are 3 modes.

Thanks Ross
Old 01-10-2015, 07:18 PM
zl1wn

Another BAT 60 question
Is it possible to reset the center position of a servo after it has been set up in the servo configuration setup.
If not this would mean that the plane has to be assembled with all the servos in their correct position as you set up each one for the throw.
This maybe ok for a small power plane, but it means that a 7m sailplane with 5 servos each wing has to be fully assembled, then I have to start setting up
the configuration, working say from the left wing one at a time, making sure everything is correct, before moving to the right wing.
I would have thought it would be a lot easier to set up the servos without the plane assembled, than adjust the centers later if they are a bit out.

Comments please
Ross
Old 01-11-2015, 01:04 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by zl1wn
Another BAT 60 question
Is it possible to reset the center position of a servo after it has been set up in the servo configuration setup.

Comments please
Ross
Yes. Offset the servo curve, just like with Gigacontrol.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:41 AM
richbran

That is done by selecting "move curve", that not only moves the centre point, but ALLpoints including end points.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:58 AM
Stemme10

I found Ross, you need to set up a virtual switch for each mode .
Old 01-11-2015, 08:23 PM
zl1wn

BAT 60.

I now have the flight modes working, but which function should be used to set up the ailerons and flaps for the 2 extra flight modes, (speed and thermal)
Should I use butterfly or aileron.? I noticed when trying speed, using butterfly the 2 inner surfaces (flaps) went up but the 2 outer ailerons went down,
Comments please
Regards to all
Ross
Old 01-12-2015, 04:24 AM
Edgar Perez

BAT 60.

I now have the flight modes working...
Ross, sorry I can help as I don't have enough practice with the system. It surely will help if you post your solutions and tips as you develop them!

I was wondering if when using the flight modes to get separate trims, you can adjust them while in flight without having to search for a particular menu. I was not successful doing that, as I could change the trim but the value it will be shared across all flight modes. Think I have the modes not correctly setup.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2015, 06:32 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Maybe we need a new thread for the Bat?
Old 01-12-2015, 07:13 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by patf
Maybe we need a new thread for the Bat?
It will come when the BAT will be released to the US market.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:52 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a bunch of Wea receivers and accessories for sale, location UK
http://jmajets.co.uk/board/viewtopic...p=10959#p10959
Old 02-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Edgar Perez

New BAT 60 software version released:

Software Version 6.03The following improvements are now available:
• WiFi (public beta version)
• Vario sound and sensor configuration
• Extensive voiceoutput
• German, English and Turkish language selectable
• Enhancement of the user interface

I know its just released, but wondering if there are any insights.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:11 PM
zl1wn

The program loads perfectly, now to find out all the changes. An updated manual will be available in a few days.
Now to work out how to connect with wifi to a computer,

Regards
Ross
Old 02-06-2015, 05:03 PM
olnico

The program loads perfectly, now to find out all the changes. An updated manual will be available in a few days.
Now to work out how to connect with wifi to a computer,

Regards
Ross
Very easy.
Enable Wifi in the top left corner of the Wifi menu.
Then scan for a router.
Once you have found your router, connect to it.
Input the router password.
Once connected to your router, you can control your radio from the computer by inputting the IP address of the radio in the internet address bar. This address is shown on the lower left corner of the Wifi menu.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:33 PM
zl1wn

Hi oli,
thanks for the comments, I have tried a number of things with 2 different routers, but no luck so far.
yes I can see the router, and input the router MAC address, then connect BUT nothing happens on the BAT60. It does not bring up the radio address ie 198......

What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Ross
Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 PM
zl1wn

oli, How do I tell if the tx has connected to the router?
ross

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.