Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 07:12 PM
zl1wn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Oli,
All sorted thanks, I did not realise that you have to highlight the router name. having done that it all works perfectly, and the computer interface works perfectly.

Now the only thing left is how to make the Flight mode options work. I can set up the switch for various functions, but so far I haven,t been able to make the servos
work correctly for the various modes.
Advice please.

By the way, I have programmed 3 models with 4 surfaces on each wing plus airbrakes, and overall I am impressed with how easy it is, the BAT60 works perfectly.
Sure it takes a bit of learning, but so does any new transmitter.

Regards
Ross
Old 02-06-2015, 10:48 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zl1wn

Now the only thing left is how to make the Flight mode options work. I can set up the switch for various functions, but so far I haven,t been able to make the servos
work correctly for the various modes.
Advice please.

Ross
You can create flight modes by assigning names and switch positions ( either real or virtual ).
I assume that you have done this already.

Then the servo curves can be altered for different flight modes in the curve edit menu.
You have to choose non global servo curve, which is the symbol of a small Earth crossed.
Then switch the mode you want, then alter the servo curve as you need.
Do this for each flight mode.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:49 PM
olnico

Ross, how do you like the telemetry voice function?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM
zl1wn

Oli, Thanks for your comments, I assume you mean after setting non-global, I go back to the graph for each servo and set up what I need, is this correct?
Do I do this in the aileron function or in butterfly, or both??
Yes I have set up the switching.

I will try the voice function tomorrow. It took me a while to sort out the wifi!!!!!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:19 PM
zl1wn

Oli, I just had a quick check how do I make it work and where do I find the language?
Old 02-07-2015, 01:01 AM
olnico

The language is English only.
There is nothing to find. It is all loaded already.

Try to set the voice announcment first with a live parameter that is always broadcasting. i suggest transmitter temperature.

First go t the volume/ brightness menu on the right side of the hme button and set general volume to 10% and voice offset to 70%.

Then tap the wrench icon and select voce and sound.
The first menu is to create a set of voice announcement for each flight mode ( thus the mode column ).
Tap the speaker icon.
This screen is to set specific voice announcement for specific parameters.
Tap the + icon.
Select transmitter, then transmitter temperature.
Then select the gear icon.
Enable voice and unit.
Enale interval 5 seconds.
That's it.
It should now give you a continuous announcement of the temperature...
Old 02-07-2015, 11:19 AM
zl1wn

Thanks Oli, Thats works well, quite a bit to get there though. I will continue to learn about the voice so I have GPS and vario.

best wishes
Ross
ps: I have just got the vario working, getting the voicel working seems complicated but after the first couple of times it is reasonably straight forward.
But I dont think I could have got there without your help
Old 02-20-2015, 07:01 AM
cyprusjets

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Ross, sorry I can help as I don't have enough practice with the system. It surely will help if you post your solutions and tips as you develop them!

I was wondering if when using the flight modes to get separate trims, you can adjust them while in flight without having to search for a particular menu. I was not successful doing that, as I could change the trim but the value it will be shared across all flight modes. Think I have the modes not correctly setup.

Thanks
Did you manage to find a way of making this to work? I have spent a lot of time trying to make this work but it seems that i am missing something?
Old 02-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cyprusjets
Did you manage to find a way of making this to work? I have spent a lot of time trying to make this work but it seems that i am missing something?
No. I communicated with Jens at Weatronic and he indicated it can be done. However I didn't understand how. Think it was a language disconnect. I'm not using the transmitter for jets, as I need the log function before doing that. Hoping there is a way to do it as it is a must have functionality. That about the only reason I use flight modes.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 AM
olnico

No. I communicated with Jens at Weatronic and he indicated it can be done. However I didn't understand how. Think it was a language disconnect. I'm not using the transmitter for jets, as I need the log function before doing that. Hoping there is a way to do it as it is a must have functionality. That about the only reason I use flight modes.
Go to the trim mode of the Function menu.
Enable the non global mode ( crossed earth ). Setup your trim for each flight mode.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:46 AM
cyprusjets

have set in all functions even in flaps the non global mode but still the trim when you change from the 3 position switch the flight mode the trim stays the same in all modes. In the manual it says something for the rotary switches option but could not find this rotary switch setup anywhere.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:55 AM
olnico

have set in all functions even in flaps the non global mode but still the trim when you change from the 3 position switch the flight mode the trim stays the same in all modes. In the manual it says something for the rotary switches option but could not find this rotary switch setup anywhere.
Yes. If yo want your trim positions to be remembered by the radio for each flight mode, you need to set your rotary encoder as flight mode dependent.

BTW: The rotary encoder is the trim wheel.

Go to the model setting menu ( wrench symbol )
Enter the function setup menu
Go to control assignment for the the control you want to setup the FM trim with.
Go to the trim control page.
Tap "option" on the lower left corner
You will enter the rotary encoder setup page.
Tap the "FM dependent" box and select "yes"

This is illustrated on page 25 of the 6.03 user manual.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:57 AM
olnico

My previous post regarding non global mode is to manually set the neutral position ( trim ) for each mode by the curve. Different way of doing things.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:58 AM
olnico

See my post above.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:15 AM
cyprusjets

Originally Posted by olnico
Yes. If yo want your trim positions to be remembered by the radio for each flight mode, you need to set your rotary encoder as flight mode dependent.

BTW: The rotary encoder is the trim wheel.

Go to the model setting menu ( wrench symbol )
Enter the function setup menu
Go to control assignment for the the control you want to setup the FM trim with.
Go to the trim control page.
Tap "option" on the lower left corner
You will enter the rotary encoder setup page.
Tap the "FM dependent" box and select "yes"

This is illustrated on page 25 of the 6.03 user manual.

Yes i know that is illustrated on page 25 of the 6.03 user manual thats why i mentioned that i could not find this rotary switch setup anywhere.
have you actually tested this on a bat60 or you just found the info about it and post it because i have read the whole manual and i have tested all possible ways for controlling the trims in each fm bust still does not work.
with my bat60 i Enter the function setup menu
i go to control assignment for the the control you want to setup the FM trim with.
but i cannot go to the trim control page.
there is no "option" on the lower left corner visible
this is why i am asking you have you tested it with a radio? does it really exist as it says in the manual? or is just my radio with version 6.03 which doesn't have it.
Also i have noticed when i go to setup the voices in the manual says to go first in the folder of the internal storage and add the voices ( i cannot see the voices files anywhere in the internal memory in file manager i can see the folders log, audio, image but no .wav files anywhere, do i need to copy them from the update file to a usb and then manually in the audio folder?
Old 02-22-2015, 02:32 PM
olnico

have you actually tested this on a bat60
Yes sir.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

I am having no success installing the USB drivers on my new HP Pavillion Computer (windows 8.1) despite following the Wea guide to the letter. Anyone have any tips?

Is the new (long lead) USB connector interchangeable with the smaller older device.

David
Old 02-25-2015, 02:19 AM
Erik van Dijen

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
I am having no success installing the USB drivers on my new HP Pavillion Computer (windows 8.1) despite following the Wea guide to the letter. Anyone have any tips?

Is the new (long lead) USB connector interchangeable with the smaller older device.

David
Hi David,

The new long lead USB connector is interchangeable with the old one.The new one needs no separate batttery.Just connect the red cable to your receiver.I'm still using XP without any problem..........

Erik.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:59 AM
David Gladwin

Thank you for that Eric.
Problem is my new computer does not recognize the USB driver, and my old Dell computer on which I have done previous updates says no Weatronic Dongle found !
I'll try again !
Many thanks.

David.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:39 AM
olnico

Thank you for that Eric.
Problem is my new computer does not recognize the USB driver, and my old Dell computer on which I have done previous updates says no Weatronic Dongle found !
I'll try again !
Many thanks.

David.
It probably does not find the USB driver because the driver enforcement protection is not disabled properly.
Call me by Skype if you want to.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
David Gladwin

Thanks, Oli if no success I will do just that ! That said I did disable the usb blocker.
Please remember that of you have a slip at LHR, there's always a meal and drink or two here, I am only 20 odd minutes from LHR.

And sincerest thanks for your latest manuals, gold dust !

David.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:14 AM
olnico

Thanks, Oli if no success I will do just that ! That said I did disable the usb blocker.
Please remember that of you have a slip at LHR, there's always a meal and drink or two here, I am only 20 odd minutes from LHR.

And sincerest thanks for your latest manuals, gold dust !

David.
No chance for LHR. The A-380 goes there only.
Welcome regarding the manuals.
I am improving the BAT programming guide on a daily basis. Have a look at the version I updated an hour ago. I think that you will like it!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:28 PM
weatronic Support

Hello to all weatronic user, followers and anyone else

Hello David,

since Win8 you as user have not the rights to install all Drivers.

Please check out our Win8 and Win8.1 Manuals for the Driver Installation:

http://www.weatronic.com/en/index.ph...nloads-neu.php

Kind regards from Berlin / Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin

Jens Ackermann
Service Manager / Leiter der Serviceabteilung
Old 05-02-2015, 05:32 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation Help - Cant turn on my BAT 60

My BAT 60 is stuck!
I shut down my BAT 60 after finding a concern with one of the battery cells (see in http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/weat...-bad-cell.html )

Now, I cant turn it on. Its showing an warning light and does not respond to the hard reset procedure.
Any ideas how to deal with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyCDgXPpaZQ&feature=youtu.be
Old 05-03-2015, 01:42 PM
tms-ger

Hi Edgar,

I dont think you have got a damaged cell. The battery controller is a bit special. The voltage is measured, the other values shown are calculated by the battery management. This calculation gets sometimes a little bit out of order. This will be adressed in an upcoming FW update. We have expirienced similar behavoir with our BAT60.

What helped us in that situation: Turn the BAT off (and leave it off) and charge it until completely full. We do this over night. After that, disconnect from the charger and turn the BAT on. When you than take a look at the Batt. Manager, the values should read correct values... Keep in mind that WEA either discharges the cells completely nor do they load in the full capacity. That is good for getting a long cell life. Charged capacity is around 2500 mAh per cell...

best regards

Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.