Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 06:39 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Have a look here:

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/blogs/r...rol-techniques

and here:

http://www.geohei.lu/olin/data/Weatronic/Firmware/

Do the upgrades chronologically.

Start programming when you have 6.089 installed.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:54 PM
tms-ger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi frankie,

there is no doubt about it. There has never been a that valuabe TX that the BAT6x line. And you have discovered that for yourself. Improvements are still possible as with nearly any product.

But compared to the cheap (but expensive sold) implementations done by other verndors, it is a reak breakthrough. That´s why it is so sad the further development is paused at this time...

---

To answer your question: You should use version 6.089. The versions in the firmwarepage then all show v6.08, except of the Housekeeper which must show 6.09. The chargecontroller/batteryboard can not be udated by the users themselves. v1.09 run, but as a charging bug which maybe occur over time. The symptom is then, that it will not charge the batteries any more.
I´am able to update the firmware of the CC. So if you like me to do that, you can send me an email (PM).

You can get the firmware as well as other documents from here:

http://www.weatronic.com/en/index.ph...-bat-60-en.php

best regards from GER

Thomas
Old 07-04-2016, 12:15 AM
tms-ger

.. oops, didn´t notice that Oli has already answered. Now you have two choices for download. I forgot one important thing regarding two knows bugs for which work arounds exist: One is the stick calibration and the other topic the incomplete transfer of model data from Linux into the fligh controller when changing a model. Please take care of this! Had had no issues flying with our BATs when following those guidelines:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...l#post12205437

If you like reading in german language, many information about the WEATRONIC products can be found here: http://wea-lounge.de/board/

There you can also find the original german texts dealing the work arounds:

http://wea-lounge.de/board/index.php...T6x-mit-SW-FW/

And of course the fine manuals translated and explained by Oli, found on his web page.

best regards

Thomas
Old 07-06-2016, 04:32 AM
frankie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello Oli,

Thanks very much for the link to all that information you have compiled, it will assist no end.

Thomas,

Thanks for your assistance again.

Oli/Thomas,

My BAT60 is new and has 6.01 installed. Does this mean that I will need to update to 6.03, then 6.08? There is no link for 6.03. Additionally, I wish to change the sticks to something more slender (smaller diameter), with a sharper end (similar to JR sticks). Are there any other options here besides the Weatrionics sticks I have seen advertised. I do recall seeing a different (more slender) stick in some of the earlier brochures.

When I unscrewed my sticks there was a slight rotation of the aluminium ball - is this normal?

Thanks again guys, your help is appreciated.

Cheers, Frank
Old 07-06-2016, 10:47 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by frankie
Hello Oli,

My BAT60 is new and has 6.01 installed. Does this mean that I will need to update to 6.03, then 6.08? There is no link for 6.03.

Cheers, Frank
Uploaded.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by frankie
Hello Oli,

Thanks very much for the link to all that information you have compiled, it will assist no end.

Thomas,

Thanks for your assistance again.

Oli/Thomas,

My BAT60 is new and has 6.01 installed. Does this mean that I will need to update to 6.03, then 6.08? There is no link for 6.03. Additionally, I wish to change the sticks to something more slender (smaller diameter), with a sharper end (similar to JR sticks). Are there any other options here besides the Weatrionics sticks I have seen advertised. I do recall seeing a different (more slender) stick in some of the earlier brochures.

When I unscrewed my sticks there was a slight rotation of the aluminium ball - is this normal?

Thanks again guys, your help is appreciated.

Cheers, Frank
Just get the existing sticks turned at a local machine shop.
There is no other option.
Of course, we could do this for you, but given the fact that you are in Australia, it does not make much sense.

Last edited by olnico; 07-06-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:35 PM
tms-ger

Hi Frank,

you´re welcome. At this time we try to sort out if further development and production of former WEATRONIC products is possible. It depends on several variables.

I will you keep updated, but it will take some time of course to have result.

cu

Thomas
Old 07-20-2016, 03:53 PM
frankie

Hello Thomas and Oli,

Thanks for your help.

Thomas, I have sent you a PM regarding upgrading the charging firmware.

Thanks,

Frank
Old 07-30-2016, 01:28 AM
frankie

Hello guys,

So what's actually involved in upgrading to the latest charging firmware? Is it essential, or will my BAT60 continue to charge correctly?

Thanks guys,

Best Regards, Frank
Old 07-31-2016, 02:23 AM
tms-ger

Hi Frankie,

I´m sorry but your PM doesn´t reach me up to now. Regarding your question:

With FW v1.09 in the battey board ("Chargecontroller") it is likely that the BAT6x will stop charging at a hard-to-determine point in the future.

This is indicated by the green power LED when the BAT is OFF and the power supply is connected. This normaly indicates a fully charged TX battery. But when your BAT enters this failure situation, this green LED will light up at a few seconds after connecting the PS and in turn does not charge the TX batteries, even if they need to be charged (ie are empty). Result: The BAT will not charge its batteries any more.

Hope that info helps.

cu

Thomas
Old 08-02-2016, 01:24 PM
frankie

Hello Thomas,

Thanks very much for the information. How do I then go about updating to FW 1.09 for the CC? Does the radio need to be sent off or can I perform myself?

I wish to set up an aircraft on my BAT60 but I think it would be wise to resolve this first.

Best Regards, Frank
Old 08-03-2016, 12:20 AM
tms-ger

Hi frankie,

there is no "customer-self-repair" procedure for this part (the CC). What I can offer to you is, that you send me your CC, (the CC itself or the complete TX, as you like), secureley packaged. I do the code-update of the code and you arrange its way back to you. So I have only to call local UPS (or similar) for picking it up and returning it back to you.

I think you can start programming and flying a new model without any problems now. The CC issue doesn´t affect that. So we can do the CC update some times later - as you wish.

Additional details via PM please.

regards from Germany

Thomas
Old 08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello All,

Does anyone know what is the purpose of the two ports in the 12-22R named "Gyro Ex 1" and "Gyro Ex 2" ?
It seem to be a port to connect an external gyro. Does it means that this is an "input" port (to connect the output of the gyro) instead of an "output" port (e.g. like any of the other servo ports).?
Have anyone used it to connect an external Gyro? This is with the DV4 module.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wea1222.png
Views:	416
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	2175825  
Old 08-04-2016, 11:11 PM
tms-ger

Hi Edgar,

this is exactly what they are meant for. And also you noticed right that this functionality is only given with v2.63/DV4. I´m not using it but has been told by WEA that this is the purpose...

Thomas
Old 08-05-2016, 04:09 AM
Edgar Perez

Thanks Thomas.
I wish there were instructions on how to connect, as I burned a servo doing a test.

I have an iGyro 3e going into a Mig-29. I want to connect the gyro rudder output to the Gizmo, so that I can distribute the signal to the two rudders and the nose steering. I would have though that I need to connect the gizmo rudder output to the gyro signal input. Then connect the gyro signal output back to the gizmo into one of these ports. Finally, go into gigacontrol and assign the external gyro. I tried it with a cheap gyro first and ended up burning the servo. Seems I created a short circuit.
I though about only connecting the gyro output to the gizmo, leaving the gyro signal input unconnected, but I can't imagine that the gyro will produce a good signal then.
So i'm stumped..
Old 08-05-2016, 10:23 AM
tms-ger

Hi Edgar,

I think you will only need the output of the IGyro as a gyro input source for the Gizmo, so it is using the external Gyro signal instead of the internal one for modelling the resulting servo output in dependency to the model movement.
What I don´t know is something about the protocol. How is the Gyro data encoded and transfered to the Gizmo. That would be interesting to know what signal type the Gizmo expects from an external Gyro circuit. If connected this way, I think there is no possibility for a short circuit.

cu

Thomas
Old 08-05-2016, 02:00 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Thanks Thomas.
I wish there were instructions on how to connect, as I burned a servo doing a test.

I have an iGyro 3e going into a Mig-29. I want to connect the gyro rudder output to the Gizmo, so that I can distribute the signal to the two rudders and the nose steering. I would have though that I need to connect the gizmo rudder output to the gyro signal input. Then connect the gyro signal output back to the gizmo into one of these ports. Finally, go into gigacontrol and assign the external gyro. I tried it with a cheap gyro first and ended up burning the servo. Seems I created a short circuit.
I though about only connecting the gyro output to the gizmo, leaving the gyro signal input unconnected, but I can't imagine that the gyro will produce a good signal then.
So i'm stumped..
Edgar,
Hook up your iGyro3e to your 12-22R just like you would any other receiver. Forget about the Gyro Ex 1/2 ports and Gizmo gyro programming. Just connect the rudders and nose wheel steering channels to the gyro and the rudders/nosewheel servos to the opposite side.

Pick a switch and assign it to an unused channel to control the gain and plug that into the gyro. Follow the normal procedures for making sure the gyro corrects in the right direction and the amount of gain you want.

I put an iGryro3e and an iGyro1e in my A-10 and stuck them right on top of the R12-22R. I hooked them up as described and they work great.

Craig
Old 08-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Edgar Perez

Craig,
I'm very familiar with the iGyro as I had great success with them.
Given that I have two channels (Steering and Rudder) using three 12-22 ports (2 rudders with one port for each, one for the steering), it is not possible to connect all that to just the single rudder connection in the iGyro.
I'm going to give it a try again as Thomas has suggested. If that fail, I will just compromise and use the IGyro in one the the rudders.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:18 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Craig,
I'm very familiar with the iGyro as I had great success with them.
Given that I have two channels (Steering and Rudder) using three 12-22 ports (2 rudders with one port for each, one for the steering), it is not possible to connect all that to just the single rudder connection in the iGyro.
I'm going to give it a try again as Thomas has suggested. If that fail, I will just compromise and use the IGyro in one the the rudders.
OK, understand. Another option would be to use two iGyro 1e's....they have two outputs so you could use one for the rudders and one for the nose wheel steering. At $85 each that's cheaper than one iGyro 3e. A single gain channel/switch to control both.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:40 AM
Edgar Perez

All
Selling my BAT 60
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...805&electric=0

(Staying with DV4 ...)
Old 09-23-2016, 10:59 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Official release from PowerBox is that they are working on a new transmitter which will be compatible with all current Weatronic receivers.
Bad news is that it is not scheduled for release until Autumn 2018.

David.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:46 AM
oistein
My Feedback: (1)

That is great news. To bad it seems to come very late, if the scheduled release is autumn 2018 i think 1 year delay is reasonable assumption which means ready for flying season 2020 at least in the northern part of the world.

Excited to see how this one turns out.

-Oistein

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Official release from PowerBox is that they are working on a new transmitter which will be compatible with all current Weatronic receivers.

David.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:58 AM
richbran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, better a longer test period than the premature release as we have witnessed with the 60/64 and using the first customers as beta testers. I am still happy with my FX30/BT4 modules, can sit it out easily till I am convinced in putting my money in a good product.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:40 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David Gladwin

David.
Good news indeed.. Like Rich, I am happy to wait it out with my DV4/12X..
I hope PB retains Giga control, or something akin to it.. I love using the power of a PC when setting up a complicated model.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:48 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

I agree Roger. I have a JR 28x and it is a superb radio but in some important aspects, (Giga Control and programmability via PC, plus dual RF links,) the Weatronic system is still way ahead and I will continue to use my 12Xs with the module system, it works so very well.

I spoke to Emerich Deutsch at Weston Park and he opined that the Weatronics sRf system is by far the best and he assured me that the new Tx will be compatible with current Rxs etc so I guess he will retain Giga Control etc. It is one of the strengths of the Weatronic system.

Knowing the quality of Powerbox systems I am sure the new Tx will be a first class device, and I look forward to seeing it.

Although he has stated Autumn 18 for release date, I would not be surprised if its earlier, but he is giving his team plenty of time !

We shall see.

David.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.