Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tightening Ultra Bandit fuses...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tightening Ultra Bandit fuses...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
FlyJ

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tightening Ultra Bandit fuses...

I have on more question regarding the finishing of my new Ultra Bandit. What is the best method to get the two parts of the UB fuse? I have tried having one person compress the front and back fuse while I tighten the screw but that method always results in more separation then I feel is acceptable. How do you guys get the two parts of your fuselage as close as possible?

Jordan
Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
rcjet lynch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tightening Ultra Bandit fuses...

Hi Jordan

I used to push in from the back and tighten the top bolts first and then let the fuse settle and then tighten the bottom ones.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tightening Ultra Bandit fuses...

Ditto what Rob said, plus don't forget to file some flats on the pins. What I did was tightened the set screws enough to make a mark then dremel it from the back forward until I got a slot that pops in place and uses the set screw to help pull the fuse tight.

One other thing to do is on the cusps that attach to the fuselage at the wing root (flap) put a small button head screw in from the bottom side, this makes sure the cusp does not depart and jam the flap. BV's system works the extra screw makes sure!

DR