Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

What about a Vampire??

I note this jet rarely gets a mention or does any manufacturer make one. Am I missing something?

Mav
Mav, what's kickin', Baby... Vampire, what country makes or made this puppy? I know the guy on RCU who has that name but that could also be the name of his jet; he designed a jet. You may know him, he's the SimJet USA owner, Kerry Sterner (last name misspelled), I bought my Nexus from him. Anyways, post a photo of that puppy, please.
Hi, The DeHaviland Vampire, Venom and Sea Vixen are very similar style of aircraft. Not to sure of the differences between them.
I had a picture on my computer already so I am attaching it here. I'm 99.9% sure it is a Vampire.

I have been in contact with Kerry Sterner... He produces plans in your choice of scale however he prefers to be contacted by his business E-Mail and has never responded to me when I send him mail to that address... Just a comment there...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81660.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1303541  
Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: eric_monster

Hey Guys,

I know I am really new to r/c jets. But I have been lurking in this part of the forum for a long while now. I am a big fan of FEJ and am told that Santa is going to be good to me this year.

That said, I like the T-38 idea, because I like the NASA scheme. However, I agree with CDB-RAE that an F-5 would be an easier sell and has more paint schemes available. Also, why restrict new aircraft to military? Why not offer something like a Lear 45?
As for prop driven, I am a big warbird nut. But do have to agree with a lot of what has been said here, that nail has been beaten on the head. I know there are not a lot of guys with turboprops out there, but I was thinking seeing a King Air would bee really cool. Or a C-130 would be even better.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Though I know as a total noob, my opinion does not have a lot of weight to it.

Eric
Eric, what's up, Baby... Let me set you straight right freakin' now. You're in Mr DJ's room and Mr DJ is kool as S*** Your opinion means the same as those flyin' for 40 years - you got it! I very much appreciate your inputs, thank you, Sir. Well alright now, let's continue rollin'... I always wanted a Lear and I did have a C-130 from Hobby Lobby I think it was. Had 4 OS 25s on that puppy; 100" ws; flew nice but was made of pure cheap and I mean cheap plastic. Anyways, I was flyin' that puppy on a so so windy day; turned to look at the wind sock for a freakin' nano second and when I turned back, she was headed south quick, fast, and in a hurry. You may recall I said in the future I see us into multi-engine birds - I'm down with another C-130.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Mr DJ, for some reason when I read your post it was in the voice of Isaac Hayes (Chef from Southpark). I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Andy, what's goin' down, Baby... U R 2 funny. You must have seen my videos [img][/img]Thank you, Sir...

How did you guess? lol, anyway, your enthusiasim for FEJ is very addictive. I should put my grievances aside and come back home. They are really putting out some cool stuff and I hate sitting in the sidelines watching all the excitement.

Andy
Andy, come on back, Baby...we miss U. And thank you, Sir for the compliment.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: CDB-RAE

hello

my 2 c F-5 is a lot better than T-38 a lot more paint scheme available
MIG-17 almost none in arf; should fly like the 15 and lot paint scheme
MIG-21 of course
and for the warbird the only one and the best hawker TEMPEST very nice in flight and u can fit any engines without pb

thanks
CDB, what's kickin', Baby... I'm pushin' the Migs: 15, 17, and 21. You and Eric say the F-5 is Hot, can you post a photo please. Thank you, Sir...
Old 10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: schroedm

DJ,

Full composite A6M zero for Moki 250cc radial - if they agree to that I'll order one right here and now!

Cheers,
Mark
And you got to have a Hellcat for the Moki 250 radial to chase the Zero.[8D]
Old 10-28-2009, 11:52 AM
eric_monster

Hope this works, first time posting an pic.

But here is a decent representation of the F-5
Old 10-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: eric_monster
Hope this works, first time posting an pic.

But here is a decent representation of the F-5
Eric - two things:

- That photo is freakin' huge - how did you do that, and
- I need my butt kicked, I know what a freakin' F-5 is/was; I spent 20 freakin' years in Air Force back when the F-5 was still alive. Man, I must be gettin' older than the norm. It was either that plane or the T-38 Talon that the Air Force Thunderbirds were flying when four of them crashed at Nellis AFB NV. I was stationed there at that time. After that, they moved to the current F-16s.

Thanks for the photo.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

quote:

ORIGINAL: JSF-TC

Mr DJ,

How about a 1/6th scale Hawker Hunter.

Sign me up now if you can get that on the list.

I ran a poll a few months ago with really positive responses.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...anchor/tm.htm#

Regards

Paul

Paul

What was the end result of that? I'm not into polls; someone did a poll a while back and the Tornado won so FEJ built it and no one is buying it. There's nothing like a live Lobbyist workin' the House for you.

Mr DJ
"FEJ Rep" - evoJet 160, AMT 450, Nexus, Bee, YA, TBM, Global Jet Club. FEJ A-10/F-4/14/15/16/18/T-33/Liberty/Mig-29/Draken
Mr DJ,

Not sure what you mean by the question - end result. The poll got about 100 votes, and the issue of the Hunter being ignored as an all-time classic jet that is hardly ever modelled seems to surface every so often. I believe that there is a large market for a moderately sized version done well with the latest all-molded technology, with the over-whelming preference from the poll for one at 1/6th scale. I had PM'd Anton at SM, and he had a few questions, but I did not get any confirmation as to whether he was considering including it in the SM line for the future.

The real aircraft was exported all round the world as the UK's most successful post-WWII fighter, and is a classic equally as valuable as the F-86 and MIG-15, and deserves to be available in model form.

Given the large number built and the number of users around the world, there is no shortage of colorful schemes to choose from.

Please see if you can push this one forward, although I can understand the reservations after the Tornado, although that aircraft is an order of magnitude more complex due to the wing sweep mechanism, so I can understand the slow selling issue.

Thanks

Paul
Old 10-28-2009, 12:56 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please see if you can push this one forward, although I can understand the reservations after the Tornado, although that aircraft is an order of magnitude more complex due to the wing sweep mechanism, so I can understand the slow selling issue.
I am not sure where the info comes from regarding the slow selling of the Tornado but if that is true I am not surprised. How many of them are in circulation and flying on a regular basis? I only know of one and that has only flown once or twice. I am all for lots of new models but surely FEJ should concentrate on getting the ones working properly that they are already selling?

Go on FEJ, prove me wrong and put a proper video of the Tornado on your website that shows the take-off, landing and wing sweep. People might actually start buying them if there is proof that they work.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:16 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: siclick33

Go on FEJ, prove me wrong and put a proper video of the Tornado on your website that shows the take-off, landing and wing sweep. People might actually start buying them if there is proof that they work.
Gotta agree with this! i was about to pull the trigger on the tornado, but decided not to due to that lack of.. well everything. theirs no videos', very few photos, etc etc of this particular plane, and to mention once again, It and the F-14's wing attachment structure just rubs me the wrong way..

But the hunter would be simply awesome in a 28lb size
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
CDB-RAE

hello

if u go to http://wp.scn.ru/en/news u will find lot of scheme i think than more than 30 countries were or still flying the F-5
thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

The Marines fly the F-5 as agressors at Fallon. Only ones in the US military now. Everything else is T-38's.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Mr DJ

quote:

Mr DJ,

How about a 1/6th scale Hawker Hunter.

Sign me up now if you can get that on the list.

I ran a poll a few months ago with really positive responses.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...anchor/tm.htm#

Regards

Paul

Paul

What was the end result of that? I'm not into polls; someone did a poll a while back and the Tornado won so FEJ built it and no one is buying it. There's nothing like a live Lobbyist workin' the House for you.

Mr DJ
"FEJ Rep" - evoJet 160, AMT 450, Nexus, Bee, YA, TBM, Global Jet Club. FEJ A-10/F-4/14/15/16/18/T-33/Liberty/Mig-29/Draken
Mr DJ,

Not sure what you mean by the question - end result. The poll got about 100 votes, and the issue of the Hunter being ignored as an all-time classic jet that is hardly ever modelled seems to surface every so often. I believe that there is a large market for a moderately sized version done well with the latest all-molded technology, with the over-whelming preference from the poll for one at 1/6th scale. I had PM'd Anton at SM, and he had a few questions, but I did not get any confirmation as to whether he was considering including it in the SM line for the future.

The real aircraft was exported all round the world as the UK's most successful post-WWII fighter, and is a classic equally as valuable as the F-86 and MIG-15, and deserves to be available in model form.

Given the large number built and the number of users around the world, there is no shortage of colorful schemes to choose from.

Thanks

Paul
Paul
I looked up the Hunter, it is a nice lookin’ bird, I will push it. What size where you lookin’ at?
Other:
Gents and Ladies: The purpose of this thread ismerely to inform you of what FEJ is releasing soon and from me, since I have a lot of pull, to push certain models that YOU, the potential customer would like tofly – that’s it! Oh and maybe have some fun while doing it.
This civil thread is not to air your heartburn(s) with FEJ, please. I’m asking you for a Gentleman’s Agreement on this. If you wish to ask questions or express your concerns directly to FEJ, please go to their Web and use the contact us info provided. Thank you kindly. Respectfully, Mr DJ
Old 10-28-2009, 01:42 PM
RonTins

Hey Mr DJ:
What's shaking? Been quite a while since we met at EL house. Personally I think the sizes FEJ offers right now are fine. I don't see the big deal with having a 1/5.5 scale F-16 and a 1/6 scale F-18. If most of the issues are ironed out and the F-16 has an option that comes with leading edge slats, i believe it would be a great ticket item since it would be the only only in direct compitition with the netherlands kit. I like the F-18 as well, and if all holds up well, u could be counting me on both kits. I've been disappointed twice (building ARFS) so this time I want a kit that would enable me build myself.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Bob Toilet

Hi
I would like to see a good size SR 71 from FEJ! Had the large F-15, and has just ordered th F-4 Phantom

Christian
Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: fiifiward

Hey Mr DJ:
What's shaking? Been quite a while since we met at EL house. Personally I think the sizes FEJ offers right now are fine. I don't see the big deal with having a 1/5.5 scale F-16 and a 1/6 scale F-18. If most of the issues are ironed out and the F-16 has an option that comes with leading edge slats, i believe it would be a great ticket item since it would be the only only in direct compitition with the netherlands kit. I like the F-18 as well, and if all holds up well, u could be counting me on both kits. I've been disappointed twice (building ARFS) so this time I want a kit that would enable me build myself.
Fiifiward, what’s up, Baby… Now you have me at the advantage, for I don’t have a clue who you are – a name may help.
I think we do have another bird coming out with leading edge slats; James and I were discussing that over dinner not long ago, but that could have been for the large F-18. You know I’m an old man and some times I forget to take my Ginko, along with my Tylenol, Excedrin, Advil, oh, and some Aspirin
Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

How about 2 metre Viperjet and EDF intake ducting for your existing P80 size airframes.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: Bob Toilet

Hi
I would like to see a good size SR 71 from FEJ! Had the large F-15, and has just ordered th F-4 Phantom

Christian
Christian, my Man, what up Baby… U have instantly become my best friend . We talked about this about a year ago; that is one difficult puppy to build. Have you checked out the Sled? I’m sure you have as we all have; what a masterpiece. Due to its size, shipping, etc., the idea died. But that was then. Let me try again. What size would you be interested in?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Bob Toilet

Hi Mr DJ
It must be big! twin 160`s would be perfect. about 4 metres in length? I had the Jetwelt F-104 Starfighter, 3,4 metres long, no problem to transport in my Skoda Octavia, because the fuselage was in three pieces. I only had to make it in two for transport though.

Christian

ORIGINAL: Bob Toilet

Hi

Christian
Christian, my Man, what up Baby… U have instantly become my best friend [img][/img]. We talked about this about a year ago; that is one difficult puppy to build. Have you checked out the Sled? I’m sure you have as we all have; what a masterpiece. Due to its size, shipping, etc., the idea died. But that was then. Let me try again. What size would you be interested in?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21179.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1303746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71403.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1303747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25908.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1303748  
Old 10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
sweetpea01
My Feedback: (10)

Would it be possible to produce a F-4 that could run off a 18lb turbine (bifurcated of course)?

I'm just throwing out there that there seems to be a lack of smaller planes that are bifurcated.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
RonTins

ORIGINAL: fiifiward

Hey Mr DJ:
Fiifiward, what’s up, Baby… Now you have me at the advantage, for I don’t have a clue who you are – a name may help.
I think we do have another bird coming out with leading edge slats; James and I were discussing that over dinner not long ago, but that could have been for the large F-18. You know I’m an old man and some times I forget to take my Ginko, along with my Tylenol, Excedrin, Advil, oh, and some Aspirin [img][/img]
Hey MrDJ:

If you recall, you met a brother at Eddie's house for his 30 annivarsary.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
molo_30

Bob I hear where you coming from but lets be realistic, how many people can afford to purchase a sled that large and put two 160 size turbines in it?

I think that FEJ have a plethora of large models now and need to concentrate on the smaller sizes. Firstly fix the ones released already and secondly trying to lure the first timers with the smaller cheaper models.

If you FEJ can provide a good first time experience for a new jet modeller than they will get repeat business when the customer wants to upgrade.

I personally can't see them selling more than 20 - 30 big F18s just due to the fact that customers will need a truck to move it. Not exactly a sunday flier. My two cents.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Their s a nee for the P-60 P-70 size Jet, They will fit into a car... their are a bunch of them around they don't burn a lot of fuel. cost less to outfit.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Bob Toilet

Hi molo_30

I think a lot of people can afford it, to the FEJ prices. BVM is still in business, with his prices!!! The Kingcat is 4895 USD go fly, that is 1000USD more than the GIANT F-18 from FEJ! Yes you can say that BVM is superior etc. (and i agree), but FEJ is getting better and better.

Christian

ORIGINAL: molo_30

Bob I hear where you coming from but lets be realistic, how many people can afford to purchase a sled that large and put two 160 size turbines in it?

I think that FEJ have a plethora of large models now and need to concentrate on the smaller sizes. Firstly fix the ones released already and secondly trying to lure the first timers with the smaller cheaper models.

If you FEJ can provide a good first time experience for a new jet modeller than they will get repeat business when the customer wants to upgrade.

I personally can't see them selling more than 20 - 30 big F18s just due to the fact that customers will need a truck to move it. Not exactly a sunday flier. My two cents.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Whats the size on the P-40, if the size is right I know a guy who will be buying one before production begins....but you can put me down for a Sky Raider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.