Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 14MZ Failsafe with Jetcat Titan

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 14MZ Failsafe with Jetcat Titan

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:25 PM
readyturn
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14MZ Failsafe with Jetcat Titan

OK- What is the method to get failsafe programmed with the 14MZ... The same question that was asked for the JR system.

Thanks for the help.

Rick
Old 10-31-2009, 08:53 PM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14MZ Failsafe with Jetcat Titan

- SET Throttle ATV to 100%
- Setup the tx failsafe such as the throttle is as low as possible
- Then reduce the ATV to + / - 75%
- Peform a learn RC

When you shut off the tx, the failsafe will cause the signal to go to -100%, which is out of range for the ECU and will cause the Jetcat ecu to enter failsafe. You can verify it was programmed properly by using the GSU.

Arnaud
Old 10-31-2009, 09:03 PM
readyturn

Thanks Arnaud. I'll give it a try.

Rick
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Certainly the above instructions, derived from how the JR guys do it, will work .. but seem odd to me.

My process with the 14MZ (presumably the same for 12Z/12X): Set ATV to +/- 100%, reverse the channel (at least I had to for my Wren 54 and Behotec 180), do the "learn" procedure, then set the failsafe value for throttle to a value below the low throttle value (e.g. 125%). This is the key difference from some of the JR systems .. you can set the failsafe position to a specific value vs. binding with the channel at the failsafe position .. I think that's where the 75% thing came in...

I set my 14MZ to use the left top slider (right next to the throttle stick) as the analog trim for the throttle channel, seemed more natural to me .. full low trim is turbine off, full up trim is "ready to start". I know some guys use the regular digital throttle trim, and set the step size per trim click to be larger. I just like the visual indication of where the trim is. I always liked the analog throttle trim on the JR systems, even when all the other trims are digital.

As I said above, I assume the +/- 75% is compensating for the binding/failsafe setting of the JR systems .. but maybe it's for turbines other than the ones I use.. perhaps a 14mz/Jetcat user could comment.

sorry, I guess I am making this complicated .. not my intent .. just curious...

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 AM
readyturn

Thanks for the additional feedback..

Rick