Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best Smoke Oil?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best Smoke Oil?

Old 04-06-2015, 08:54 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is some super dri:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9GXPmvR0Y
Old 04-07-2015, 06:22 AM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Disco, maybe they didn't like shipping to you. I haven't purchased any Aerocumolus yet this year but I did get a 10 gallon order last summer and the price for both cans delivered to my door was not anywhere near what you are listing.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:29 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any idea what is in the concrete form release stuff ? Could be some really bad stuff for the lungs . A MSDS sheet should be available
and then go from there as to the toxicity of the concoction when burned an released into the air . Could be real poison..... big time . Just a healthy question.

Last edited by stegl; 04-07-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Timeflys

Originally Posted by stegl
Any idea what is in the concrete form release stuff ? Could be some really bad stuff for the lungs . A MSDS sheet should be available
and then go from there as to the toxicity of the concoction when burned an released into the air . Just a healthy question.
I would like to know this also
Old 04-07-2015, 09:47 AM
stegl

Default Fastenal MSDS

Here is the link hope it works. Link....... [ATTACH]2087031[/IMG]

Not good stuff. Hazardous material, Avoid heat and flame, heavier than air, and avoid breathing smoke. Pretty much sums it up but is good reading for those that are concerned with health for themselves and others. Apparently not allowed into Brazil for use as concrete form release agent of all places. Very toxic at any time leave alone being burned.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
UNITEX_36004.pdf (17.6 KB, 183 views)

Last edited by stegl; 04-07-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:41 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

From what I read its a petroleum distillate of sorts. MSDS doesn't look any worse than a mineral spirit or a paraffin oil or similar CAS.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:25 PM
stegl

By what I can figure is the major component is diesel fuel plus following additives that is probably the killer when burned but also in unburned:
1,2,3 - triethylbenzene
Biphenyl
Naphthalene
Xylene
Cunene
Benzene
All in smaller quantities but non the less bad stuff......... won't see me using it as I value my friends and fellow flyers too much.

Checked on the Super Dri smoke oil and though not nearly as bad ; still should not be inhaled; burned or unburned state.

Last edited by stegl; 04-07-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:37 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Originally Posted by sailing1
Disco, maybe they didn't like shipping to you. I haven't purchased any Aerocumolus yet this year but I did get a 10 gallon order last summer and the price for both cans delivered to my door was not anywhere near what you are listing.

shipping on this is $33.00
http://aerographix.biz/Remote-Contro...?product_id=39

do the math 113, maybe you they "like you" and give you cheaper shipping? All I know is that I can get super dri for the same price from tower and based on my experience with both I much rather use super dri.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:43 PM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran Super dry, robart, and Aeroculumulis back to back last year. There is a very big difference in the aeroculumulis & super dry vs robart.

Both (super dry and aeroculumulis) stayed in the air with thick white smoke. Then I re ran the super dry and aeroculumulis... And many people thought the aeroculumulis left a thicker whiter smoke trail. By the way, I did this on a 40% airplane and my Futura.

I had had a few guys decide as I could only watch the plane and they watched the smoke.

One big thing I noticed with the Aeroculumulis vs the robart is that it didn't flair up (catch on fire) behind the turbine... Whereas the robart lit up easily.

Aeroculumulis is all the way.