Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetMach Super Sport from LDS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetMach Super Sport from LDS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 AM
DMehalko
My Feedback: (42)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JetMach Super Sport from LDS

Hey guys, After flying RC airplanes for over 12 years now, Full scale for 2 years, everything from 1/2a to 35% IMAC airplanes I am ready for a Jet.

I would like to keep my first fairly simple, but dont want any of those Lame High wing trainers, nor a $1,000+ composite airframe.

I found this kit, seems to be very little info on this forum about it, most of which looks like its from the company's Rep or owner. The jet looks cool, pretty boxy, but still would somewhere to start and have fun with

Any experience with this? I have built several kits, nothing super fancy, a TF Sea fury was probably the most complex I've built.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:43 AM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetMach Super Sport from LDS

I've seen it fly and it is great - sporty but simple, and seems to have a wide and very friendly flight envelope. The build seems to be straight ahead and you could get help all along the way here and I'm sure by phone. Ihave no affiliation with the guys - but fly at a common field and those guys (Bob and Ronnie) are as straight as they come. Whatever you decide on, welcome to the cult..... you'll never be the same again (and neither will your wallet!)
Old 12-01-2009, 07:18 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DM, You have just stumbled upon the best secret of the jet builders world. This is the best bang for the buck. Like Smitty said, The flight envelope is unreal. I have one of these kits and have seen them fly on You-Tube. You are steering yourself into the right direction. Good luck with whatever you do. Shok or Bob can even fix you up with a good match of a turbine for this airframe. Namely the KingTech-80. Like Smitty said also, You will never be the same.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 PM
DMehalko

Looks like im going to order one of these kits, I really like the price on the kingtech turbine, but at the same time that concerns me, should i spend the extra $500-700 bux for a jetcat?

I'll have to wait till after the holidays to order this guy but im pretty much set on it[8D]
Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

If Todd at Dreamworks is supporting/servicingit, Iwould say it is the real deal. That being said - I would get a Rabbit , but that's just me
Old 12-02-2009, 06:39 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

DM, no need to worry about the kingtech, it's running great, and Todd is the service point for all the Kingtech motors we sell.

Hey Smitty, it's got the same ecu as your rabbit
Old 12-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Speny

I have ordered one of these from Bob at LDS and my tracking number says it has now left UK customs and is en-route to my local depot.

I hope to collect it tommorrow and will post some teaser pictures here.

[link]http://store.laser-design-services.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=59[/link]

Hopefully this will become the official build thread so that all info can be gathered.

Not the pretiest plane but simple and very cost effective.

Watch this space because I predict its going to be very popular.

Mart

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27065.jpg
Views:	1374
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1331879  
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

You may want to check with Greg Moore over in co springs or other jet pilots in your area, the engine will probably be fine but may take some tweaking due to your alititude. Greg has run every type of motor out there and is really patient (sic) in dealing with them.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:08 AM
DMehalko

Why hello again jet gents, after taking a long break from the rc world I am back, and still looking to build a turbine, this one in particular, but still havent seen much information on this at all! Over the past 5 years are there anymore people flying this jet? Cant find one build thread, so maybe its time to start one
Old 08-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Prototype build thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ype-build.html

Manufacturer store:
http://store.laser-design-services.c...products_id=59

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BrpAyw5VME

Google is your friend....
Old 08-27-2014, 09:50 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes, sir. It is unanimous! We want to see more build threads. And as was trending back then, Kingtech has indeed emerged as a great new turbine!

Did you get the kit after all?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Si_B

Be good to see this going together. Was tempted by this, but I already have a Turbinator plan and will probably build that from scratch. Both of the build thread have gone quiet so be good to see some balsa bashing going on.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 08-27-2014, 11:29 AM
DMehalko

Sounds good, I think I will be ordering this kit this time around, and thanks zeeb, but thats the 106" prototype, and definitely know where to buy it, just seems like no one has these.

This shall become my build thread
Old 08-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DMehalko
Sounds good, I think I will be ordering this kit this time around, and thanks zeeb, but thats the 106" prototype, and definitely know where to buy it, just seems like no one has these.

This shall become my build thread
Well I didn't know anything about the model, what attracted my interest was the use of the company's initials; "LDS" around here that means Mormons or the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", LDS for short.... lol

Hope it works out for you, my first jet was the KingCat in my Avatar. The first time you put your first turbine in the air, you won't believe how much your hands will shake, what a kick!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:27 PM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

You'll enjoy the kit Bob is a great guy and he's a real stand up guy for support. He uses good balsa, etc. As another balsa basher, I appreciate what he's doing. I don't know what documentation goes with it, but he's had it out for a while.

I believe Ronnie flew the prototype at either Waco or Austin some years back and recall nothing bad about it except for the turbine he was using....but that's no reflection on the kit and it's design. Seemed really solid to me in construction.

Tell you what, you start a balsa build thread and I will to.

Got out a scratch build I'm itching to finish but just haven't had the push to get it done...it's about time.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:38 AM
DMehalko

Your on Chuck! Time to build my 1st turbine
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 AM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Dang it....

Now I'm out of excuses. Better sweep the shop and clear the tables, I guess.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:00 AM
El Chupacabra

Here is my Jet Mach Super sport maiden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q5ephH1p3c . Love this plane. Now crashed, will build new fuselage this winter.