Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

***Announcement, of Name Change for High River Jet Rally***

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

***Announcement, of Name Change for High River Jet Rally***

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ***Announcement, of Name Change for High River Jet Rally***

This announcement to let you know that we now have a name change to the rally known as the High River RC Jet Rally to Jets over Cayley. After having a meeting today with the airport owner, we agreed to the name change that better reflects where geographically the event will be held.
Out of the meeting some interesting options that we will be able to offer our pilots who wish to attend the rally July 23-25/2010.
First we will be offering hangar space to all that wish to have it, on the basis of room in the hangar. This space will be offered for a small price (TBD possibly 10.00) for the whole weekend. The funds that will be raised out of this will be given to the local school.
Second we will be offering for purchase Jet A fuel at market cost pricing. So those of you that do not wish to hall your fuel all around North America will have that opportunity to take advantage of. We will need at some point a count of how much fuel we will need on hand. The owner is willing to bring it in by the barral for us. He is also looking at bringing in turbine oil Aeroshell 500 and BP 2380 as well and again this would be at market cost. As we get closer to the event we will provide pricing for this. If there is no response from anyone to have the fuel and oil on hand it will not be available. This will only be provided as a convience to our pilots.
We have a lot of things yet to organize but we are planning to have on site concessions, overnight camping(with no hookups), possible banquet, portable toilets, there may a ticket draw where the owner of the airport may, donate a ride in a Stearman.
At this point the only fees that we are considering will be those that wish to have the hangar space.
We our open for sponsorship if any of our past sponsors wish to participate give me a call or send an email. We will be changing the website when my nephew has time, so please be patient.
So we are alive and well again after 2007, and we would like to extend to a hearty Southern Alberta invitation to join us in July for Jets over Cayley.
Please check this forum for further updates.

Alan Blore