Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

F22 : Shame on you !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

F22 : Shame on you !

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: F22 : Shame on you !

Why is it OK for the French to only buy French but a horrible thing for Americans to only want to buy American?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

asian
I don't know who Pi$$ed in you stew, But my disagreement happens to to be with Strykass . I've been around the world a few times and I've heard the shouts of "Yankee Go Home" ,but its OK for those whose country(Invited by their Govn't) I arrived in to assist in either earthquake,flood, military assistance or act as PEACE KEEPERS to tell me to go home. I don't know when you put your life on the line for Ireland ? I've been shot at and sh*t at supporting the United States, Which,by choice , IS MY COUNTRY, RIGHT or Wrong, I will defend it and ITS Ideas.
But we digress from the topic ...with that said I'll just open a COLD bottle of Guinness , walk out side and yell Go Home Strykass !

Semper Fi
Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Strykaas

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

Why is it OK for the French to only buy French but a horrible thing for Americans to only want to buy American?

MMhhh I don't think you will not find any US made goods here...
Old 12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Strykaas

MMhhh I don't think you will not find any US made goods here...
Hum... while everything in your computer, its peripherals, your internet connection, etc. may no longer be US made, they were all US invented and a I *guarantee* that none of them were French made - or invented...

Bob
Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM
rhklenke

''The best solution for the US Air Force and American taxpayers'' [sm=thumbup.gif]

http://www.northropgrumman.com/kc45/

Northrop has virtually given up.

Too bad such patriotism blind them so much
There are plenty of people in the Air Force who disagree with that first statement and most US taxpayers were against the KC-45 for exactly the same reason you are for it. Why should we create so many jobs (or any) for people in France when (by your own admission) they don't buy anything of substance from us - and apparently don't even like us (until their ***** is in another sling)?

On the other hand, Airbus/EDAS's development costs are completely underwritten by the governments of the EU - even the WTO now agrees with that, and quite frankly, I think Boeing needs, and should get, the KC-X program just to help them compete - its our tax money, use it to help out our companies.

Bob
Old 12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strykass,
Why don't you and your little meerkat climb back into the chicken hole from whence you emerged.
You sure do sound ungrateful for all that OUR country has done for yours.
What brings you to despise the U.S. so much? Why would you possibly have a problem with our patriotism?

I'm definitely with U.J.
If you have a problem with our country...just leave.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Shaun Evans

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Strykass,
Why don't you and your little meerkat climb back into the chicken hole from whence you emerged.
What brings you to despise the U.S. so much? Why would you possibly have a problem with our patriotism?

I'm definitely with U.J.

Amen! Bravo!

I think we should ALL be TRUE patriots and uphold the TRUE American ideal: ONE MIND, ONE THOUGHT! After all, this country was founded on the notion that all men should either agree with you or GET OUT!!!! Dissenters are unpatriotic cowards and critics are seditious and give aid and comfort to the enemy!!!!!!!!! LOL

Now, of course I mean this facetiously. I do find it interesting, though, that for many, the word "Patriot" seems to only apply to matters of war. For me, a true Patriot believes in (and stands up for) the REAL American ideals like free speech, free thought, human rights, freedom from government intrusion and oppression, etc. A real Patriot believes in these ideals even when they are manifest in opposition to his own beliefs or opinions...

My partiotic act for the day: Instill some basic knowledge of world history into my kid. By the end of the day, my four-year-old son will be able to do what fewer than 1 in 4 Oklahoma high school students can...... He'll be able to name (AND identify by sight) the first President of the United States.

I'm almost ashamed to wonder aloud what percentage of French and Irish high schoolers can do that....
Old 12-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Strykaas

Why should we create so many jobs (or any) for people in France when (by your own admission) they don't buy anything of substance from us - and apparently don't even like us (until their ***** is in another sling)?
You certainly haven't noticed that the whole Northrop proposal includes building all these tankers on your home land, no way creating jobs in Europe...

I'm not for it. USAF will probably have a smaller, less capable aircraft : and those are facts. Just read the tech specs, those are quite different proposals. Intense lobbying behind this issue, but it's rather US vs. US than anything else.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Evil_Merlin

If you are the one from Ireland, I disagree. I've spent many many months in Athlone... lots of US products there.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 PM
rhklenke

You certainly haven't noticed that the whole Northrop proposal includes building all these tankers on your home land, no way creating jobs in Europe...

I'm not for it. USAF will probably have a smaller, less capable aircraft : and those are facts. Just read the tech specs, those are quite different proposals. Intense lobbying behind this issue, but it's rather US vs. US than anything else.
Yes, I have read the whole proposal and followed that program fairly closely. NG's plan was (is) to (re) assemble an aircraft that was designed and mostly built elsewhere and then militarize it here. As I said above, Boeing has to compete against unfair trade practices used by Airbus/EDAS and thus should get the entire KC-X program to help them compete in both the military and commercial transport market. That is the way the majority of the US taxpayers felt. In addition, the NG team proposed an aircraft that was larger and more expensive than the Air Force originally said that they would need and like any kid in a candy store, the Generals went for it...

BTW, since you're not going to pay for it, whether you're for it or not doesn't make a tinkers da&%...

Bob
Old 12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Strykaas

What is the difference in terms of cost between the two ? Why is that in the latest RFP, it is clearly specified "the cheaper, the winner". When I buy something, I generally take the best quality/price ratio...

BTW, since you're not going to pay for it
It's already done. Haven't you heard about the trial between Boeing and Airbus regarding Euro govt subsidies towards Airbus to precisely develop airliners, e.g the A330 on which NG's proposal is based ?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:10 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Strykass,
<snip>
Strykass,

What part of that didn't you understand? The "just" part or the "leave" part.

Hey guys, you should check out Strykass' profile. Wow, he bought and overhauled a Sig Wonder. Did that .15 engine give him any heartache? I see he has a bipe with an engine that has never run. Whose .46 sized pattern plane is that?

Strykaas, clearly you don't fly model jets, and just as clearly from your posts you don't know much about full-sized jets either. What are you doing here in this forum? Isn't [link=http://www.needlepoint.com/index.php/gallery.html]THIS[/link] a bit more your speed?

As Paul asked, "Why don't you and your little meerkat climb back into the chicken hole from whence you emerged?"

Bye,

Jim
Old 12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Strykaas

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)"
Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
aslan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UNCLJOE...... Good people make countries,not politicians,and please,as YOU brought it up,be under no illusion that every country you personally entered invited you to do so. There is a vast difference between humane reasons and war
and you have put them in the same category.....why? You are not having a disagreement with the guy, you are having a personal war. Do me a favour and have a look at a film called "TEAM AMERICA....WORLD POLICE" It would do you no harm to seperate good American people from bad American politics,and believe me I think America is a great great country of people.Unfortunately you say country when it should be people. The stew bit,not the pi€€€ed bit, is typical of your attitude to those who disagree with you. you should really relax on the Semper Fi.....you are not one anymore,I'm sure you are proud that you were one, and that is to be admired.Just to add, I would not think twice about defending my people(not country) from aggressors,and telling them to go home either. And it is a shame on you to imply that people from countries you went to,in order to offer humane assistance told you personally to go home. At least you say right or Wrong...... so you have no conscience regarding what's wrong.....scary.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Asian
Once a US Marine Always a Marine.
Semper Fi
Old 12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
aslan

No Evil Merlin, I am,not strykaas, the "one from Ireland" who thought that it was unfair to launch personal attacks on other members, which led to this insult, along with the one from Yellowaircraft regarding my kids education...............................
"I don't know who Pi$$ed in you stew, But my disagreement happens to to be with Strykass . I've been around the world a few times and I've heard the shouts of "Yankee Go Home" ,but its OK for those whose country(Invited by their Govn't) I arrived in to assist in either earthquake,flood, military assistance or act as PEACE KEEPERS to tell me to go home. I don't know when you put your life on the line for Ireland ? I've been shot at and sh*t at supporting the United States, Which,by choice , IS MY COUNTRY, RIGHT or Wrong, I will defend it and ITS Ideas.
But we digress from the topic ...with that said I'll just open a COLD bottle of Guinness , walk out side and yell Go Home Strykass !

Semper Fi"

Its "Aslan" as in Lion,uncljoe...maybe it's because you think it's Asian that prompts your agressive posts.I'm well aware of once a marine always a marine.......but surely not always at war my friend....
Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 PM
rhklenke

It's already done. Haven't you heard about the trial between Boeing and Airbus regarding Euro govt subsidies towards Airbus to precisely develop airliners, e.g the A330 on which NG's proposal is based ?
Yes, I did and the World Trade Organization has ruled that the Government subsidies that Airbus has received constitute unfair trade practices, what about that did you miss? ([link=http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/05/business/global/05wto.html]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/05/business/global/05wto.html[/link]) Even if the NG/Airbus consortium were to win, they may be ruled ineligible.

My other point was, its not your tanker, so you don't get a say in who builds it anyway...

Bob
Old 12-11-2009, 07:50 PM
bambam102

WOW!!!! I really tried to warn you guys! ENJOY.......
Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Evil_Merlin

Um, if you think asking if you were the one from Ireland makes a personal attack you have VERY VERY thin skin...

Besides, I'm not a fan of Guinness. Give me a cold pint of Bulmers and all is set though... Even the Pear Bulmers is good (heresy I know... I can't help it. it tastes GOOD).
Old 12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Shaun Evans

Aslan,

I think you may have misunderstood that comment. I meant to infer that it was more likely that your Irish kids could name the first President of the United States than the average American kid.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 PM
gooseF22

Well said about the f15 Shaun !!! F15s forever !
Here is one fact :

The power to weight ratio is way higher on the f15 compared to the f22, hence better acceleration and climb (although the f15 cannot climb as high as the f22 is able to).

Another fact : a so called ''stealth'' f117 was downed by outdated flak during yougoslavia war not so long ago. Food for thought.
NOt true
Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 PM
gooseF22

Is True..

ORIGINAL: cactusflyer

You can see in that video the holes made by FLAK.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/F-117.MPG
Yep, That's what happens when the war fighters are required by their leaders to fly the same ingress and egress routes for nearly ALL the missions. All it took was a couple guys in Italy with a cell phone to call when the F-117 took off and a clock to determine when the bird was going to pass overhead.........or wait for the return after the bombs were dropped.... Fish in a barrel courtesy of military ''leadership''..........And this is from a guy that was forced to plan this stuff that way...............

Tailwinds,

John
Old 12-11-2009, 11:53 PM
gooseF22

My thoughts on things..

F-22 is the most amazing plane I have ever personally seen or flown against. I was a chase pilot for the progam. I flew the F-16 mostly shooting pics and performing support. From there spent 4 years in the F-22 program working on its Air to ground capability. I just laugh at most of the silly comments out there. I would take any F-16/15/22 against any other's country fighter. The Raf is a pretty good system overall, but I wasn't impressed totally. I will take a block 50 CCIP F-16 over it, or any F-22. It breaks my heart to have it bashed the way it has been. Yes its expensive, but so will any other future fighter or bomber be.. I dont wish to get into details here, but you ask any fighter pilot that is FLYING the F-22 what jet of ALL in the world he would want in war... the answer would be a quick 'raptor'. I asked... I have seen with my eyes what it can do, and it is amazing.. It is the victim of politics..

If you ask an F-16 pilot whats the best plane, they will say Mine... as will an F15 or a B52 pilot. THe best one is the one strapped to your *****. and that is the real fact. I enjoyed every plane I flew. Some were better than others.. THere is also alot of difference in performance of the fighters, as they evolved in production.. SAme as the B-52. It evolved as well, motors, avionics, capability... Another fact of all programs..

Tankers: I like the bigger ones, the KC-10 was favored by most of us fighter pilots, because it had great capacity, good speed, and could haul a 6 ship across the ocean, ALONG with a squadron's people, and alot of gear. So future KC's should be Big, and have dual capability... Beyond that, I dont really care which one. just get it done. But again politics...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and favorites..including me... Only difference is: been there done that.. I will shut up now..and go back to building my F-16..
Old 12-12-2009, 12:17 AM
bambam102

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Strykass,

I'm definitely with U.J.

Amen! Bravo!

I think we should ALL be TRUE patriots and uphold the TRUE American ideal: ONE MIND, ONE THOUGHT! After all, this country was founded on the notion that all men should either agree with you or GET OUT!!!! Dissenters are unpatriotic cowards and critics are seditious and give aid and comfort to the enemy!!!!!!!!! LOL

Now, of course I mean this facetiously. I do find it interesting, though, that for many, the word ''Patriot'' seems to only apply to matters of war. For me, a true Patriot believes in (and stands up for) the REAL American ideals like free speech, free thought, human rights, freedom from government intrusion and oppression, etc. A real Patriot believes in these ideals even when they are manifest in opposition to his own beliefs or opinions...

My partiotic act for the day: Instill some basic knowledge of world history into my kid. By the end of the day, my four-year-old son will be able to do what fewer than 1 in 4 Oklahoma high school students can...... He'll be able to name (AND identify by sight) the first President of the United States.

I'm almost ashamed to wonder aloud what percentage of French and Irish high schoolers can do that....
What I find interesting is the regularity with which the word "patriotism" can get under the skin of many of those who choose not to serve in the military.
I cant speak for others, but I can most assuredly tell you that I know there are a multitude of ways to be patriotic that are not military connected.
That being said, I know personally that even when a military member was lucky enough not to come back in a body bag, or shot up, or with missing limbs.... even in cases where that member never saw war duty, there is almost ALWAYS still a major sacrifice attached to his/her service.
Feeling good about their accomplishment is often a big part of how they deal with said sacrifice, and its also what makes it hard to deal with the fact that its always the ones who have given of themselves the least who seem to whine the loudest.

My personal favorite are those that ***** and complain constantly but do nothing to help improve the situation. I get thanked for my service all the time but I honestly cant help but wonder how truly appreciated a freedom is, if nothing is done to secure it, whether by military duty or civic duty.

I dont know you, so Im not saying this applies to you, but after two of your posts about what the meaning of being an American, (of which Im in agreement) I felt it necessary to ADD to it from the perspective of the average troop without getting to soapboxy.

Bamford

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.