Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WANTED!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

WANTED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WANTED!!!

I've got a jet project going and I need a few Fromeco Badger switches with the pin and flag...Anyone have any of these gathering dust and are willing to part with them???....Fromeco doesn't make them any more....[:@]....

Kevin
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
k12rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WANTED!!!

Kevin don't know if it will work but smart fly has them if you will read leads with meter Ill check it with mine Keith
Old 12-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Kevin Greene

ORIGINAL: k12rc

Kevin don't know if it will work but smart fly has them if you will read leads with meter Ill check it with mine Keith
I already have a couple of the Fromeco Badger switches on hand...I just need one more to have a matched set for my jet...Besides, the failsafe switch that Smartly sells won't work outside of using Smartfly's Power Expanders or other similar units...Here's why:

The failsafe switch that Smartfly uses is wired so that is plugs directly into the power expander and uses the power expander's smart circuitry to turn on the Power Expander...To make a long story short, I believe that the Smartly failsafe pin and flag swich is designed so that when the pin is inserted into the swich the switch contact is made...When it is made it sends a signal (a short if you will) to the Power Expander to turn itself off...When the pin is removed, the contact is open, sending the signal for the unit to turn on...In other words, when the pin is installed you are shorting out the circuit..When the pin is removed the circuit is allowed to be completed and the unit turns itself on...It is my understanding that the current from the battery packs do not pass through the pin and flag switch and it cannot handle the current that you would need to the radio system...The pin and flag just enables the circuitry within the switch to either allow the current to pass or not to pass through the Power Expander's circuitry...The Fromeco Badger switch works the same way...The Fromeco switch just has all of the components within one switch package rather than Smartfly's way of having the circuity within the Power Expander and making you buy a separate pin/flag switch separately...

Kevin
Old 12-17-2009, 09:33 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, the Smart-Fly failsafe switches are built into there equipment and the pin assembly is only the key to activate that internal switch.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:18 PM
k12rc

sorry it would not work Iam not up to date on fromeco but nice to know Keith
Old 12-17-2009, 08:15 PM
gooseF22

Kevin
I dont have one in my test bin anymore either. Would you consider a Wolverine in place of two badgers? Its been upgraded and redesigned, and is even more outstanding... Dont know what app you are using..

dave
Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Kevin Greene

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

Kevin
I dont have one in my test bin anymore either. Would you consider a Wolverine in place of two badgers? Its been upgraded and redesigned, and is even more outstanding... Dont know what app you are using..

dave
Hey Goose!!!...I would consider the Wolverine if I had to buy new switch(s) but I already have two Badgers and I'm just needing a third switch to run some accessories...I'm using two of the Badger switches to run dual receivers/dual battery packs...As I previously mentioned, I need a third Badger switch to run some accessories such as lighting, afterburner ring and maybe a smoke system...I want another pin/flag switch to match what I already have...Although I'm sure that the Wolverine is adequately filtered, I prefer to isolate the power of my accessories rather than run the extras sharing the same battery pack the RX is using...As an aside, I also need to buckle down a little on my spending as I'm facing some pretty serious surgery in the near future...[:@]...

Kevin
Old 12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
snoozer
My Feedback: (41)

Kevin,

I sent you a PM.
I have a NIP Fromeco Badger.
Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Kevin Greene

ORIGINAL: snoozer

Kevin,

I sent you a PM.
I have a NIP Fromeco Badger.
Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.
Sorry for the late reply but I've been out of pocket for a few days...Sent you a PM on the switch....[sm=thumbs_up.gif]....

THANKS!!!...Kevin
Old 12-27-2009, 10:58 AM
snoozer
My Feedback: (41)

Kevin,

I've sent you E-Mails & PM about the switch but I haven't heard from you lately.

If you are no longer looking for one I am going to put mine up For Sale.