Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Feibao or Flyeaglejets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Feibao or Flyeaglejets

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Marcelo Assis
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feibao or Flyeaglejets

Hello all,
I am planning to buy a Kingtech K 80.
I am a novice in jets and I would like to ask which brand would bee the step above.
Feibao or Flyeagle?
I am thinking about a L 39.
Regards
Marcelo
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Feibao or Flyeaglejets

Marcelo,

Dom (Major Woody) has had a FB L-39 for quite awhile and he's flown it a lot. The only experince with an FEJ L-39 that I know of reported here on RCU was nowhere near as positive...

Bob
Old 12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

At this point, based on others' reports here in RCU, I would NOT buy an FEJ. Based on my own experience, I will never buy another FB, either.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:00 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a FeiBao F-86 and have had many trouble free flights with it, would not hesitate to but another jet from them.

Kevin
Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Marcello,
Take a look at the thread that Maj Woody did on the FB L-39. A lot of good info there.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7060606/tm.htm
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Marcelo Assis

Tks a lot.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Marcelo, honestly the best one you can get for the Kinteck engine is not FB or FEJ. But this one http://www.skymasterjet.com/l39.htm Plus there is mor info here in RCU about the build tips. Also BVM have some good mods for this airframe. My friend just maiden his and is a really good flyer, not bad habbits. He just one or two clicks for fly it no hands.

Alex
Old 12-17-2009, 07:42 AM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree, The Skymaster's L-39 looks great as I just picked mine up the other day and I have already started to work on putting her together. detail work looks great. she will fly on an 18lb turbine and up.

Mark
Old 12-17-2009, 09:19 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The Skymaster L-39 is way bigger than the two cited above. The K80 will not be a good match for it.

Enrique
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Especially off grass.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: erbroens

The Skymaster L-39 is way bigger than the two cited above. The K80 will not be a good match for it.

Enrique
Its also significantly more expensive. For a small L-39, I'd go with the FB through the Global Jet Club...

Bob
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Marcelo Assis

Thanks Bob
Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
eric_monster

Marcelo,

I find myself in the same position as you. I am just now trying to break into r/c jets. I think you and I have probably asked a lot of the same questions and done a lot of the same research. From what I have found, both FB and FEJ have questionable histories and quality. From what I have found currently, both have gotten better, but between the 2 FB is currently the better. However, with all the variability that I have read, I know that I am going to play it a bit safer and go with Skymaster. They have proven themselves a lot more than FB or FEJ. That, and if you buy direct from www.skymasterjet.com, you can get a special deal on the Kingtech.

I am not meaning to trash either FB or FEJ, I do like models from both companies. But for my first jet, I want something with a little less hassle.

Eric
Old 12-17-2009, 11:45 AM
avicom

Yes, SM is a lot bigger. That doesn't mean it will not fly with the K-80. This baby flew with P-60 when release wich is less power than K-80. Anton got videos to prove it. Now for all speed freaks a 28 pounder is the best match. About pricing, this one now comes complete with all accesories. Other two are good if you got good build skills.

Alex
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Violator
My Feedback: (4)

I too am about to pull the trigger on a Kingtech k80 and was looking for a few different models.. I am initially going with a shockjet for my intro into turbines.. but I know myslef.. and it wont be long before I will be working on getting a scale model.
I am eagerly anticipating the new baby viper from SM / X-treme jets.. it is large.. should be pretty easy to fly compared to some of the other high wing loaded scale models and will most likely be a good fit for the kingtech.. and like someone else said.. the package deal with that turbine is very attractive at $1399. Now if it will just be released on time.. or at least close to it.. : -)
Cant wait for the first review or build thread when it shows up..
Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: avicom

Yes, SM is a lot bigger. That doesn't mean it will not fly with the K-80. This baby flew with P-60 when release wich is less power than K-80. Anton got videos to prove it. Now for all speed freaks a 28 pounder is the best match. About pricing, this one now comes complete with all accesories. Other two are good if you got good build skills.

Alex
Yes, it will fly or better said, it will be able to break ground after a long run on the grass reaching a cliff on a strong headwind in a very cold day!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
avicom

Just wait for the 2:10 min and see it. This is the prototype http://www.jetsrc.com/videos/L-39_0001.wmv No more arguing just ideas to get a new guy into jets. Marcelo we always want more power for a lot of reasons other than just go fast, that's a fact. Shorter take off runs and to get out of troubles are most common ones. Again this is only another option for you to consider. You get the best one you can afford. And good luck with what ever you decide to buy. Just get in and enjoy the kero smell.

Alex
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 PM
SAP_2000

The SM L-39 WILL fly great on a K80 if kept relatively light. No worries.
I don't understand why some says it will be underpowered with a 80-90N engine. Have they ever flown/ tried one, or do they just THINK it will be underpowered??

I have been flying a SM L-39 with a P80SE (95N) and it's a great match. This engine gives it more than "scale power". A friend of mine has flown one with a old ~80N AMT engine and it flew great too (I have tried and flown it). Another one of my friends has flown a SM L-39 for years, mostly from a local grass field with an old SimJet 85N engine and he also never complained about performance...
A lot of people have seen mine fly, and I have never once heard anyone say it's underpowered.
Some people thought it would be since most are putting 120 and 160 engines in them, but that was until they actually saw one fly for themselves...

A few videos to back up what I say...
Watch them and judge for yourself...

Skymaster L- 39 / JetCat P-80 SE take off and landing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icjIE5U0MzA

Tronds L 39 (powered by an old 80N/ 17 lbs engine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDl7ucOLeN4

Staale flying his Jetcat P80-SE-powered Skymaster L-39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEbq1wvexqA

Skymaster L 39 slow motion T/O and landings - Full HD. (P80 SE)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p7A8bbpS4g
Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Marcelo Assis

Hi Sap_2000 and all,
I would like to thank all of you for your imputs.
Please still tuned and puting your thoughts here.
Marcelo