Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetlegend Mig 29 Fulcrum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetlegend Mig 29 Fulcrum

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Jetlegend Mig 29 Fulcrum

I have never examined a SM Mig 29, so I cannot say how closerly it represents the Mig29 from a scale point of view.. I have seen a Fly Eagle Mig 29. It was a long way offf scale in my eyes and very heavy. I FEJ made this with their latest honeycomb technology it would be much better.
John
Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 AM
keweiliang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
Take a look at my JetLegendMIG29's new improvement.Do youthinkit isuseful?

William

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35292.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	1833354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94789.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1833355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19295.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1833356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29267.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1833357  
Old 12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

William, what is it for?

Guys, regarding the Skmaster MIG-29, it isn't 100% scale either, but the gear are fantastic and the plane flies great. The airframe is strong enough to handle a P-200 and take some mild abuse. I wish FEJ made a Single seat MIG-29. I can't stand the looks of the two seater.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Falcon29
My Feedback: (7)

"I wish FEJ made a Single seat MIG-29. I can't stand the looks of the two seater."

+1
I think they would sell a lot more if it was a single seater.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:17 AM
JohnMac

I quite like the look of the two seater variants of the Mig 29. Sadly FEJ have got the front of the fuselage totally wrong.
It is interesting about the SM model. I doubt that the JL model would take a P200, but then it absulotely doesn't need it. The flight envelope with a good 160 is excellent and completely scale like. As I have said, the thick wing limits the straight line speed somewhat but the verticals are as high as I would want to go.
I would like to hang a wing full of ordnace off of my model and then perhaps a 180 size engine would be useful to overcome the extra drag. Maybe Skymaster offer ordnance for the MIG? JL have missed a trick here.
Merry Christmas.
John
Old 12-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnMac

Chris I understand,
To make this model scale would be a huge effort. The wing is slightly the wrong shape (though not by much) but the section is nothing like a real Mig. It is a vey fat section which limits the models speed. The tailplane does not have the swept pivot system, let alone the lack of anhedral.
The list goes on and on. So it's not really a scale model.
On the other hand, JL have tackled a popular but difficult to model prototype in a pragmatic way, and at a good price point. There are a few issues (which ARTF doesn't?) but it is worth persevering, due to the way it flies.
In my loft I have a bare airframe of a Mig 29 from the Ukrainian kit. This is 100% scale. When I get around to this model there will be a huge amount of work to build it, but it will fly as well as the JL model as well as being faster. I will probably use a set of JL undercarriage if it will fit.
Besides this model and the CARF version, I do not know of any other scale mig 29's.
John
I also have the UKR Jets Mig 29 9-13 kit. This model was designed and made by a former employee of Mig. He was asked to make a display model for the company to use at trade shows. This is the most accurate Mig 29 you can find. The only issue I have with it is that its the hump back version which is representative of the Mig variant with extra fuel capacity. My favorite Mig 29 is the UB two seater.
The surfce detail on this model is second to none, truely museum scale. The composite work is outstanding.

Other than that the next best Mig 29 is the Fiber Classics/CARF version.

The down side to both of these is that they are older designs and both require twin engines. The funny thing is the UKR Jets Mig uses servo actuated landing gear, high torque servos are needed. Kind of ahead of its time considering the trend in powered retracts these days. The struts are a light weight molded nylon with metal parts so tought but light weight.

My understanding is that the Skymaster Mig 29 is based on the UKR Jets Mig. So if this is true then its the next best choice for a newer single engine Mig 29. The landing gear seem to be very nice as well.

I would like to see the other Migs in person and watch them fly. I understand the typical character of the Mig 29 is to float on approach to landing which makes sense to me.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Jetmutt

I am considering purchasing a JL Mig29 or an F-20 and would like to know how noticeable is the parting line on these ARF. My understanding is that these airplanes are painted inside the mold and an external paint job is extra. The main reason I am asking is because there is a video on you tube about an individual documenting how horrible is the parting line on the Mig 29 and the quality of the airplane in general. I would appreciate any close up pictures of these airplanes in the area of the parting line. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Ian Prentice

Hi I have the standard scheme and think the quality is great ! I really wouldn't worry about the joint lines they are only noticeable if you have your nose up against the Fus ! My mig has been great from day one and flys a treat ! I wouldn't hesitate getting one ! Ignore the vid clip some people should maybe stick or switch to model railways ! At the end if the day who notices the odd line when they are flying! All depends if you want a static hanger model or great flying jet! Will post some pics at some point!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 AM
JohnMac

Jetmutt,
The Migs are not painted in th mold ,or at least mine wasn't. Ian's model looks really great in the show scheme. Mine is in Czech camoflage and I can't really complain about the painting of mine, except to say that the painter was just that, a painter and not a modeller. The result looks a bit like a Dinky toy to me. In the summer I will repaint mine to make it more scale like. The paint will be far less neat when I am finished, just like the real one.
John
Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Jetmutt

Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. If you get a chance please post a couple of pictures. No hangar queens here but I just want to make sure I am not going to get something unsightly that my eye will go to every time I look at the jet.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM
JohnMac

Here are a couple of shots of my JL Mig 29. I don't have any of it flying or any video I'm afraid.
John

Name:	Vt56245.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1834038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92516.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1834039  
Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
dubd

Jet Legend has the worst paint of all the ARF manufacturers that I've seen. I can't tell if they just don't understand what we want as modelers or they just don't care.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 AM
JohnMac

It depends what you want and what your standards are. The Mig in the Swifts scheme looks great. The ones in camolfage, particularly soviet era camoflage, are another story. They did not ever, so far as I am aware mask the lines between colour but just hand spayed. Panel would get swopped between aircraft, then there was wear, dirt and weathering. I have bought 1/2 litre cans of each of the colours on my Mig and I plan to airbush the lines and the odd panel here and there. I will dirty it up sutbly too. The Czech migs were only 6 years old when they were replaced, so I don't want to go over the top.
Carl who has the Hungarian Mig, didn't mind the way his model was painted.
I am trying to post some pictures of the full size Czech Migs but just keep getting a server error. I will try again later.
John
Old 04-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Jim Cattanach

I am almost finished my second Mig29 after the first one was lost.
On my first one, I had the wing ailerons mixed with elevons, unfortunately, I cannot remember how I set this up on the first one. I have the elevons working fine. Not sure if the wing ailerons need a seperate channel, or can be used with the existing elevon setup & a mix used?
My radio is JR 11x.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Jim Cattanach

ORIGINAL: Jim Cattanach

I am almost finished my second Mig29 after the first one was lost.
On my first one, I had the wing ailerons mixed with elevons, unfortunately, I cannot remember how I set this up on the first one. I have the elevons working fine. Not sure if the wing ailerons need a seperate channel, or can be used with the existing elevon setup & a mix used?
My radio is JR 11x.
Problem is sorted.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Jesus Cordoba

Hi friends
one question:
throws and cg??????????
I think the 32mm for the ailerons are a lot.
the aileron and the flap is glued, but the maxim. throws are 20mm for ailerons and 48mm for flap.

somebody fly with this configuration?

thanks.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Jose,
I have yet to fly mine, but see photo in this thread with the CG.:

The position of the stab at neutral:

Last, one pilot crashed his Mig because he didn't have enough travel in the ailerons to maintain level flight. He has previously flown using elevens and found the need for a lot of trim in the elevon to maintain level flight. Because of that, I intent to setup mine with a switch were I can use elevons if needed.
Suerte!

Name:	Balance Point.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	2050107   Click image for larger version

Name:	stab neutral.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	2050108  
Old 11-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Be sure your stab linkage is not the stock linkage. The stabs are inherently UNSTABLE and will go into fatal flutter if your linkage ever fails (as opposed to a stable stab, properly designed will weathervane instead of oscillating).
Old 11-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Jesus Cordoba

ok. today a cut anothers 3mm on the aileron wing section.
now the aileron travel is 30mm up and 30mm down.
please, somebody fly only with ailerons, no mixer with tailerons ???
Old 11-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Jim Cattanach

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Jose,
I have yet to fly mine, but see photo in this thread with the CG.:

The position of the stab at neutral:

Last, one pilot crashed his Mig because he didn't have enough travel in the ailerons to maintain level flight. He has previously flown using elevens and found the need for a lot of trim in the elevon to maintain level flight. Because of that, I intent to setup mine with a switch were I can use elevons if needed.
Suerte!
Edgar. It was my Mig 29 that was lost due to lack of aileron travel.
I believe it was a one off problem.
I had used elevons to control roll & pitch. The ailerons were set with no travel. In order to maintain level flight, I had to move the roll trim all the way to one side. At fast, or slow speeds, the effect was the same. When I landed, one elevon was trimmed up about 20mm & the other down 20mm. There was obviously something wrong with the airframe. I never did find the cause, despite extensive checking of incidences etc, by me & others.
Anyway, someone advised that I should fly it using only the ailerons for roll. I set the movements at maximum & took off. Maximum roll movement was not enough & the jet rolled in.
I built a second one & used a mix of elevon & aileron for roll & the jet flew straight & level.
My main problem with both jets was the landing gear locking mechanism. Some are using a hydraulic conversion, which seems to overcome the problems.
Having said all this, the jet is great to fly, lands slowly & easily.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:38 AM
JohnMac

Originally Posted by Jesus Cordoba
ok. today a cut anothers 3mm on the aileron wing section.
now the aileron travel is 30mm up and 30mm down.
please, somebody fly only with ailerons, no mixer with tailerons ???
I originally flew mine with only ailerons. It flew OK but was quite numb in roll. I added about 20% horizonal stab movement in with the ailerons, and it was fine. Sadly mine was broken in March when I stupidly decided that because my ES could fly in a strong crosswind, the MIG would too. In fact it swung off the runway at the point of rotation, damaging the nose and gear. I am still waiting for gear parts but at least I have a new nose section.
I can't wait to have it up and flying again.
John
Old 11-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Jesus Cordoba

ok. now the ailerons have 30mm travel up and down
i would fly only with ailerons. please, somebody can confirm that´s enough ??

Name:	20141130_133418.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	2051155   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141130_133439.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	2051156  
Old 12-01-2014, 12:41 AM
JohnMac

It will fly OK like this but the roll may be a bit slow.
John
Old 12-01-2014, 02:53 AM
AlexKuys

HI
Are all you guys landing gear sorted out . I bought a new kit about a year ago and the landing gear is not relyable, waiting for a replacement st now for about 6 months.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys,
What is the max thrust the pipe can take? I have a Rhino 200 SP that I will use on one. I will use a radio mix to bring the thrust down. Gear up = thrust for cruising (36Lb?). Gear down = higher thrust in case of abort needed (? Lbs).
I'm good with throttle control, and not a speed freak , but wont mind having a good high thrust in case of emergency.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.