Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren keroburner quality

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren keroburner quality

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM
leopaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wren keroburner quality

Hi everyone,

I just want to know if someone else had experienced premature failure of the kero buner of a wren engine.

Mine broke after only 180 minutes, the silver weld joint between the tip and the element had broke.

Unfortunately, this is not a part covered under warranty .....

Any feedback appreciated as usual!

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Your burner unit is now 17 months old according to the registration (registered May 1, 2012). And it is installed in a heli motor. Unfortunately the heli motors do experience more vibration which could be the reason for the failure. I understand that Wren UK is assisting you with this issue, and that you also received a new mount free of charge. We do recommend that a spare burner be purchased to avoid the "down time".
As for the thrust motors, we rarely see any problems due to this type of failure.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

If you make a HELI turbine you should make it so that it can accommodate the vibration of the application. That being said my WREN 54 ran like a champ for 7 years even after sitting for 3 years. Sold it in a YA starfire and its still running good.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys
I've got a Wren 100 here with over 19 hours on it and another with a little over 9, ive also a Wren 160 with a little over 11 hours all kero start all running fine.
Sorry to hear your Plug failed but from my experience I can only guess it must have been bad luck
.Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily and up and running soon

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 10-02-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: poor speling and grama