Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Fly Eagle Jet World No 1 Jet Model Manufacturer

I am making this statement because Fly Eagle jet have improved so much in the past year and based on the following criteria:

1- value for money
    2- Quality
    3- Jet model choices and variety of options
    4- Attention to detail
    5- customer service

This is a personal opinion of course but based on dealing with the company and the products for the past 3 years.
    It is a company that is seriously worth considering when planning your next project.

Peter A
    Altecare RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fly Eagle Jet World No 1 Jet Model Manufacturer

Everyone has their opinions. For me and many others who have lost jets due to their poor quality, they still fall way short of that goal.
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm Making popcorn!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it right.
    AMA 779352, JPO 1965
    Kingtech K-100, K-140

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

man we should be alcohol tested before making any post

i love there Mig!exact scale of the real deal!

...just to mention your F18 is also street use approved

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq47446.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	320.2 KB 
ID:	1373070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr55554.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	1373071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot47099.gif 
Views:	178 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	1373072  
    when i crash nothing survives

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL! You owe me a new laptop because I just spit my Pepsi all over it when I read what you posted.

Slapping some shiny paint on a shell does not make the gear go up or down, keep the door cylinders from leaking or the tail pipes from burning apart and your jet fireballing into the earth.

FEJ is not even close to Skymaster, Comp-Arf or BVM. C-ARF and BVM are in a league of their own...SM is the next one down and then FEJ bringing up the rear.

You can go to a meet anywhere and see C-ARF or BVM jets (Skymaster too) with hundreds and hundreds of flights on them. I don't think you can say the same about FEJ.

Beave

ORIGINAL: EICAS

Team JR,
    Jetcat USA
    Allied Scale Squadron
    The SPT-10 rules!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, there are very very few people who managed to keep the 1/7th scale F18F flying for a significant period of time...
    We see a lot of guys posting about their brand new shiny planes out of the box ,and then nothing. Strange no?

Also what about the resell value of these things ?
    A CARF Mig 29 or A-4 or even Mig 15 do not loose much value if it is well built and maintained. Same thing for a BVM plane.

A FEJ plane will fall apart after a few flights and is worth nearly nothing after one year of use.
    Even the nib kits loose value because people know that there might be a possibility that the plane is one of the "prelaunch" kits that will require around 200 hours of R&D to become reliable.
    Oli. Utimate Jets.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Everyone has their opinions. For me and many others who have lost jets due to their poor quality, they still fall way short of that goal.

To quote Claude Rains at the end of Casablanca - " Major Strasser has been shot, round up the usual suspects."

I have my monitor hooked up to my flat screen, a cup of soda and ready to read the next barrage of posts... It's about to get intense in here.. LOL
    F. Ward

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like BVM and JMP, which I think are the 2 best out there overall. C-ARF and Airworld are next, followed by every chinese manuf. in no particular order at all. All of the early ones had issues, some got better quicker. Some have a better version of one plane than anothers right now. In the end, it is mostly up to the modeler as to whether their chinese plane is a hit or a miss. Common sense building and QC by the modeler will likely result in a decent flying chinese ARF, regardless of the makers name assigned to the exact same product out of the same molds. Crappy internal wing design/workmanship not withstanding, of course .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK. I'll jump. Have you tried flying it?  Please let us know if you still feel the same way after 20 flights.

Arnaud

Very Nice Jet!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe if some of these retards could read, they would see that the quality is a lot better than what it used to be. Anyways, nice f18 My apologies to the people that made a sensible post.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lilphil26

Maybe if some of these retards could read, they would see that the quality is a lot better than what it used to be.* Anyways, nice f18 ** My apologies to the people that made a sensible post.*
    Its pretty hard to believe a statement like what has been posted when the pictures of are a "pretty plane" sitting inside that appears to be in-complete and un-flown... Their layup quality may have gone up (and appears to with each new model, but what about all the earlier models that are still basically "junk?").. Why can't they go back to those models and refine them like other companies have (BVM, skymaster, etc etc)...

IMO to make a statement of "#1 whatever of the year" the quality better be great in EVERY thing they offer, both new and old: Not just with their "new releases".. And that includes, landing gear, tail pipes, wood quality, composite work, etc etc.

But the 1/6th F-18 is great looking in that color scheme.. cant wait to see how they fly... And i REALLY like the Mig...
    Thomas W.
    Euro-sport Evo, Scratch built 1/7 F-14D Tomcat, 26.5% Gee Bee R2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I always stood behind their products in the past, but these days......... Lets just say, somebody else is finishing my Liberty for me, I'll fly it, but I lost interest in it....... Pretty bad when it's your own design (well, cosmetically anyway)......

As for who is the World No 1 Jet Model producer......

Of all the kits, arf's and otherwise that I have ever built, nothing comes close to JMP! The Firebird is by far the BEST airplane I have EVER built. For the quality, it's the best bang for the buck I've had as well, and that's with it being the most expensive jet I've ever owned.
    remember when people actually BUILT their airplanes?

ORIGINAL: CrashingXpert

i love there Mig!exact scale of the real deal!
    CrashingXpert, the 2 images you posted are the single and twin seater versions in the same color schemes, as such they are totally different and the looks of the single MIG29 you posted is very close to the looks of the real single seater MIG 29, granted I do not like the single seater looks either.
    Peter A
    Altecare RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CrashingXpert, the 2 images you posted are the single and twin seater versions in the same color schemes, as such they are totally different and the looks of the single MIG29 you posted is very close to the looks of the real single seater MIG 29, granted I do not like the single seater looks either.
    Both pictures are of the two seater version, it's just that FEJ got the outline completely wrong.
    Roman
    Wren USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On the other hand your Super Hornet looks great along with some of the other jets they offer.There F-86 has a very good scale outline IMO better than SM's except for the gear.
    Roman
    Wren USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

knock yourself out mate

Name:	Om33754.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	1373257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr54518.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	1373258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo30064.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	1373259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Au56862.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	1373260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bn77072.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	1373261  

when i crash nothing survives

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do agree with some of Peter's points.
    I have owned 2 of FEJ kits an F18 and F16 and have assembled a third.
    From what I can see the quality has improved quite a bit from thier earlier designs, but lets not forget that the early SkyMaster ( and other manufactures) kits had their problems as well I have assembled 3 of their early kits and they all had issues.
    The point I am trying to make is that only time will tell, I think it is very important that all manufactures take in account all the feed back they recieve from their customers and try to improve the quality of their products ( like Skymaster for example )
    If and when FEJ get all the bugs worked out of their products I think they will be a force to recon with
    Good luck Peter

Ted Anton

Name:	Fd91081.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1373310  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For all intent and purposes, this thread was about the 1/6 scale F18. I am building one right now, it has 4 hinges in the flap, I think it is plenty. If you watch the video you may be able to see that the flap was hooked up to only one servo, and it was flying on a P200. I myself will be installing 2 servos on this surface for safty reasons and because thats how it was developed.

To the next point, The Mig 29 is currently being re-designed. I myself have books and books on the mig 29. I have also worked on a FC-Comp ARF Mig 29 some years ago. The major problems where the nose and tail sections. Soon FEJ will present the corrections. I am sure FEJ will correct the outline to capture the true scale looks of this fantistic jet.

Next: The quality of the FEJ kits are getting better and better. This is a fact. I am also building the Orange F4 for a customer and can say this jet is hands down better quality than a Skymaster F4. I have built them both. You may ask, well what about the gear. Well, FEJ has finally listened. The gear has thicker side plates, bigger locks, and stronger aluminum. It is nice and beefy. The air cylindres now use 4 mm hose and FEJ supplies all needed 4 mm fittings including screw in pieces to the EV5 so the entire system works on 4mm. I have no leaks yet and the system works flawless.

So there are some updates. Stay tuned for some pics of the F4, and see it at Desert Jet Storm next week.

Kevin Marks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It will always be:

If it's not the brand everyone else likes it's no good.

Let's not get feedback to a manufacturer one way or another, lets just laugh and point at them.

It's like a school yard most of the time.

Let the personal attacks from GSR begin.

I don't care who the manufacturer is, they all have an issue somewhere, sometime and if you don't go through a plane and bash here and there you are asking for trouble I don't care who the manufacturer is.

Some you just don't hear about.
    Back Roads Outlaws Revver #165

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree the quality gets better with each model...

Name:	Us55084.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	556.5 KB 
ID:	1373385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql35534.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	531.0 KB 
ID:	1373386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr42059.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	609.5 KB 
ID:	1373387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oi15180.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	598.2 KB 
ID:	1373388  
    William R. Foster
    UAV builder

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Common guys this thread is obviously a joke right??? I mean seriously is anybody really foolish enough to think for a second this could be true???? after reading a second time I think he was serious!!!![X(] I know of 4 FEJ planes that have been built including 1 by myself. All are at the landfill at present time. My F-15 had the leading edge of the wing open and the entire wing panel exploded off the plane causing a total loss on the 5th flight. The sad part is even considering the plane is cheap, I damaged an new turbine, RX, Batteries, servos, ect.. causing this to be a very expensive lesson. FEJ NO MORE EVER!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a company that HAS listened to what people have said and acted on it. Thay want to get it ALL right and keep coming out with products that are better than the competition. Let's remember one thing...your not spending $8000 for a kit that takes a year to build. You are getting an ARF at half the price and a damn good one at that! Kevin is right...the fit, finish AND gear is exceptional on the new planes. Our F-18 and F-4 are the best I have seen from anyone in a long time. This is a growing company that listens...what more could you ask for? They are constantly improving their product so we don't have to work so hard and spend hours and hours building $8000 kits. If that is what you want, go get it! No one is stoping you. But to bash a company that is listening and making changes is just wrong. I think this thread should be closed as it has just turned into another one of those BS whitch hunts. Fly what you want guys...
    Just my 2c's worth.
    Lowell
    Lowell Wexler
    RC Jets Direct, Global Jet Club, Kingtec turbines, Jet Cat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: olnico

Yes, there are very very few people who managed to keep the 1/7th scale F18F flying for a significant period of time...
    We see a lot of guys posting about their brand new shiny planes out of the box ,and then nothing. Strange no?

Also what about the resell value of these things ?
    A CARF Mig 29 or A-4 or even Mig 15 do not loose much value if it is well built and maintained. Same thing for a BVM plane.

A FEJ plane will fall apart after a few flights and is worth nearly nothing after one year of use.
    Even the nib kits loose value because people know that there might be a possibility that the plane is one of the ''prelaunch'' kits that will require around 200 hours of R&D to become reliable.

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix
    Well, I always stood behind their products in the past, but these days......... Lets just say, somebody else is finishing my Liberty for me, I'll fly it, but I lost interest in it....... Pretty bad when it's your own design (well, cosmetically anyway)......
    These two posts are the most telling of the entire thread...

Bob

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast