Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Just got a Jet Cat.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Just got a Jet Cat.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
VA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a Jet Cat.

Hi all
Been wanting to get into turbines and was fortunate enough to have a friend after crashing is Skymaster F 15, just gave up on the hobby and moved away. His ex wife had a bunch of stuff in the garage she wanted to get rid of before the house was sold and I came across the damaged but not destroyed F 15. She just wanted it out and considered the cleanout a favor.After getting some other nitro goodies and the F15 in my truck , off I went. I was tickled to have a turbine...although not running. Since he crashed it it was in decent shape. I think some water got in the electronics and possibly in tthe turbine. So I want to have a crack at cleaning it up and ressurecting it. I will likely need all new electronics and from what my friend said before he moved, the engine was running fine. Hes not sure why he "lost it" Money to burn I guess.

So the question is, how can I tell which turbine it is? Where do I begin? I did take the starter assembly off and noticed a number of 127G. It's fairly large, the plane had to weigh 25-30 lbs or so. I did consider selling itwith all the stuff it came with. I also removed the single to twin bifurcated pipe and it is in fine shape.
I will post pictures but a little guidance in the right direction until my next picture laden post please.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Just got a Jet Cat.

VA, The best advice i can give you is to call Bob Wilcox at jet-cat and ask him what motor that is. He should have all the info on the serial # for the motor. If you let him no the original purchasers name he should be able to give you what you are looking for.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just got a Jet Cat.

If the number you refer to was etched on the aluminum ring just aft of hte purple cover where the wire comes out thsi serial number would be #1276. There have never been any letters in the serial numbers of JetCat's. This is a very old P-120 and they were good motors. All parts to fix are still available. As old as this motor is, I am not sure what the current market value for it is with the newewr JetCat SE's and SX's on the market.

Call bob and he will get you fixed up.