Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: turbine prices

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

One of the bad things about any forum is that some flake starts a worthless thread with stupid statements then argues with everyone. There is only one head in this forum that is misplaced..everyone knows where it is but you.
    Tom, quit poking fun at the short bus ! I know it's easy but not nice !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Xairflyer ,
    +1
    kingtight~,~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gee what an intelligent argument by the Irish gent? I mean.. how come we ALL can't afford Super Cars huh?!!!! I feel CHEATED!!!!!!!!

A SMART man would understand that anything cost to much.. if you can't afford it!
    BobH.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gee what an intelligent argument by the Irish gent?
    Well, actually, some of his argument makes sense, some does not.

There are many Jet kits out there that are 5 times more expensive than the equivalent sized/detailed scale prop plane. There is no reason for this, the manufacturing prices would be no different.
    Yep, have to agree on that one. Why does a Boomerang jet from small time model sellers cost at least twice what the equivalent non jet model (some actually from the same manufacturer) sold from the local hobby shop who has all the on costs?

If it is cheap it is not allowed/wanted in the jet hobby, there has been a lot of condemning of say for example the fly eaglejet range on RCU and more recently as someone mentioned JetLegend, both of who provide Jet kits at a much more realistic price, but once there is a problem they are then a pile of crap. Toyota springs to mind !
    Nope, no so. I cannot speak of the rest of the world but I attended arguably Australia's biggest jet rally last weekend and everyone was made most welcome regardless of what they flew. From Mibo A-10's worth squillions to 'ordinary' turbine models, to manky old ducted fan models with the spiders chased out & engines refitted, to little EDF's, everyone had a good time & were treated equally if they spent lots or little.

I think what happens in jet forums, other forums, life, is that discussions turn into the mine is bigger, better, longer, more expensive than yours deal people who just can't help but argue. Look past it.

As for Kingtight's original question, I think that's been answered by the sensible posts, if he wants one he can:
    1/ pay the 'excessive' price. [&o]
    2/ pay the chinese price. [sm=drowning.gif]
    3/ build his own. [sm=idea.gif]
    4/ miss out on the fun of flying jets. [sm=cry_smile.gif]

John.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was once said you can find a formula to suit any purpose.

How does one explain or justify Research and Development when more and more manufactures jump in on the bandwagon and start selling turbines, which naturally drives prices down.
    We seen this happen many times.
    If theres will theres way.
    If someone wants to sell turbines at a cheaper cost and maintaining quality, then they will. Its called technology.
    We've heard and seen it befroe, where people says this or that can't be done. Then a few years later we see break throughs in technology.

Just a few unanswered questions which are not only realated to turbines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't think any one is saying Turbine prices will remain the same forever. In fact the oposit is true and has been stated. Price is always a relative issue. Lots of things influence it.

So for the moment the prices are what they are for the reasons many have stated
    BobH.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not saying that our engines are too expensive or too cheap.....not really the issue here for me. What I have taken from this thread(from posts from RCPete and others) is that as long as we keep the price of the engines high only guys that are capable of handling them in a safe and prudent manner will be able to buy the engines. In other words, someone with lots of buying power just HAS TO BE be a good and competent RC jet pilot. I just don't think this is the case....as with full scale aviation, how many times have low time high earners got themselves in trouble with high performance airplanes because they could afford to buy them without having to build adequate time to be able to fly them safely and paid the ultimate price?

I agree that we want the manufacturers to be able to make a reasonable profit, we need them around for after sales parts and service....otherwise our engines are just glorified paperweights in the end....Ron

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234