Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Funsonic FS-70 Kero start help.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Funsonic FS-70 Kero start help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:33 PM
knobby1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funsonic FS-70 Kero start help.

Hey All,

I have a Funsonic FS-70 kero sart, the ECU is version 5.1 and I would like to get some ECU settings to get this beast running, any help or advice greatly appreciated, it seems this Ver 5.1 ECU is restricted to a 6 cell Nicad setup and I'm unable to adjust for a higher cell count or 3s Lipo battery, the menu doesn't allow for it, does the ECU need upgrading?? I have a manual but unfortunately it is in German.

The engine must have been running with this setup before but I cannot get the igniter to fire up, it doesn't seem to get hot enough.

Cheers,
Smithy.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
ColeTrickle

Default RE: Funsonic FS-70 Kero start help.

Hm,

at least you can try 2s Lipos (You can leave the menu entry as it is). This solved my startup issues with a non-kero-start version.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM
fasteddi

i have just finished two models with FS70.
both turbines are running perfect!!!
but you have to make sure that you use full loaded batteries- otherwise the burner would not ignite the fuel. the ecu shows me exact this failure while i am using an older battery.
now i am using a 7,4v lipos 2500mA with the ecu setting to 6cell nicad.

and dont forget to make a calibration-run the first time. you will find this in the pumpsetting-menu.

Uwe

Old 06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
knobby1

ORIGINAL: fasteddi

i have just finished two models with FS70.
both turbines are running perfect!!!
but you have to make sure that you use full loaded batteries- otherwise the burner would not ignite the fuel. the ecu shows me exact this failure while i am using an older battery.
now i am using a 7,4v lipos 2500mA with the ecu setting to 6cell nicad.

and dont forget to make a calibration-run the first time. you will find this in the pumpsetting-menu.

Uwe

Thanks for the advice Uwe,
I'll try the 2s Lipo, I have a 7.4v 4000Mah one sitting on the charger as we speak... ready to go!

Cheers,
Smithy.